All about SuperStrut.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Elo tan sri dan dato-datin sekalian, calling all SS kakis. It has been more than one month i'm riding my ride with sounds. :mad: "Ngik ngok, krekk krekkk" you name it i got it. Very tulan now.

Everytime i turn my steering OR go through uneven roads even minor one eg. wavey road that goes up and down bunyi la kereta. Also, you actually can feel the sound physically like feel the chassis got metal bar rubbing each other in very painful ways. if you get what i mean. Suspension also i suspect kong ady.

I just got myself a set of SS system to change over my exsisting one. (Thanks to Bro caleb. Really paiseh with him. Will treat you tt or makan next time.) But seriously I do not have confidence for the Northern foreman to fix it. I believe that there's no northern foreman who's familiar with SS. Now I waiting for the right time to go down KL to fix it.

Since SS system is so troublesome and fragile. (I still like it tho :biggrin: ) I hope that I can gather a list of all the SS owner in this forum so that we can share infos and help each others for a better SS ride.

List of SS owners. (I'm listing down those I know got SS, if you don't mind)

1. katopunk
2. foolat
3. khwong
4. normality78
5. levin818
6. QiW
7. nappx
8. 20vturbo

p/s: I will edit this post from time to time.

Last edited:

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Last edited:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
fuh.. nice try katopunk....

but as my info ...... normality78 is not ss kaki......

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
lower arm.
can we fabricate lower arm made of titanium or more durable material than current system? so not easily to spoil and last longer?
specs:
more ringan
more tahan
same relibility as normal

i know the price will be mahal.
but if tahan, more mcphearson members will join this clan!!!! hahhahahha

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
lower arm.
can we fabricate lower arm made of titanium or more durable material than current system? so not easily to spoil and last longer?
specs:
more ringan
more tahan
same relibility as normal

i know the price will be mahal.
but if tahan, more mcphearson members will join this clan!!!! hahhahahha
SS sifu..

u got lubang ar... how much the price range...

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
may i know where you guys send your SS system to fixed and repair? most prolly i'm coming to KL on early Dec for fix.

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
katopunk...will ask around for you here in Simpang Ampat....

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
orite, bro burnner thanks. will keep in contact with you.

bro KHWONG, last time i saw your thread about DIY put grease in to SS nipple? i don't exactly understand the whole thing. you use syringe to pump grease inside? how you get the grease to go into the balljoint?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
ermmmm.. very simple n easy process.....

just drill a small holes at the bottom on each ball joint... tapped thread on it and screw a grease nipple on it... then use grease pump to push inside the ball joint..

please beware when u do drilling work.. worry damaged the ball joint also.. need be very carefully...

thanks

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
come down this 1st Dec evening, I bring you to my brother's workshop...had told him, and he is ok to have a look 1st at you SS.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
ermmmm.. very simple n easy process.....

just drill a small holes at the bottom on each ball joint... tapped thread on it and screw a grease nipple on it... then use grease pump to push inside the ball joint..

please beware when u do drilling work.. worry damaged the ball joint also.. need be very carefully...

thanks
hmmm... still :hmmmm: drill small hole at the balljoint. which means the grease nipple will be permanent there ady la... anytime we want to lubricate the balljoint we can do it thru the nipple? right?

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
punk...yes you are right....the nipple will be there to make you easy to grease them whenever you like...

anyhow, 1st Dec we will know what is the root cause la....have to sabar 1 more week.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
i heard if the ball joint can be kept frm kena water or oil grease kind of thing, shld be able to last. again i dunno.

side track abit. whahahaha

Selling super strut wif trd spring ,koni modded to adj the stiffness(front & back) wif two pot brake ,dba rotos(F&R) , steel brake hose, project mu pads 70% above and levin gts anti roll bar for rear (a lot thicker than stock)

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
ermm.. how about bushings? can it be simply changed in any workshop?

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
hello! otai otai sekalian...

May i know which workshop or mech in KL familiar/pro with SuperStrut system installation and modification? because i'm going to kl this coming wednesday. wanna go fix. tank you tank you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifus!
Is n/a car can put an oil cooler?have any different after putting it?wat's is the benefit putting it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience