Blacktop perform shit after install trumpet

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
more theories..

ur trumpet is facing the firewall..therefore, air need to make a U-turn to get into the engine..

if u have something to help the air make U-turn, that would greatly help increase power :wink:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
was the engine retuned after installing the trumpets?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cut open massive hole at the hood..then put scoop like supercharged v8 muscle car.... :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
WOW.. that would work :biggrin:

just make sure rain water doesn't get into d engine :wink:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
more theories..

ur trumpet is facing the firewall..therefore, air need to make a U-turn to get into the engine..

if u have something to help the air make U-turn, that would greatly help increase power :wink:
Yeah thought of asking him to make something like a intercooler hood but it is actually to channel fresh air in.

was the engine retuned after installing the trumpets?
No retune. No more using piggyback. Last time got emanage but a lot of problem when using. Maybe can't find good tuner around here kot. He sold it and now using stock ecu.

Then u need this setup...
HAhahaha... that is like extreme engineering man....

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
Veloc, if u never try taking out the "socks" then u'll never know what exactly is the issue. if and IF the performance is back (ask your friend to try it out first), then u know what's the culprit. From there, slowly troubleshoot and think of a solution. u don't have to use trumpets without socks as a long term solution but so far 2 years i'm using open trumpet with emanage, i'm satisfied with it. :)
cams on the way from US too...

happy troubleshooting!

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I think the problem lies with stock cams+no management. Trumpets definitely warrant some sort of engine management, piggyback or standalone.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Veloc,
I faced the same issue. I initially bought Jasma Trumpets, after 30 mins test drive, i took it out immediately. I got lucky and sold it off at a good price that time. It kills both low and high end power and I don't know why.

Now I'm using Tom's trumpet. It's just amazing. Stock ECU, no piggyback, l got back all i want, power, and increased harmonious sound. I think we have to agree that you get what you paid for. Tom's trumpet aint cheap, but definitely worth it. I never regret it ever since I bought the Tom's trumpet.

No doubt if u add a piggyback and get precise tuning, u'll get some serious performance, that's my next plan.. hehehe

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
as far i know tom's never produce for blacktop, for svt yes and come with complete plenum.
what i know some of creative people take opportunity to copy toms style and said for blacktop...or maybe used svt throattle body.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc,
I faced the same issue. I initially bought Jasma Trumpets, after 30 mins test drive, i took it out immediately. I got lucky and sold it off at a good price that time. It kills both low and high end power and I don't know why.

Now I'm using Tom's trumpet. It's just amazing. Stock ECU, no piggyback, l got back all i want, power, and increased harmonious sound. I think we have to agree that you get what you paid for. Tom's trumpet aint cheap, but definitely worth it. I never regret it ever since I bought the Tom's trumpet.

No doubt if u add a piggyback and get precise tuning, u'll get some serious performance, that's my next plan.. hehehe
Thanks bro that is very comforting... Will try to source for good proper brand trumpets... :adore:

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
as far i know tom's never produce for blacktop, for svt yes and come with complete plenum.
what i know some of creative people take opportunity to copy toms style and said for blacktop...or maybe used svt throattle body.
u mite be rite, or perhaps tom's do produce for blacktop, we are not sure ourselves. But no matter what they do (may it be real or copy), it's no longer a big issue if it performs well for our engine. It was tested and proven by a forumer on dyno machine, i don't think machines will lie to end users.
As long as what they produce performs, i don't mind paying for it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, im just wonderin which muffler is the best for an auto tranny car with turbo. Semi flow or Straight flow? I know the general rule:
- Semi is better for AT cos of backpressure & pick up (low end)
- Straight is better for MT & high RPM (top end)
But it becomes a bit more complicated (at least for me) to figure out the best setup for AT turbo. I read here - What is the best Muffler for Turbo ?? - SR20...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience