The most suitable tyre

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
F1-D5 is cheaper range. PS3 is Asy 2 range for comparison....:driver:
But it's the same performance class: traction AA, tread wear low 300. (D5 300, PS3 320).
Asy 2 also does not have that size while both D5 & PS3 are available in a very wide range of sizes even down to 15'.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
U cant judge by this way, each pattern have their own characteristic.
Example
R888 - Maximum in Dry performance, but will loss control in wet.
R1R - Good in Dry performance, as well as wet condition.
T1S - More suitable to continental car (high torque) like VW, BMW, Mercedes ....
T1R - Overall performance tyre, good in dry or wet.

There are no THE BEST TYRE, only have the best tyre fit your requirement.
Think deeply, Why tyre maker create so many different pattern/category ?
Because every user need are different.
True that. I was merely comparing the tyres in terms of dry handling. Thanks for the clarification though!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But it's the same performance class: traction AA, tread wear low 300. (D5 300, PS3 320).
Asy 2 also does not have that size while both D5 & PS3 are available in a very wide range of sizes even down to 15'.
Before Asy and Asy 2 there was F1 GS-D3 in 15". Asy was design for Max performance so sizes starts at 17" and 45 series aspect ratio. To cater for 15", you get F1-D5 only.
You cannot judge tyre category by threadwear and traction rating. Achilles ATR Sports also Traction AA woh!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Before Asy and Asy 2 there was F1 GS-D3 in 15". Asy was design for Max performance so sizes starts at 17" and 45 series aspect ratio. To cater for 15", you get F1-D5 only.
You cannot judge tyre category by threadwear and traction rating. Achilles ATR Sports also Traction AA woh!
ATR sports Traction AA but threadwear 420 I think :love:

PP2 is which category? Since also Traction AA haha!

I remember F1-D5 get quite a lot of negative feedback. Seems a lot came back saying not good?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I remember F1-D5 get quite a lot of negative feedback. Seems a lot came back saying not good?
PP2 is below PS3, kind of same with F1-D5. F1-D5 okay mah! but of course below Asy2....:driver:

vivivi

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i always need to go outstation like from KL to JB, or to Penang.. so luckily i have my most satisfied tires so far.. which is michelin ps3.. no problem in going high speed on highway, cornering in high speed is superb, and sensitive braking system!
why race for speed ? no need la..later kena saman .. have to avoid saman ma

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
why race for speed ? no need la..later kena saman .. have to avoid saman ma
Too much thing to be worried. Might as well enjoy the drive.
If want to get worried, there are more things than Summon Tickets alone.

What if the car from opposite fly over to my lane?
What if someone rear ended me when I'm driving?
What if I accidentally rear ended the car in front?
What if the overhead bridge fall on my car when I go pass it?
What if I hit and kill a bird?

Too many What if...just enjoy the drive. :smokin:

Just have to make sure car is in good condition and choose a suitable tyre that can take such beating.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Too much thing to be worried. Might as well enjoy the drive.
If want to get worried, there are more things than Summon Tickets alone.

What if the car from opposite fly over to my lane?
What if someone rear ended me when I'm driving?
What if I accidentally rear ended the car in front?
What if the overhead bridge fall on my car when I go pass it?
What if I hit and kill a bird?

Too many What if...just enjoy the drive. :smokin:

Just have to make sure car is in good condition and choose a suitable tyre that can take such beating.
Too many what if, then stay home......:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well those are the only available specs but yeah maybe below but I think slightly only, still almost comparable. Asymetric tires with the same rating theoretically should have more grip due to bigger outside blocks.
I don't trust Achilles yet though. :D The cheapest tire I still trust so far is GT Radial which maybe will be my next purchase for replacement (but depending on available budget during purchase).

PP2 is also almost the same class I think, asymetric with treadwear also even lower if I'm not mistaken (<300). I used the first PP and very satisifed with it, very good dry & wet grip and quite silent as well.

Well to me D5 is actually pretty good performance tire for the money, maybe only beaten by GT Radial HPY coz that one is cheaper. Dry and wet grip is very good and handling quite predictable. To me the main downsides are a bit noisy and directional pattern hence not easy to rotate.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well those are the only available specs but yeah maybe below but I think slightly only, still almost comparable. Asymetric tires with the same rating theoretically should have more grip due to bigger outside blocks.
I don't trust Achilles yet though. :D The cheapest tire I still trust so far is GT Radial which maybe will be my next purchase for replacement (but depending on available budget during purchase).

PP2 is also almost the same class I think, asymetric with treadwear also even lower if I'm not mistaken (<300). I used the first PP and very satisifed with it, very good dry & wet grip and quite silent as well.

Well to me D5 is actually pretty good performance tire for the money, maybe only beaten by GT Radial HPY coz that one is cheaper. Dry and wet grip is very good and handling quite predictable. To me the main downsides are a bit noisy and directional pattern hence not easy to rotate.
Yes 280 Threadwear. Really like the dry and wet grip. Wanted to try ATR K Economist which is actually RM100 cheaper per piece if compare to PP2. Specs looks and sounds good but just doubt it will be as good as PP2. So, kinda more like "have to try to find out".

Looks like is Symmetrical Pattern.

Since PP2 only have size for Kelisa and no other, worried that it will stop production one day as well. Makes me feel to get it again while they are still producing it. Only try other tyres once they stop producing it :biggrin:

ATR K Sports threadwear don't look good on wet also got feedback best not to exceed 60 when it is raining even the size of the tyre is small but aquaplanning is not good. Well, can't expect to have good aquaplanning with that kind of thread patterns.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, use according to what the tyres are designed for. PP2 pay high price for good performance. You skim RM100 per tyre then don't expect what PP2 can give to you, but what K Economist can offer. Anyway the name speaks for itself "Economist" not "Performist".....hahhahahhaha:biggrin:

Even my friend on his EvoX on extreme tyres drives below 80kph when rain....:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience