problems with ur JDM (full or semi) honda

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
it is a known fact/myth that a JDM honda car is the best honda car u can get... MDM honda's quality is inferior bla bla bla...

anyway... maybe due to luck etc, JDM rides can be somewhat troublesome too.

lemme start

driving a JDM accord yr 2000...
problems
1. rear right power window kong... the roller broke to several pieces... :angry_smile:
2. handbrake indicator light keeps being 'ON' even though handbrake released already:Not_Impressed:

problem no 2 disappeared by itself and no 1 solved an hour ago by replacing the whole power window mechanism... demn... feeling like driving a wira lak... power window kong

so any other ppl out there with problems (like proton - no offence) with their JDM rides?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
depends on your luck as you said.

No problems on mine... apart from having to replace some rubber pieces that aged.

1/4mile

Nov 17, 2005
I had the same problem with the handbrake indicator light. Check the brake fluid and it is insufficient. Upon further checking, there was leakage in the master pump. Replaced the pump and everything back to normal. Suggest that you check the brake fuild level...cheers

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
yup... depends on luck... anyway 1996 - 2001 JDM accords really have issues with the power window and sometimes the central locking. i know at least two other accords owners who have problems like me... leceh

my previous ride = MDM civic yr 1998... no problem with power window. demn kuat that power window

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ROFL!.. you got that right.. I can even feel the power window motor rebending the windows tracks on mine back to shape once in a while.

As for the central locking.. I've heard there are two different types of mechanism to push up the locks... not really knowledgable on the types, but I think one of them lasts longer than the other.

sasuke

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 23, 2004
amdfaisal said:
it is a known fact/myth that a JDM honda car is the best honda car u can get... MDM honda's quality is inferior bla bla bla...

anyway... maybe due to luck etc, JDM rides can be somewhat troublesome too.

lemme start

driving a JDM accord yr 2000...
problems
1. rear right power window kong... the roller broke to several pieces... :angry_smile:
2. handbrake indicator light keeps being 'ON' even though handbrake released already:Not_Impressed:

problem no 2 disappeared by itself and no 1 solved an hour ago by replacing the whole power window mechanism... demn... feeling like driving a wira lak... power window kong

so any other ppl out there with problems (like proton - no offence) with their JDM rides?
No car manufacturer can gurantee their car is problem free even Merc, Ferrari, BMW... JDM car is just better in term of QC. If compare between JDM and MDM car, the example I can give is JDM 5/100 cars might have problem but MDM 30/100 might have problem. Just the percentage of the risk is different. Your 6 years old car and only give u such a small problem consider very lucky fella. Nothing to complaint about, just my 2cents. :_:

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Only power window for me.. Both fronts but I guess its due anyway..

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
me all of it....problem....never satisfied with all i have but what to do no $$ so life goes on laa lol

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
actually the probs are not that big but since it's JDM so expectation is high le... i surely did not expect to have power window problem in an accord... if wira then another story le heheh...

anyway just like u guys said... life goes on... still love my car but sometimes... just wanna kick it le heheh

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
this is on good tip.

1/4mile said:
I had the same problem with the handbrake indicator light. Check the brake fluid and it is insufficient. Upon further checking, there was leakage in the master pump. Replaced the pump and everything back to normal. Suggest that you check the brake fuild level...cheers

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
thx guys for the info/tip... anyway last nite the front passenger power window lak a bit dizzy... rolling down was ok but up.... just like tak makan 2 hari... today will test again... ceh just 2 days ago replaced the rear right power window module

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
amdfaisal

when you change it, did the mechanic grease the mechanical parts as well? wd40 should do the tricks

my power windows driver side kong after 13 years... due to rust.apparently the water sipped in through the doors panels ( rubbers seals aged already )

change the whole mechanical parts , cost about rm80 for the parts and rm30 for the labour charges

anyone have any idea how much the cost to change the door rubber seals?

thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm wanted to paint my car before CNY, any recommended place to go for? cheap cheap one and quality not bad also la...

my base is white colour, so i need only to paint a layer of white onto it, maybe 2k white, champion white or the white colour like DC2 one..

how much does it cost? some quote me Rm1200, some above RM1500... 1200 is ok, but heard workmanship is so so only..

anyway, my budget are around Rm1.2k... if can get...

thanks zthians :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience