Cleaning ISCV 4age blacktop

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi guys,

I have an idling issue where the car might idle rough and die when engine has been warm up.
I have checked the hose and there is no vacuum leak. I am now suspecting the ISCV is dirty.

Anybody clean the ISCV before? What is the price usually? Don't want to get chopped alive.
Any workshop in penang/kedah that is able to do the job for me?

Engine is 4age 20valve blacktop on an AE101.

Thanks!

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
can be done DIY style...try DIY with a carb cleaner...its easy to do unless your iscv jammed and need to be dismantle...

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
How do I diy? The two hose are hard to reach. Do I have to open the throttle body?

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hi, possible vacuum leak from old worn cracked vacuum hoses, recommend replace all, cheap!!! choose your favorite colors.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi acoustic, I have checked all the hoses and found no cracks and hardening. Just 1 hose a bit worn out at the tip (crack, but it won't cause any vacuum leak.). Anyway glad to report that I have managed to fix my problem by cleaning the ISCV myself (finally). Drove for two hours and idling is consistent. Word of advice, don't buy cheap tools from tesco.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Well done. I had mine cleaned with carbon remover.

Another happy running 4age.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone did this before?

The meter panel in my car is green in colour, i know how to change the bulb. Let's say if i put a blue bulb, what will the outcome be? Coz the panel itself is already green .... advise from sifu is needed ! Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience