SuperStrut Part III

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
jz now i send my car to change clutch. lower arm gotta take out. i see also pening. my mech also abit pening. :retarded: after reading all the SS thread in the forum. i also scare coz my mech got ketuk ketuk the lower arms to take out and put in. also he use air-gun to fix the lower arm to the crossmember.

which part cannot be ketuk by hammer?

any inputs?

Last edited:

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
another thing is. i notice that this part the rubber already koyak. the strut that fix to the knuckle.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
plus another posting...

may i know what setting is this? soft or hard? i'm using trd 48510-AE081

Really paiseh with all those questions. Still noobie and learning.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
come come. GIMME ur absorber, i try it out thn let u know. whahahahah. im not sifu but basically all the part you put on canot be ketuk. i think u better bring to SS expert to change clutch

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
jz now i send my car to change clutch. lower arm gotta take out. i see also pening. my mech also abit pening. :retarded: after reading all the SS thread in the forum. i also scare coz my mech got ketuk ketuk the lower arms to take out and put in. also he use air-gun to fix the lower arm to the crossmember.

which part cannot be ketuk by hammer?

any inputs?

ok.. for supersturt(SS) problem.. i prefer to do it by myself esspecially buka n pasang .. i try to minimize the hammer on it.. used some special tool to open it....cus ketuk can damaged the joint then later knok knok sound will start from there also ...

basically.. for my info... buka gearbox no need open the lower arm out ( at A B C) i think..problem only when u ned to buka the driveshaft out.....correct me if i wrong... thanks ...

procedure when changing absorber ... cus i just did on 2 days ago myself... spend me 2 hours on it modifying the spring .. damn....

Buka the screw at joint D (unpin it and use 22 size spanar) to buka( here u need minor hammering unless u got tat special special tols la )i dunhav then i hav carefully

... then use rotary gun to open tat 3 screws (2 screw n 1 nut size 17 socket) just beside the joint E & F... then spanar size 19 to open the nut on tat upper arm ball joint and use special tools to seperate this ball joint on the top of the knuckle there which connected to abs....

then ur knuckle n abs will seperate .. then u can easily remove the driveshaft .. then ur gb can buka liaw.. but ur mech sure @#$%^&*()*&^%$#@$% when dealing with this SS again.. cus is very ma fan work....tat y i prefer do it myself ,.,

haha

below got attach some pic for reference like special tools ....

thanks

SS kaki all the best....goodluck

Attachments

Last edited:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
another thing is. i notice that this part the rubber already koyak. the strut that fix to the knuckle.

waoh.. for this rubber is very important la .. u need to repair ASAP.. once it expose with water or dust or sand.. ur ball joint will start kong .. then same thing happend.... those @#$%&().. knok knok sound will start again...

tat y no so many ppl use SS cus by noisy setting.. hahaha... i think u cant get the original rubber back.. just ask ur mech find some equivalent size to modi in..

but i know where can get this ball joint come with rubber n ori nut ... NEW from ori TOYOTA.,,. but the price is FUIIIIIYOOOHHHHHHHYOOHHH>. unbelieveable ... not worth to get it .. haha...

get repair fast before too late..

once again ur mech will pening again when buka SS abs... hahahaha

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
plus another posting...

may i know what setting is this? soft or hard? i'm using trd 48510-AE081

Really paiseh with all those questions. Still noobie and learning.
oh my god.. this is wat i looking for long time for my SS frint abs la.. 4 stage TRD soft hard la.. dreaming only got enuf money for it... haha

actually this is use to adjust level of soft hard...

me also thinking to get 1 .. but dun hav budget... if u dun mind.,. borrow me use 1st lo.. i buka n pasang myself also can.. can gao dim within 1.5 hours by swapping abs.. hahaha

hope this can help u.. cus i also learning this SS thing when i got it.. all sifu here got giv me many idea also..

SS sifu where u all go...

CEO , come in pls

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
wong sifoo, thanks for the advice~!

regarding the part number 43350/43360 (in the picture) koyak rubber that i asked in my last post. how to repair it exactly? change the rubber? :confused_smile: how much ah?

if the rubber putus leh? :retarded: will the knuckle drop from the absorber? ahahahaha. still got lower arm to support. :_:

part number is 43350 and 43360. how much ah?

Last edited:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
me not sifu... tipu got la .......learning about Ss only..

that rubber use to protect ball joint to prevent water n dust or sand goes inside the ball joint n damaged it.. after long time.. it will become rusty n start to kong lo tat ball joint...

remedy:..

1) buy new ball joint come with the rubber .. each cost u 200... it 1 pc RM200 man.. crazy meh.... not worth la .. haha... better find stock chop shop abs to replace it... haha

2) find an equivalent rubber cover . equivalent means the size almost same.. then ask ur mech to modi it.....hahah

3) swapping abs with me lo.. my abs rubber still in very god condition.. but mine is non adjustable woh..ahahahhahahaha.. kidding onlyla

if rubber putus.. ur knuckle wont drop off 1.... this rubber use to protect no connect .. hahhaha

good luck to u bro..fast get it repair pls..

SS kaki good luck again./...dun giv up SS ,,, hahah

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
WAKAKAAKAKAKAKA. bloody khwong

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
settings on your abs .. 1=softest .. 4=hardest

to remove your GB .. need to lower/remove your X member to access some of the screws bolting your GB to your block .. this is the easiest and most cost effective way.. unless u wanna take out the engine with the GB attached together out the top ..

to remove driveshaft alone no need to remove X member ..

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
Last edited:

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
ceo, thanks for the advice. actually i cannot find the white dot also. check check... the white dot is covered with grease ady.. yeap. initial setting was 4. which is damn hard to my liking. changed to 3 now. better.

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
hehehhe.. 4 damn hard. yerp.
im not sure, because many friend said cusco tein is hard. trd not hard. i just wonder, have they tried hardest for trd or not.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
i hope to get 1 TRD adjustable for my SS also bo budget..

sad...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...just wana clarify somethg here...if we r involved in an accident...not our fault but the other party doesnt want to pay for the damages and dare us to make a report...minor collision ... can fix with few hundred bucks...so we went to make a report lor BUT tat asshole didnt report...is it true that we cant claim their insurance? heard this from the callman....well if this is the case...then fcuking unfair la to the innocent party ? pdrm can only issue a summon to them or blacklist...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience