brake problem dc2 SiR with ABS

A

achor

i've been experiencing quite a strong vibration when braking with speeds more than 100km/h. i've skimmed my disc n replaced my brake pads. but my car still vibrates with speed more than 100 km/h. anybody knows what is causing my problem? :confused_smile: does it lies with my master pump? or the ABS system itself? or my brake lines has worn out? but when braking, i've got no problem. it stops. but with tremendous shaking! if balancing is the problem, the car must vibrate even when i'm not pressing the brakes rite? but this vibration only happens when braking with speeds more than 100km/h. if lower, no vibration felt. why ar?

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Cld b your discs are warped. Sometimes skimming may not help. Only thing is to change the discs. Best thing is to ask your friendly mechanic. He knows best.

A

achor

warped? even skimming can't help? hmm... does that mean i have to change the brake pads again too?

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
since it only happens at high speed braking, why dun u try bleeding the entire brake fluid system and see what happens. do not re-use the dot3 fluid. get a brand new bottle.

ps. since u have ABS, drain all the fluid from there too.

A

achor

bleeding the whole system? hmm... there's something that i haven't tried. thanks for the advice. i'm running on dot 4 rite now.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
dun forget your brake pads. see if there are not grooved by whatever that makes the vibration. other than that the last resort will be your shocks or rarely your engine mounts. at high speed things are not the way it seems when its at slow speed.

just my 20 cents.

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
juz my 2 cents

wheel balancing n alignment play a big role in it.........

A

achor

mina~ , everyone, i went to my mechanic yesterday. he said i should try to do wheel balacing 1st. because he said, "i don't think the disc is making the vibration." so he suggested that i should try do wheel balancing 1st. hmm... it's been a while that i haven't done that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

print out the pic outline that i wan cut

here is the sticker...

stick the outline pic on the sticker..& follow the outline cut..wif cutter

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience