problem with sounds and steering fluid?

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
hai guys..i owned a civic es....currently i face some annoying problem...when i step the accelerator....can hear the huuuuuuuuuuuuu sounds....worse when at the roundabout...the sound will more and more loud...when in free gear(goin down hill) cannot hear the huuuuuuuuuuuuu sound....y ah?this sound is can only be heard if i step the accelerator...some said this is because of the steering fluid or something...but what do accelerator connected to steering fluid problem?what should i do guys?need help...:rofl:

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yea..perhaps your power steering fluid not enough..so when high acceleration it will make those sound..check ur fluid level

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
thanks Dan....i already ask the mech to top up...still persist....if flush all the fluid and change to new one can help to decrease the huuuuuuu sound or make it disappear?may i know what steering fluid suitable for my civic es 1.7?how many liters do i need to buy if flush all the old fluid?

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
perhaps you can try..if you wan safe go for honda power steering fluid.perhaps 1 to 2 litre is enough for it.if after flush still the same problem occur i guess your pump worn out.so before changing the pump try to flush the fluid and use honda power steering fluid

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
is the steering rack leaking.perhaps you have to take out the whole rack and change the seal.and this maybe is the cause of the sound.because it leaks and run out of fluid.it automatically worn the power steering pump.perhaps you have to try overhaul the pump such as changing the seal,o-ring and bearing when u fix the rack.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
Power steering rack kong already?2moro i will drive to ranau...hilly road...about 120km....can i still drive my car?can cause serious damage?

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
thanks Dan KC...already ask the mech to check....o ring kong already...will replace next week ...........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Am plannin to get my ride re-painted and restore its ol skool look. Its a 1985 Toyota Cressida.

Currently :
- rust spots all over the car
- paint starts to flake, espcially at the trunk area.
- Big holes caused by the blardy rusts...(Behind rear wheel mudflap)
- Mini dents. Accumulated over d years.(Motorbike handle bars, plp leaning, etc) :angry:

My questions are:
- Will the cost be cheaper if I were to re-paint the car with the same color (ori paint)??

- Re-welding and bondo 'ing'...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience