should i get civic type r fd2r or integra dc5?

Which is the Type-R to Buy?

• FD2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • DC5 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FN2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
1. in term of performance the FD2R outshines DC5R in every departments from straight line speed to taking corners at track.
i really do wanna know why?

wiki says:

Honda claims the body is 50% more rigid than the previous Japan-only DC5 Integra Type R, and the new model features an independent rear suspension rather than the torsion beam configuration used on the latest European Civic Type-R.[2] To save weight, aluminum is used extensively and bonded with adhesive instead of welded. Though the body is larger and more rigid than JDM Integra Type R, it is only 1.8 kg (4 lb) heavier
wiki also says it's Curb Weight of 1,266 kg (DC5R) vs 1,270 (FD2R)

dc5R better looking laa :bawling:

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
3. DC5R is definitely more comfortable compare to FD2R. FD2R is simply too stiff to my liking. the engine is also noisier

5. maintenance/spare/performance parts i would say DC5R is cheaper. a lil bit

quick question

3. if change suspension, would it still be too stiff?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
quick question

changing to a softer suspension on a performance car, you mean?

wanna cheap comfy car? buying a good used mercedes W124 makes for a better decision (imo) :hmmmm:

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
From what I've read.
It doesn't take much for a DC5R to match FD2R's power.

To improve handling on the other hand...

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
changing to a softer suspension on a performance car, you mean?

wanna cheap comfy car? buying a good used mercedes W124 makes for a better decision (imo) :hmmmm:
Excuse my noob-ness ...
But what I meant was if we were to mimic an equivalent suspension of a DC5 setting,
Would the overall ride stiffness would still be the same?
Considering chassis & body rigidity difference, etc of FD2R & DC5

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Excuse my noob-ness ...
But what I meant was if we were to mimic an equivalent suspension of a DC5 setting,
Would the overall ride stiffness would still be the same?
Considering chassis & body rigidity difference, etc of FD2R & DC5
me noob oso (hence the noob-like answer) :biggrin:
and i don't own any of 'em hondas.

but if stiffer is not better (in the DC5R's case), why wasn't it be tuned by honda to be a bit softer in the 1st place?

not touching the suspension bits, i'd vouch for lots n lotsa additional carbon parts to reduce even more weight. :nurse:

Eric Chen

Jun 26, 2006
Buy FN2 la.....Dairy driving no problem :driver:I have own FN2 now is great Performance car i like it!!!!:love:

mer707cury

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
FD2's chassis is 50% more rigid than DC5's. Stated in catalogue. Its stock intake manifold is also a culmination of strengths of DC5R and NSXR. ...... so many more reasons to get the fd2...

The REALLY ONLY REASON To choose dc5r is just cos its 2 door coupe LOOKS....

Even seating position the fd2r is higher up (dash is lower so you can see more in front)

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
quick question

it is possible.

my friend installed an aftermarket suspension system to his FD2R and he vouched it is more comfortable without sacrificing the handling.

he bought the item from pentagon

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
Agree on wajabiruairlaut... Even Mk5 Golf GTI looks sweet..(price similar to FD2R)
Imagine you yourself a chick, both car came to you, which you choose to get it? hehehe... (Sorry for off topic).

Eric Chen, i read somewhere rear suspension of FN2 using torsion beam wor...can this FN2 rear suspension outperform the independent suspension?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Goodyear Malaysia has continued its commitment to the local community through its renewed support of St John Ambulance Malaysia (SJAM) for the sixth consecutive year by donating 36 units of tyres to the SJAM Pantai Selangor chapter for use on their ambulances.

“Goodyear is pleased to be supporting SJAM again as we believe that their efforts in social and humanitarian work benefits the local community...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience