Can Toyota Rav4 2.4 VVTi bolt on turbo?

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
want to ask what the stuff need to bolt on turbo hahaha
1. Turbo (maybe can give me garrett spec info which wont KONG the gearbox or engine hahaha)
2. Intercooler
3. E-manage + ignition stuff
4. Filter( K&N )
5. Spark

any more need to take care of? specially boost level, and what else need to change or add. hahaha
Original 7speed auto +/- gear.

THank You ~

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
sure can,i saw 1 rav 4 put custom bolt on turbo kit in.any turbine can fit ur car depend on ur budget,ballbearing also can.since ur tranny is auto,safe boost is 0.5bar and below bcoz auto tranny cant stand much torque like manual does and dont ever play play will blow ur gearbox.for the engine itself with standard internal i believe can stand up to 1.0 bar,new model engine nowadays built tougher..things u need to get: engine management(unichip,emanage,haltech,motec etc),turbine+wastegate(tdo5 quite nice & simple),intercooler(vary from chop shop to bling2 new product),stainless steel turbo piping custom made+silicone hose to connect,turbo header custom made,exhaust pipe custom,extra injector (maybe boost below 0.4 no need xtra injector,depend on ur tuner),oil cooler(optional),turbo timer,boost meter,boost controller,xtra fan(optional),blowoff valve,braided oil line hose(for turbo oil line from engine to turbine ) ...boost below 0.8 no need to change engine internal,but auto tranny maximum 0.45 to be safe.just my little knowledge,correct me if im wrong tq...

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
thanks for a lot information.... will get more to in detail after i ask the boss(one od the mod car shop in sunway) what turbo to use, what cooler, wastegate, piping and silicone for cooler, exhaust, blow off valve, and more.. i guess it about 5k plus for an basic BOT haha, i will install emanage next month.. that time gonna ask until the boss scratch head hahaha.. because even want to change injector, what injector can install to the engine,, it was 2.4 vvti 2AZ ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, noob to car modding so please forgive any dumb@ss remarks i may make. Thanks.

Driving a standard wira 1.5 manual, just upgraded new sport rims+tyres+GAB hi-lo adj absorbers+stabiliser bars front, back and fenders as well (ouch!) lol. After cny will be fitting in evo front discs. Gotta anti-roll bar plus full assembly but can't fit in coz apparently 1.5 rear lower arms can't drill.

Thing is, the damn car's like super slow and under-powered right now so was thinking of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience