Sport car for fresh grads

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
pwhyze... One of my good fren in car line... N he saw my current car n tell me I MUST get it...
First i went alone to see it... Like I said, love at first sight, ppl might say y not go for E8 n above for the 6speed gb... But mine edi comes wif 6speed n a few upgrades... So y not??? All I wan in an evo is there...
Then loan approved, upon confirming to put booking, I got my mechanic to inspect the car... Major concern is chassis... Mech gave green light, so I went ahead....
Ok... As for car price... It's 100k OTR... I put 30k as d/payment n took loan for 70,000 for 7yrs... Yea, I'm lucky to get loan for 7yrs for a 11yrs old car... Dealer oso keep tellin at most 5yrs... But I'm only comfortable with the mthly payment for 7yrs... Of course the price I pay is higher interest rate la... At 5.5% p.a....
Hope this answer ur question.... But I do suggest u to go for E8 n above.... Lower d/payment, easier to get loan n can drag longer...

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Danz... U sked ppl rob u izzit??? Always say u only earn 800/mth... Like dat only make ppl suspect u more lo... Wahahaa

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
hi there. i plan 2 trade in toyota altis 4 used toyota MR2. i like 2 know is it good idea 2 do so after only 1 month working? last night, i was having discussion with my friend who already owned toyota sera sports car. he bought the car by trading in his old junk wira for less than 7k with balance paid with his entire savings. he got it in the end for 60k 2 years later without using his earned money. so i was very wowed by his achievements. he still surviving comfortably now after buying the sports car. then he encourage me 2 sell off my altis faster to get second hand sports car just bcoz i got more advantage 2 get one without the need 2 empty all my savings account. he keep on stressing "we only lived once so we must enjoy out lives gao gao". i was like "WOW dam good idea indeed" n i plan 2 do survey market soon.

after finish meeting up, i quickly search MUDAH n i found the best deal ever for the MR2. Toyota MR2 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my b4 this, i have found 4 choices that is MR2, S13, 180SX n celica 5th/6th generation n i choose MR2 bcoz it is unique with engine behind. so i like 2 ask 4 your pro opinions here on how much is the maintenance, is it possible 2 drive this car every day n how is the fuel consumption going 2 b. thanks 4 the inputs. b4 i 4got, i need 2 tell u my altis model is 1.8G made in year 2005 with auto transmission. i m offering 2 sell it for 68k n if its 2 high, i m willing 2 lower it down 2 the right price.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
If I remember correctly there are some MR2 users here who are driving it for daily use, but being said of your location as in your profile, my personal opinion is get it for a weekend drive instead for a 300whp car in PJ/KL as in the advertisement you posted. Also do take note that MR2 is a pure 2 seaters car, not a coupe. So if space is not a concern, by all means get it :)

p/s: I do miss my friend's MR2 :(

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
70,000 for 7 years with 5.5% p.a would equate to around 800~900 per month, which is really not bad at all, considering our rather familiar income. Thanks for the info btw. Appreciate it.

As for the MR2, I suggest you to look for some slightly less tuned for a daily drive. A 300bhp RWD for daily commuting is gonna take quite an effort. A standard MR2 for a daily drive won't post much problem I would imagine, except maybe higher fuel consumption (since it's a sports car and your right foot automatically becomes heavier...lol).

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Bro... I think u made some mistake in calculation...
70,000 + (70,000*5.5%*7) = 96950/84 = 1,155

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yeah, I didn't multiply the interest for 7 years..haha..thanks for pointing that out. Still, around 1k per month is not bad for an Evo. I would definitely consider Evo or Impreza over an FD Civic that's in a similar price range and affordability.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yup...for sure, but that's not a major concern for me personally. Currently driving a 16 year old Honda, out of choice, not necessity..never regretted it.

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
thanks 4 the inputs, yeehau n pwhyze. anyway i have decided 2 ditch the MR2 n get the prelude auto instead. Honda Prelude H22A 2.2 Big Vtec - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my i m looking 4 daily driven auto sports car with light FC bcuz u know la, KL traffic so sucks like crap especially weekdays. i feel the cool factor more driving coupe 2 office every day. i rather drive jap coupe than crappy satria. i love 2 hear more inputs from pros here.

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
thanks 4 the inputs, yeehau n pwhyze. anyway i have decided 2 ditch the MR2 n get the prelude auto instead. Honda Prelude H22A 2.2 Big Vtec - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my i m looking 4 daily driven auto sports car with light FC bcuz u know la, KL traffic so sucks like crap especially weekdays. i feel the cool factor more driving coupe 2 office every day. i rather drive jap coupe than crappy satria. i love 2 hear more inputs from pros here.
Skylinelover, I can relate to your upcoming decision. My first car was a H22A prelude, 93 model which i thoroughly enjoyed. The car itself is very stylish, very gaya, driving position is nice and low, and it is relatively low maintenance as far as old honda vtecs go.

Acceleration is quite sluggish, due to the auto tranny. But you can still 'main' on the highways with the big vtec. The big ass means its fairly tail happy, and it is quite a heavyweight. But all in all, very gaya and very good first 'canvas' to explore your petrolhead dreams.

Me, i share your view - would rather have that jap coupe than a satria (more for the uniqueness and the looks). But that said, my cousin with a satria spent about roughly the same $$ as i did on mods, totally tapau-ed my prelude - be it quarter mile or highway.

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
IMO, if you have decided to get H22A, try to take one with manual GB.
With Auto GB, the response is sluggish and you can't feel the VTEC, I bet you won't be able to feel 'sporty' driving it.
I have a manual and my friend had an auto, but end up it was converted to manual...
:)

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hehe....now comes the real question, are you a committed car nut, or just a part timer? A car nut would usually go for manual but understandably, there's always a need to compromise. Do you value convenience or sportiness? It's a question you need to consider especially since we poor car nut can only afford one car for daily commuting AND for the occasional sporty driving. With the amount of hours you would be stuck in jams in KL, do you still think a manual car is worth it? If you can tahan, then manual is the only way to go....(yes, even against DSG,imo...not that we can afford a car with DSG currently).

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
thanks 4 the pro inputs. anyway i m also considering 2 look at altezza due 2 4 door with sporty look. Toyota Altezza (A) 2.0 Beam Dual VVTi - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my if i need 2 drive 4 people out 4 lunch, i cant drive the prelude even if it has back seat bcuz i felt it has defeated the purpose of the sports car already. with price below 60k, i can easily trade in altis 4 altezza with surplus balance if my altis can reach more than 60k 4 2nd hand market price. i love 2 hear more from the pro sifus here.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Hehe....now comes the real question, are you a committed car nut, or just a part timer? A car nut would usually go for manual but understandably, there's always a need to compromise. Do you value convenience or sportiness? It's a question you need to consider especially since we poor car nut can only afford one car for daily commuting AND for the occasional sporty driving. With the amount of hours you would be stuck in jams in KL, do you still think a manual car is worth it? If you can tahan, then manual is the only way to go....(yes, even against DSG,imo...not that we can afford a car with DSG currently).
haha that is very fast post here. :laugh: :adore:

anyway i m looking 4 practical daily driven sports car with auto tranny (2 bare KL jams), low FC n low maintenance (no money 2 spend big on this 2 now). i can live with the performance restrictions s long s i can travel A-B n showing off some blings along the way 2 the hot chicks is enough liao. :smokin: i m hoping altezza / prelude can b chick magnet car like my friend toyota sera if possible. :rofl:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I would like to know if Audi car manufacture provide warranty extension for the car that is built on 2011 and expiring in a year. As you all know that Audi without a warranty it’s like (expensive gearbox, engine oil xd) and so on. So if any of you guys have any idea regarding the matter, please share..

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience