Half-Size water radiator 4AG enough cooling?

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi, gentlemen, boys and any girls here?

Half-Size water radiator 4AG enough cooling? won't overheat? Especially true if supplemented by engine_oil_cooler.

Has anyone tried? hope someone can share experience. I wanna do it next time,

reduce weight means go faster :) xi xi,
also better fuel economy $$$ happy.
engine bay not so hot???
put on left side to off-set corner-weight better??? but water piping extra long, unless keep right side.
less water less weight benefit again :)

engine_oil_cooler added back the weight :( those heavy duty high pressure hydraulic pipes dam heavy!!!

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
just my POV bro.. not worth it at all. how much weight can u save?
furthermore cooling is something that u shouldnt mess with especially in hot humid weather + mostly jams.
u might end up by the side of the road waiting for the engine to cool down.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Try DENSO new radiator. I read its size reduce by 30% but efficiency increase thus overall cooling capability remain.
The intention is weight reduction, in line with what you are looking for.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Actually honda b series already using half size radiator, look at b16 and b18 series. Another problem should be, if the radiator size is decreased there will be increase in pressure in the system.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
let say the whole cooling system use 5 liter of water...a liter equals to 1 kg in weight...even if you slash that in half...then its just a 2.5 kg of weight reduction..plus the radiator weight and all...my best guest it would be around 5kg min to 10 kg max...

if for the sake of weight reduction vs cooling...better off removing the spare tire,those rear bonnet board or speaker board...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I'm 173cm, 63kg+/-2kg, ok lah, give me a break....

btw the deal of hiding 3 items was reasonable and managable costs, at an old klang road workshop right? when he free to take my job/project? don't want to wait lah.

Drop you body weight :biggrin:
After all, it makes you looks better

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i have seen many boosted 4ag engines running aluminium half sized radiators. they work well. but the only reason they would go half size is to save space for the turbo manifold. my suggestion is if u dont need the space remain with the regular ones. do take note some of the half size ones run up to 3 core so the weight is probably gonna be the same.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help.....my turbo mode does not work.....it work one time at 1 minutes when a shutdowen my car...after i go in option and i set to 3 minutes before the car shutdown....but does not shutdown...im not able to go back il 1 minutes setting...so nothing work at this time ...help me ...thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience