Spraying Engine Cam Cover

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
Soulfly: I use Arrow Metallic Paint. RM8.50 at hardware shop. I spray over 5 times of coating. I wonder will it withstand the high temp. My fingers crossed!

p/s : advice for those who wanna paint their valve cover. Please get a new gasket seal for the valve cover and the spark plug rings. Also you'll need some silicon to glue the corners of the gasket. This is to prevent oil leaking at high revs.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by simplythebest@Mar 21 2004, 11:26 PM
Can I spray my current 1.3 one? just to make it nicer .. there are many stubborn stains on it :( ..
why not ?

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
nd4ever...

haha taikor.. i dun think at the half cut shop ler.. i think is at where i did my piping.. =p muahaha...

err.. yeah change adi.. garang and fast? haih.. =p if can i happy liao.. hehe.. but then i know ur car going to be garang and fast ler.. hehe..

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Oit, i've sold my car moons ago edi. Now driving a stock standard Sentra lar! :) How fast & garang would a 1.8 GXE be? Moreover, it's an automatic. <_<

khaixtreme

Known Member
Mar 28, 2004
can i choose not to remove the cover... ??? have to get new seal and stuff very mafhan la.... and i found out that my screws on my cover are not tight.... can even twist with finger... izit alrite?? they purposely make it likt that or wat??

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
REMOVING THE CAM WOULD BE A TOUGH JOB OR JUST SIMPLE STUFF...
TEACH ME~@@@ ;)

3's

Nov 18, 2003
great job with the paint jobs. I was just wondering if i would want the wordings on the cover in a different color..wat can i do?mask the cover n leave the wordings??itll be such a hassle dont u think?.Any better solutions??? thankz

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
can anyone post the step by step removing the cover from engine?

need to buy new gasket after that?

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
how to post step by step? different engine got different srews and bolts wo.. what engine u are having? Usually most rocker cover can be removed by the following steps.

1. Remove spark-plug cables from the cam cover.
2. Remove timing belt cover.
3. Unscrew all bolts and nuts u can see on the rocker/cam cover. With slight force.. u should be able to lift the cover once all bolts are unscrewed.
4. if u successfully removed yo rocker/cam cover u should be able to see the rubber gasket.. if the gasket seems soft and has no crack.. means in good condition. If got crack.. it must be replaced.
5. Clean the cam cover with petrol.. before spraying.
6. Remove old silicone layer.
7. Install back once cam cover is dry just like how u took it off. And.. dun forget to reapply silicone glue before reinstalling.

Parts needed
1. 10mm spanar
2. Silicone glue
3. Petrol - RM1 enuf already
4. Painting Brush Hard type brush.. ( to clean the cam cover 1 lah )
5. Color Spray of your choice - spray more coats lor.. looks better. -refer to spraying techniques.
6. New gasket - if ur current one rosak or not in good condition la..

ermm.. hope dat helps..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, just got an 84-85 Prelude. Its got a sunroof but can't seem to get it open. I've been doing a lot of work on the car on my own but I don't feel confident enough to remove the headlining and tackle the roof.

Does anyone here know anyone who repairs sunroofs? I know its quite a big job as the motor might be dead or something inside the headlining is broken but I really want this thing to work. :)

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience