Quiet tyres

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694345 said:
Had experience with Hankook RS2 years back, great grip but started minor cracking after 2 years+ usage. Price should not be a problem as I drive pretty less. Just 20k/year and with tyres rotation, could probably last 4years or so.
Among Advan dB, Primacy ST, V551 (or any other quiet comfortable tyres), which has the better wet traction? Not looking for the best wet traction tyres but should not be worse than Goodyear Excellence.
If you want to have better wet grip at least look for tires with traction rating AA.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you want to have better wet grip at least look for tires with traction rating AA.
Or drive slower in the rain.....lol:rofl:

My friend Evo X came with Dunlop SP600 extreme performance tyres. Already bad in the wet, then when half worn was extremely bad. Cannot even drive pass 80kph in rain, so fast fast change to Asy2 then later to PSS....:driver:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Any wet tyres to recommend guys? I don't speed in the rain (averaging 100km/h only if visibility isn't a problem. Just better be safe than sorry. Seriously considering PS4. RM420 without GST.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694431 said:
Any wet tyres to recommend guys? I don't speed in the rain (averaging 100km/h only if visibility isn't a problem. Just better be safe than sorry. Seriously considering PS4. RM420 without GST.
Then go for it, PS4 is the best choice now. But it might not be as quiet as you may expect.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694431 said:
Yup, agree. If can afford PS4 just go ahead......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Got some joker said Yoko Fleva are "truck tyres" in LY.

HAHAHAHAHA! Better don later you get "truck noise" and "truck performance". :biggrin:

Personally I think stick with the safe brands. PS4/Assy3/AdvanDB etc are pretty ok la. DB isn't great in the rain but just slow down la. 80-90 max if I were you. I hated them cuz I couldn't drive like I used to in the rain only. Otherwise they were quite silent (got noise, not impossibly quiet, but quieter than normal) and considering I had them 60 profile on 15" rims they were good. But so damn expensive.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Got some joker said Yoko Fleva are "truck tyres" in LY.

HAHAHAHAHA! Better don later you get "truck noise" and "truck performance". :biggrin:

Personally I think stick with the safe brands. PS4/Assy3/AdvanDB etc are pretty ok la. DB isn't great in the rain but just slow down la. 80-90 max if I were you. I hated them cuz I couldn't drive like I used to in the rain only. Otherwise they were quite silent (got noise, not impossibly quiet, but quieter than normal) and considering I had them 60 profile on 15" rims they were good. But so damn expensive.
Good not cheap mah!......hhahahhaha

Fleva V701 also under Advan category, should not be that bad lah......lol

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Haha truck tyres.
I just got an offer for RE003 @ RM303/pc all in.
Kind of irresistable. Any advice on this? Is the RE003 considered a noisy tyre or average sounding tyre?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694528 said:
Haha truck tyres.
Kind of irresistable. Any advice on this? Is the RE003 considered a noisy tyre or average sounding tyre?
It's a sticky tyre. Sticky tyres are not quiet tyres. Last time i was following a car with RE003 going up Ulu Yam and that car was flinging rocks at my car.

I honestly doubt it'll be quiet.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694528 said:
Haha truck tyres.
In addition to Izso's comment above, this tire also might not be as good in the wet especially as it gets more worn out. You can see the tread pattern has more big rubber blocks with not so much water channels like Michelin PS3/4. Note also the tread wear rating is rather low at 220 only (as opposed to around 300 of the others) hence it will finish off quite fast.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
It's a sticky tyre. Sticky tyres are not quiet tyres. Last time i was following a car with RE003 going up Ulu Yam and that car was flinging rocks at my car.

I honestly doubt it'll be quiet.
Yup, big thread blocks design are usually more noisy, but would like to know how loud will it be? Louder than Michelin PS3? Louder than AD07 (yes, I am THAT old :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)?
Any idea how it fares in the wet? I drive according to speed limit in the wet, but you know, some shit tyres can break traction even with minimal puddle of water.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694533 said:
Yup, big thread blocks design are usually more noisy, but would like to know how loud will it be? Louder than Michelin PS3? Louder than AD07 (yes, I am THAT old :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)?
Any idea how it fares in the wet? I drive according to speed limit in the wet, but you know, some shit tyres can break traction even with minimal puddle of water.
Bro.. I've used AD07. So yes I'm as old as you. :biggrin:

And nothing is noisier than AD07.. nothing. My god my ears. But what grip!

And tbh I've heard the Re003 on a Wira and it seemed ok. But I can't really compare the PS3 cuz my car is a Sylphy running on 17" vs the Wira 15" with thicker profile. And PS3 I'm finding it quite noisy on a Sylphy which is supposedly a quiet car. And I have my sound proofing done for my car for my sound system too.. so you can imagine la.

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694533 said:
Loud level not so sure due to exhaust but one thing for sure, you can hear the pasir or the tar sometime hits the fender on some roads. Quite noticeable amount of sound.

Driving on wet so far for me ok la. Not bad and didn't pull to the side or whatsoever

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Bro.. I've used AD07. So yes I'm as old as you. :biggrin:

And nothing is noisier than AD07.. nothing. My god my ears. But what grip!

And tbh I've heard the Re003 on a Wira and it seemed ok. But I can't really compare the PS3 cuz my car is a Sylphy running on 17" vs the Wira 15" with thicker profile. And PS3 I'm finding it quite noisy on a Sylphy which is supposedly a quiet car. And I have my sound proofing done for my car for my sound system too.. so you can imagine la.
I bit blur....previous on chicken brand rp01, ps3 not sound so loud.
Now on rolix type-c ori, sound louder. Hahaha...
Don ask me what is rolix.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The news of Keiichi Tsuchiya and Daijiro Inada leaving the D1 Series over differences with the D1 Corporation was quite a big blow to drifting but then came the saving grace that the dynamic duo would be starting up their own drift series that spelt some competition for D1 and the promise of more focus on the grassroots was just what the sport needed in its native land as things have descended into a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience