Sport car for fresh grads

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
True, but just talking from experience here...You are more likely to drive closer to the limit in a sports car, hence probabilty of an accident increases. Not to say it's a 100% certainty, just more probable. Depends on the driver though, of course.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Drive Safely = No Accident la ... come on.
drive safely oso kena bang from behind and sometime from the side..... :banghead:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
hi there.... im actually 3 years graduated.. i have the same ambition as you. im slightly lucky as i use to have a honda civic back then and sold it for the celica as u can see in my signature. i have allocated more then 10k for repairs since its an old car. actually its enough but my priorities are not correct. i spend most of my budget in bodykit then restoring it. but then again its doable. im earning 2k plus myself now.. i can maintain it but have slight problems here and there. now planning to get a bike for daily commute since i live nearby and celica weekend or leisure drive.

what im saying is that your dream is doable but need to be careful and lots of self control. i suggest something cheap for biginers like the FTO of celica depending on budget. for my car when i bought them its around 30k only. so i have more money to standby. of course i dont take loan for it so it does ease my burden.

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
hi there.... im actually 3 years graduated.. i have the same ambition as you. im slightly lucky as i use to have a honda civic back then and sold it for the celica as u can see in my signature. i have allocated more then 10k for repairs since its an old car. actually its enough but my priorities are not correct. i spend most of my budget in bodykit then restoring it. but then again its doable. im earning 2k plus myself now.. i can maintain it but have slight problems here and there. now planning to get a bike for daily commute since i live nearby and celica weekend or leisure drive.

what im saying is that your dream is doable but need to be careful and lots of self control. i suggest something cheap for biginers like the FTO of celica depending on budget. for my car when i bought them its around 30k only. so i have more money to standby. of course i dont take loan for it so it does ease my burden.
When I graduated, I drove 'cheap' cars, did not think of sports cars though I yearn for it. Frankly, its a waste of money. Driving a brand new Myvi/Preve will not hurt your social economic status. Now that I have earned a bit more, I start to own nicer cars ... like you say Alan ... priorities must be right. Why drive a El Cheapo sports car just for the 'looks' when you end up pouring money into it for repairs? Then when wanna sell, you have to look hard for a buyer.

As for the looks ... what looks? Its an old car that is cheap. If you say drive a Jaguar E type I can understand la. That is terror. But buy a sports car that is cheap is not worth it. Be patient, when your time comes ... Lamborghini also can la. One for each day of the week.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
yeah... as i said.. it depends on what u really want... if he wants a sports car he can get a cheaper one.. 60k sports car i would not advice him. like mine 30k is still bearable... but then again if it is bought by cash like what i did mine. yeah it might be old but is is packed with 380HP which for me is acceptable. looks can be customize later on and cheaper then buying for instance GTR35 if ur sooo anti old cars...

but just saying... if ur dying for it u can go for it.. but u need to prepare for the worst.. parts might be hard to find but u can still improvice and take from other cars... like for me i have interest in rebuilding an old car...

or maybe if he dont mind the brand he could look for a proton putra and use the access money to modify it... but all still back to what an individual want.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
As for looks, it's subjective...some would argue an 'old' sports car is better looking than a regular Myvi/Preve...so it's up to the individual, really.

A cheap sports car does't have to be expensive maintain, read DR78's post of his FTO..so it depends on the car and how well they are taken care of. I would say most Japanese sports cars are pretty reliable, unless they've been molested kaw-kaw by the owners. Pandai cari, less headache lor...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
When I graduated, I drove 'cheap' cars, did not think of sports cars though I yearn for it. Frankly, its a waste of money. Driving a brand new Myvi/Preve will not hurt your social economic status. Now that I have earned a bit more, I start to own nicer cars ... like you say Alan ... priorities must be right. Why drive a El Cheapo sports car just for the 'looks' when you end up pouring money into it for repairs? Then when wanna sell, you have to look hard for a buyer.

As for the looks ... what looks? Its an old car that is cheap. If you say drive a Jaguar E type I can understand la. That is terror. But buy a sports car that is cheap is not worth it. Be patient, when your time comes ... Lamborghini also can la. One for each day of the week.

hehehe.. i drive an old sports car.. and it doesn't look cheap.. but it's cheap to maintain :biggrin:

most people.. even in Toyota Club & ZTH doesn't know what car i drive..

some say.. it's a Honda, it's a Putra.. no.. it's Superman.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

anywayz, i love what i drive & proud of it :wink:

Last edited:

Seng_song

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
Penang

Thanks for sharing. Your Celica looks nice! For sure as fresh grad, its better looking for affordable entry level sport car around 30-50k..not more than that...and also save some money for maintenance..

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Thanks for sharing. Your Celica looks nice! For sure as fresh grad, its better looking for affordable entry level sport car around 30-50k..not more than that...and also save some money for maintenance..
yeah no prob.. cos i got the cash up front after selling my old civic... so no need to loan for the car...

what i like about it is we get slightly special treatment on the road for driving this type of cars.. and yeah.. try getting something sporty.. haha.. and my advise dun over push ur car.. drive safe and know ur cars limit. personal experience.. i blown my pistons for chasing a GTR35.. yeah i know i was dumb.. but yeah its a lesson learn.. so my advise is DUN OVER PUSH UR CAR..:driver:

Seng_song

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
Penang
yeah no prob.. cos i got the cash up front after selling my old civic... so no need to loan for the car...

what i like about it is we get slightly special treatment on the road for driving this type of cars.. and yeah.. try getting something sporty.. haha.. and my advise dun over push ur car.. drive safe and know ur cars limit. personal experience.. i blown my pistons for chasing a GTR35.. yeah i know i was dumb.. but yeah its a lesson learn.. so my advise is DUN OVER PUSH UR CAR..:driver:
hahaha..."Drive it to believe it" :driver:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
still dreaming of tapau GTR... looks like 4 cylinder VS 6 cylinder is kina unfair..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone done this?:)
Can this be done?
if cant what is the main problem ?
thx all sifus in advance :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience