wat the function of 20v ISCV?

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
is posibble if no use ISCV on 20v? i try to unplug ISCV soket today,i found my idling ( 1200-1500rpm) my car got bad idling like wat i mention on here...tukar this that oso cant solve problem:banghead:
question is can car run without ISCV??

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
iscv=air flow sensor, its?? if yes change wiring n ecu...problem soft.....last time when im drove silvertop....when back to hometown.....i dismantle the whole unit just want to clean the sensor.....Y....bcos my idling up n down....mech said bcos of this air flow sensor.....

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

oh.....lumpa to tell....by the same time buang iscv.....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ISCV = Idle Speed Control Valve

how do u control idle speed without a control valve? :biggrin:

if dirty, clean it using carb cleaner

if faulty, replace it

i don't know what will happen if u didn't use it

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
it's above ur gbox near ur intake plenum

it is like its name an idle speed control valve. the engine use this to suck air when idling.

here's a pic of it without its wiring

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
iscv is an critical component to control the idle/engine speed...especially during or when there is engine load like when you turn on the aircond...

if you remove it...be prepare to control your engine speed with your right foot all the time every time...

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my engine bt 6speed, when morning after warmup, if din switch on aircon, idling just smove.....open aircon, sometime engine mati on the spot

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
my engine bt 6speed, when morning after warmup, if din switch on aircon, idling just smove.....open aircon, sometime engine mati on the spot
check ur FICD (some people call it VSV)

i've replace mine b4

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
BT don't have FICD. But some ppl like to add one to assist the idling when the A/C kick in.
However stock design is capable to handle the A/C load so if you have idling problem please look into the root cause.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
BT don't have FICD. But some ppl like to add one to assist the idling when the A/C kick in.
However stock design is capable to handle the A/C load so if you have idling problem please look into the root cause.
Serious? I didn't notice :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

I think ISCV works more or less like the FICD

The only difference is ISCV sucks air all d way

& FICD like on/off the suction

Any1 can confirm this?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
how to know if ISCV is faulty or not functioning well.??.
if your iscv kaput...your engine idling will be all over the place...

when cold start...usually engine speed will be around 1k - 1.5k then drop to 900 - 1k a while...if it stay stay there at 1.5k then you need to inspect further...another thing that it also noticeable when there is engine load (aircond on) it will drop too much...worst case it will stall the engine...

there a guide how to check iscv operation in the service manual...but i'm to lazy to retype it here... :burnout:

ok...here how you do it...(this is not complete test/diagnostic but enough pinpoint whether your iscv function properly or just dirty/clogged)

1.warm up engine until normal operating temperature (have to set the idle speed correctly prior doing this and transmission is at neutral).
2.short te1 and e1 at the check connector and your engine idle will drop to 800 - 900 (depends on individual engine)
3.rev the engine 1k - 1.5k for 5 seconds and let go of the throttle...

if it drop down to 800 - 900 rpm...your iscv works just fine...
if it took a while before dropping down after throttle off...probably your iscv is clogged/gummed up/stuck...and might need some cleaning
if it does not drop and stay at 1.5k...then you should diagnose further...

reference bt service manual under "electronic fuel injection" subsection "iscv"...

hope this help...

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if your iscv kaput...your engine idling will be all over the place...

when cold start...usually engine speed will be around 1k - 1.5k then drop to 900 - 1k a while...if it stay stay there at 1.5k then you need to inspect further...another thing that it also noticeable when there is engine load (aircond on) it will drop too much...worst case it will stall the engine...

there a guide how to check iscv operation in the service manual...but i'm to lazy to retype it here... :burnout:

ok...here how you do it...(this is not complete test/diagnostic but enough pinpoint whether your iscv function properly or just dirty/clogged)

1.warm up engine until normal operating temperature (have to set the idle speed correctly prior doing this and transmission is at neutral).
2.short te1 and e1 at the check connector and your engine idle will drop to 800 - 900 (depends on individual engine)
3.rev the engine 1k - 1.5k for 5 seconds and let go of the throttle...

if it drop down to 800 - 900 rpm...your iscv works just fine...
if it took a while before dropping down after throttle off...probably your iscv is clogged/gummed up/stuck...and might need some cleaning
if it does not drop and stay at 1.5k...then you should diagnose further...

reference bt service manual under "electronic fuel injection" subsection "iscv"...

hope this help...

can use for silvertop too? :confused:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
not sure about that man...you can try since it doesnt involve dismantling anything...just warm up the engine and short 2 point at the check connector (never see ST one,if it the same as BT one maybe its use the same procedure)... perhaps other expert can shed some light...paging sifu levin 818

ps://forgot to mention above to turn off anything electrical when doing the diagnostic...light, radio, aircond etc all needs to be turned off...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this car was park at kota dmnsara area
no tyre & rim,they just put batu bata
gsr engine
no interior
matt black colour

if your car/your fren missing this car call me 013 272 5534
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience