Spraying engine cover (D.I.Y)

crocky

Known Member
Mar 12, 2005
JB
Bro sifu,

I'm planning to paint my engine cover. DIY cos tight budget. Is there any special spray that I should use (considering the heat that it'll be exposed to)..

Btw, how much the workshop painting charges for this spray eh?

Thanks for reply!

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by crocky@Apr 7 2005, 00:20
Bro sifu,

I'm planning to paint my engine cover. DIY cos tight budget. Is there any special spray that I should use (considering the heat that it'll be exposed to)..

Btw, how much the workshop painting charges for this spray eh?

Thanks for reply!
[snapback]875189[/snapback]​
Try look at ACE Hardware (Mid Valley or Ikano Power Centre). High temp spray paint. Cheers

aEROz

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Humm....

A few weeks back I took off mine and went and sprayed it with rm5 blue paints and another layer of rm5 gloss paint. It looks kinda ugly, most probably because the colour looks like a gayish blue. I'll learn not to do things like this at night anymore. The colour on the ceramic cam cover didnt fade, even though the paint looks like it's not sticking (surface not too smooth and clean at time of spray).

Anyways, I think I didn't screw it to a specific torque and most importantly, after taking off the cover I didn't apply any grease/gums/stickey stuff onto the sides of the cover to prevent leakage of engine oil. My engine oil level after about 3 weeks is just slightly above the 'L' level.

I'll be taking it apart again soon. It's going to involve taking off the intercooler pipes, throttle cable, throttle body, bov. Haih, so much work for something no one else sees. hehe.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
send to car painting workshop.

did mine, rm20 only. lasted a year already, no problems.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

am looking for new suspension set for Sentra N16 (fitted with stock suspension). any good recommendations? i'm considering some but not sure good or not;-

- nismo S-Tune (from Tan Chong)
- GAB with AVCS
- Eibach (pro-damper and pro-kit)

Cheers!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience