Blacktop perform shit after install trumpet

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear all sifus and forumers.

Have a problem here. Actually asking on behalf of a friend. He recently did a full rebuild on this blacktop. Power is phenomenal while using a simota stainless steel open pod. Recently, he changed his set up to using trumpets filtered by socks.

To my surprise, the engine feels sluggish and doesn't pull much anymore. We tried revving it all the way to 8k rpm but even at high rpms, the pull is not there anymore. Where have we gone wrong and how do we solve this? Could it be the measurements of the trumpets? What is the ideal diameter and length of the trumpets for blacktop??? :banghead:

Hope to get your advice here :bawling:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
longer trumpet (100-110mm) will improve low rpm torque..

shorter trumpet (35-50mm) will improve high rpm power..

i'm using 50mm trumpet with toms plenum & HKS air filter :top:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
my logic...with open trumpet you need to direct more fresh air...need to pair it with CAI...

stock intake plenum direct more fresh air compared to open trumpet setup...

and did you reset the ECU after installing...let the ecu relearn and recalibrate itself...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
and u need a CAI from ur front bumper to your trumpet if u don't wanna use plenum..

:biggrin:

plank

Known Member
Jun 10, 2009
IPOH- SETIAWAN
my engine using DIY cnc machine trumpet, size 55mm height 50mm inner diameter.... rpm raise quickly than using plenum box... 4th gear can rev until 7.5krpm very steady

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thank you for the info guys... Oh ya... We were using the cheapo JASMA trumpets. Quite short and stubby. Will advise him to try 100 mm ones and direct some cold fresh air to the trumpets.

But then again, when he was using the simota stainless steel filter, there wasn't cold air intake. It was just hot air intake form the engine bay. I advised him against using that. But to my surprise, the car pulls really well at that time. So considering that we are using trumpet now without fresh air, how come the performance drop so much?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Thank you for the info guys... Oh ya... We were using the cheapo JASMA trumpets. Quite short and stubby. Will advise him to try 100 mm ones and direct some cold fresh air to the trumpets.

But then again, when he was using the simota stainless steel filter, there wasn't cold air intake. It was just hot air intake form the engine bay. I advised him against using that. But to my surprise, the car pulls really well at that time. So considering that we are using trumpet now without fresh air, how come the performance drop so much?
better take a pic of his engine bay.. only then we can see what's wrong with it :wink:

hopefully :biggrin:

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
try taking out the "socks"... might cause air restrictions during high-rev.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
want to trouble shooooot problem or wanna see people engine bay..
best setup for stock engine...maintain the stock air box, shot trumpet inside, drop in filter plus cai

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
best setup for stock engine...maintain the stock air box, shot trumpet inside, drop in filter plus cai
of coz la wanna see.. hehe..

how to solve problem without looking at it?

picture is worth a thousand words :wink:

and also wanna copy interesting mods :biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
of coz la wanna see.. hehe..

how to solve problem without looking at it?

picture is worth a thousand words :wink:

and also wanna copy interesting mods :biggrin:
HAha... nothing la the engine bay... Not like yours for TOMS intake. All stock. Just rebuilt and already break in. Past 1.5k km already.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

try taking out the "socks"... might cause air restrictions during high-rev.
Thank you I try to fix back the plenum and use air filter then. Without socks seems a bit cruel for daily driving.

you need this one to perform better..ha ha ha

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-20v-ecu-chipped-by-blitz.html#post1064082602

open trumpet with stock cam...feel sluggish..no power..high fuel consumption... not much can help lah..it normal..
Thank you... I try to poison him see successful or not :D

Yeah I always ask him to keep things stock unless he upgrade cams but he never listen. But got plans for cams in the future.

from my experience jasma trumpets doesnt quite match bt itb...its slightly smaller...try and measure it..

can read more about it over here

SQ Engineering - Articles - Intake tuning

got calculator some more... :P

toda measurement also interesting... as seen here...

TODA RACING - Sport Injection
Thanks for the info!!!!

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
can't use stokin only bro..that can cause angin lebih....that can cause to looose power of your engine bro..................must use plenum and air filter...........

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I hope all members know what am i talking about because it is the security that we need as a prevention of losing our cars!!!

Okay.. Here are the ways of it

1)steering lock
2)gear box lock
3)brake lock
4)clutch lock
5)Front bonet lock (Prevention of theif opening front bonet + kills alarm)
6)Armed swtich (Manual...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience