Hello,can a humble DC5 Type-S owner with "P" license join all of you??

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Hehe,I just got my Honda Integra DC5 Type-S (K20A3) yesterday.I love it to bits,but of course it's not as fast as DC5R.I want to join you guys here so I can learn how to take care of the care better.And of course,how to mod it.I bought my DC5S complete with original DC5R rims,bodykit,spoilers and the works.so,the exterior is roughly the same(gonna get a BREMBO brake cover for the rims).I wanted to go for DC5R at first,but my manual driving skills aren't that good,and I mostly do city driving.

Can you recommend any shops with a lot of stuffs for my DC5S??I went to Kakimotor in Sunway to get MUGEN pedals after I get the car.Is there any other place??How about JC Racing??Is it good??Someone told me it's expensive though.

And can I tune the K20A3 engine to match the K20A that DC5R is using??I don't think I'll do any engine swap,though.If so,how much for the tuning??I'll settle for anything in the region of 200BHP.

And.....can I really join this forum with you guys??

Regards,
AezSky

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com

Hehe,I just got my Honda Integra DC5 Type-S (K20A3) yesterday.I love it to bits,but of course it's not as fast as DC5R.I want to join you guys here so I can learn how to take care of the care better.And of course,how to mod it.I bought my DC5S complete with original DC5R rims,bodykit,spoilers and the works.so,the exterior is roughly the same(gonna get a BREMBO brake cover for the rims).I wanted to go for DC5R at first,but my manual driving skills aren't that good,and I mostly do city driving.

Can you recommend any shops with a lot of stuffs for my DC5S??I went to Kakimotor in Sunway to get MUGEN pedals after I get the car.Is there any other place??How about JC Racing??Is it good??Someone told me it's expensive though.

And can I tune the K20A3 engine to match the K20A that DC5R is using??I don't think I'll do any engine swap,though.If so,how much for the tuning??I'll settle for anything in the region of 200BHP.

And.....can I really join this forum with you guys??

Regards,
AezSky
welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your stay here. :wavey:

theres tons of useful information if you just do a search. everything from exhausts, to intake manifolds, to air intakes, to brakes, to suspension tuning.... you name it.

its going to be very hard to get the K20A3 engine to "match" the K20A because of the differences in the internals, and you'll probably end up breaking the bank trying to do so, which would make an engine swap much more cost effective.

however, your target of 200bhp (on engine... roughly 160 on wheels) is actually quite achievable with the usual intake/exhaust/header/intakemanifold/throttlebody/hondata mods. the Type-S is rated at 160bhp on engine if i'm not mistaken.

if you were aiming for 200 on the wheels... that might prove to be a handful, and you'd need to touch the internals - cams, etc.

so do read up more on the car... its a great base to play with. just remember to enjoy the ride because its easy to get caught up with chasing a horsepower number and forget to enjoy the actual modding. :biggrin:

arsenalrox

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi im interested to find out how to mod the K20A3 engine as i am driving one atm.

Maybe bro NukeeZoid can advise me as well :)

Current mods i have is AEM V2 intake.

I bought Skunk Stage 1 cams but yet to installed as i believe i may need to change my intake manifold, headers + exhaust system to cater for this setup? Thinking of getting UniChip piggyback...

Any advise?

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hi im interested to find out how to mod the K20A3 engine as i am driving one atm.

Maybe bro NukeeZoid can advise me as well :)

Current mods i have is AEM V2 intake.

I bought Skunk Stage 1 cams but yet to installed as i believe i may need to change my intake manifold, headers + exhaust system to cater for this setup? Thinking of getting UniChip piggyback...

Any advise?
you can always get the cams on first if you like... just need tuning for it to work properly.

if i were you, i'd get the i/h/e/ecu mods done first before proceeding to cams.

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey Aezsky. Sent you a private message. Do check.
Sorry for the super late reply,bro.Was damn busy.Sorry,but I don't think I'll change mine yet as somehow the exhaust system I'm using is already aftermarket(thanks to the previous Japanese owner)~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifu......

Need help here. Currently having problem with my throttle body for 4G13 engine (Proton Wira fuel injection).
REV up & down non stop (air-cond off).
REV normal when air-cond on but will be REV up & down once air-cond temp automatically cut off.
Workshop checked with the reading system said that there is 0 step. Must change new throttle body. Inside gears already replaced last year.
If, look for new throttle body. Can I use 1600cc or 1800cc throttle body from proton as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience