Will fuel pump use as water pump?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Can the fuel pump use as water pump? Can it work?Anyone had try before?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Mechanical operation vs Electric operation
Sorry I not use to replace the OEM water pump, but is for other purpose. I think to self made water intercooler sprayer, I can't find a decent water pump. So thinking of using fuel pump. BTW the fuel pump that i try before, it able to pump water as well. But problem is can it tahan?

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Sorry I not use to replace the OEM water pump, but is for other purpose. I think to self made water intercooler sprayer, I can't find a decent water pump. So thinking of using fuel pump. BTW the fuel pump that i try before, it able to pump water as well. But problem is can it tahan?

I try this to test the pressure. I was very young back then, love DIY.

What i did,
- bought a used 4G93T GSR fuel pump from chop shop
- 12v Energizer battery

Went to my swimming pool, and connect the +ve & -ve together and pump the water. It work as per 12v's power. Later then, i keep the pump back to my storeroom and, 1 week later fully rusted. The whole pump, just end up in rubbish bin.

Stupid ain't I? The pool got oil stain (runaway and act don't know who do), the pump rusted because of the water which contain dunno what the heck mineral that promote rust.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Last edited:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
TRd.ae92,
u already hv a very good cooling spray.. the only thing to chg maybe is the nozzle head,
try to find those that spray misty type one.
i mean like those use in high-end car (camry? accord?),
their spray came out at wider coverage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Test drive a Kia and you could win tickets for this summer’s biggest footballing event, EURO 2012.

<!--more--> The most highly anticipated road show of the year, Naza Kia Malaysia’s Test Drive Kia On Tour, is back and this time around participants will stand a chance to win a trip to Ukraine in June to catch a EURO 2012 match.

“Last year, visitors at our Test Drive Kia On Tour road shows stood a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience