Spraying Engine Cam Cover

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
can anyone teach me how to spray the engine cam cover?

need to remove it from engine before spray?

need to peel off the original coating before spraying? <_<

3gciviczc

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Kajang;Selangor
Visit site
for easy access, u do need to remove the cam cover from ur car. All u need to get is a can oaint striper from any hardware shop, a bottle of high-temp spray can and at least 2 color spray cans to ur liking. Did to my cover oredi, start in themorning ready to use by evening. oh, u will also need a tube of gasket sealeant when u are fixing back the cover, just in case oil leaks out. Depends how long oredi the gasket has been used.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by monster111@Mar 18 2004, 06:24 PM
can anyone teach me how to spray the engine cam cover?

need to remove it from engine before spray?

need to peel off the original coating before spraying? <_<

1. remove the rocket cover from engine
2. masuk you there is NO oil on the surface, you can clean it by kerozine.
3. Used No.1000 sandy paper to sandy the surface.
4. Get a can or 2 HEAT Resistance paint. Each should cost around RM25-35
5. Make sure you do it in sunny day

Good luck.

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
well I helped my friend on spraying his valve cover last week.....and its a sucess...it looked great....i personally had experience on spraying computer cases so it did helped my friend on spraying his valve cover...

so here is a rough step by step guide on how to spray it....hope it helps u....

1. Take out the valve cover from ur engine...

2. Dip it into gasoline or kerosine or spirit or turpentine to remove all grease or tough dirty stains...use a paint brush or sumthin to clean it thoroughly...

3. Use any high grit sandpaper ex. 600 grit sandpaper to sand the surface along with soapy water...not necessary to strip all the paint but to sand the surface to be as flat as possible and lastly use soap water to wash the valve cover till there is no oil...

4. Dry the valve cover fully under the sun...make sure there is no water or oil on the surface before painting...

5. Spray the surface with high temp resistance spray paint which usually comes in flat black which cost around RM 16 ~ RM 19 per can...a layer is enough....dun spray too thick as u will be having problems drying the paint....

6. If u c any bubbles or defects on the high temp paint....use the sandpaper and sand off the bubbles or defects with soap water.....n dry it...

7. Before spraying the coloured paint...spray a layer of white to act as undercoat so that the coloured paint will easily been seen as in outstanding and true colour esspecially light coloured paints....

8. Spray the colour paint according to ur liking to the valve cover after the white undecoat has dried completely....spray it in thin layers....2 layers is sufficient....put it under the sun to dry it completely...

9. After the paint is totally dried and u can spray a layer of clear coat or varnish to protect the paint....let the paint cure or settle about 24 hours before handling the valve cover for the best results of not spoiling the paint job....

here is the sample pic of the valve cover i sprayed for my friend....good luck trying

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Whoah anion! Damn nice la the valve cover! Who's engine is that? If i'm not mistaken.... that's either a 4G61 or 4G63 valve cover rite? :unsure: :blink: :ph34r:

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
WHOa~!!!
cunted man.. nice work anion.. feek like wana spray my stock engine cover also ler.. =p hehe..
:D

nd_4ever...
that cover looks familiar.. :rolleyes: i wonder where i saw it... :P

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
that high temp paint is black in color one or can choose color?

after that use the normal paint can izzit?

thanks for the reply :)

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Whoah anion! Damn nice la the valve cover! Who's engine is that? If i'm not mistaken.... that's either a 4G61 or 4G63 valve cover rite?
eh andy....u noe i noe la...dun force me burst the bubble arr...ehehehe

WHOa~!!!
cunted man.. nice work anion.. feek like wana spray my stock engine cover also ler.. =p hehe..

nd_4ever...
that cover looks familiar.. i wonder where i saw it...
ahahaha kenneth...u noe it edi can edi la...no need tell out wan ma.....

that high temp paint is black in color one or can choose color?

after that use the normal paint can izzit?

thanks for the reply
high temp paint usually comes in flat black or grey colour onli....after dat use any normal colours oso can....

any easy suggestion how to protect the emblems or word on the head cover from get painted? or paint first then use sandpaper to remove paint on the wordings?
the easy way is to paint the whole thing onli use sandpaper sand off the wordings...the hard way is to use masking tape to mask the wordings before spraying....

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
anion..?
hehe.. i didnt tell also.. =p i just telling nd_4ever that the cover looks familiar only.. hehe maybe saw at some work shop.. hehe.. =p

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hey Kenneth, u saw the valve cover kat those chop shops izzit? Hahahahahaha..... btw, i heard that u bought new muffler edi rite?

I also heard that ur car sounds very garang & it's super fast la bai!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all sifu out there... pls guide me... i got a HID set 8000k... i installed it in my proton wira... It works... but de problem is the light on de driver side is brighter than passenger side... but when i install de HID into kancil, there is no problem.. Then i installed it into my fren's wira.. same thing happened.. driver side brighter, passenger side dimmer... WHY IS TIS HAPPENING????!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience