Shall i total loss my car?

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
Hi all. need some inputs from u guys here. my toyota seg 92' has involved in a serious accident where the front part crashed to the center divider. according to the workshop guy experience he said insurance adjuster will total the car as the repair cost is too high to cover. what should i do? the car is 1.3 chassis with 4age bt 6spd.... its my beloved car....but with current condition i just worried even though it can be had chance to fix back but i would not have confidence on it anymore as the chassis might not in good and safe shape already... please advise...TQ

Attachments

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
if chassis badly damaged, better consider total loss. car can be replaced, but life?
just my opinion :smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sorry about your car bro, just glad that you're at least safe. Seems bad bro. That's gonna be costly...
Is your call bro. If you dont have the same passion and love for it anymore, repairing is meaningless.

Get another stock SEG but save some usable parts from your current SEG like the engine and etcs?
Is like changing a new chassis :smile:

Just my suggestion.

Depends on your budget though.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can look at this point as time for new upgrades :smile:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro of course please total loss it in that case. But I guess, whether. total loss or not, it is the insurance's jurisdiction right? Anyways from what you described, it really sounds like it will be totalled. For me, even if they say it can be fixed, I will try my best to total the car. Maybe crash it another time. But that is a young and stupid thing to do. Don't think like me please.

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sorry to say this, but better to write it off bro. even if do back, the car will not be the same.

if you still wanna continue the 20v project then it's better to get another chassis and transfer what's salvageable.

it's heartbreaking, i know. my car was also written off recently. but shit happens and sometimes we just gotta accept it and move on.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro of course please total loss it in that case. But I guess, whether. total loss or not, it is the insurance's jurisdiction right? Anyways from what you described, it really sounds like it will be totalled. For me, even if they say it can be fixed, I will try my best to total the car. Maybe crash it another time. But that is a young and stupid thing to do. Don't think like me please.
Yup, up to the Insurance. If total repair cost higher then insured amount they will total loss and pay the sum insured only.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
not that severe if look from picture....

but only upon closer inspection of engine block condition (pecah or not) then easier to decide....

again from picture can't see any crack on windscreen....most likely no total-lost declaration...just change front nose cut.....

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
guys thanks for those valuable advises and it seems all suggest to write it off.... at the moment i also have the same thought but it still depends on the insurance right? ......i will see how then....TQVM:)

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
would say it's a 90% verdict will go to total lost, passion & sentimental value should come 2nd, alwez safety first. furthermore, "she" needs to retire edi + all other accessories can go to someone else that really need them from half cut, u might make someone happy from it:biggrin:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Sorry about your car bro, just glad that you're at least safe. Seems bad bro. That's gonna be costly...
Is your call bro. If you dont have the same passion and love for it anymore, repairing is meaningless.

Get another stock SEG but save some usable parts from your current SEG like the engine and etcs?
Is like changing a new chassis :smile:

Just my suggestion.

Depends on your budget though.
Agree with you.better than repaired.at least you get a good chassis.repair wont guarantee you will get a good as before.better be safety for future bro.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since this is a 1.3, the car is probably worth give or take 8k and insurance will only pay 80% at most. Meaning about RM6400 at most.

If you can find a donor front end (a complete front half cut) and find a skilled mechanic to weld the front chassis to the car, it should be able to successfully pass JPJ/Puspakom (I've seen Evo3 front on a Satria which passed Puspakom) provided the mechs work is top notch. But considering how expensive a 4AGE front cut is, it's probably going to be as much as your cars claims worth.

If you're passionate about your car - pay the money.

If you have no money and is passionate about your car - get to grips and give up the car.

If you have no money and can't really look at the car anymore without consciously thinking about the accident - give up the car and use it for downpayment for another car.

If you don't give a damn - take your money and buy another car.

But whatever you do salvage whatever you can before you do anything with the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is something else. If you didn't already know, during the recent HKS Premium Day themed TIMETOATTACK 2015 Final Round at Sepang Circuit in October last year, we flew in the extremely exclusive HKS GT-1000+ GTR that is rated at over 1100hp, along with legendary driver Nobuteru Taniguchi.

It was the car's first ever appearance this side of the world outside Tokyo and Sydney.
Please enjoy the rest of the story. It'll probably give you goose bumps just like i experienced when I first lay...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience