Pls suggest which engine should i choose

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Im currently driving civic ek4 with b16a. Now still using auto but already order ek9 gearbox set from Bro simon aka sasuke. Will be changing my intake manifold to sk2 with 70mm tb soon.

Now im planning to change to a more powerful but reliable engine that can rev to 9000rpm safetly but still can use for daily driving. My budget only rm5-6k. Pls give me suggestion....ls vtec, b20b, b16b,b18cr???

Last edited:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
surely with kill tat b18cr lah...i will recommand b18c coz the crankshaft is the best one u can get in the b series..conrod all tough enough for u to hantam until 9krpm....i recommand hondata s300 management. i got a fren who can do all this or maybe can discuss with him wat kind of setup and budget u got ...pm me if u got interested...

Bump: surely with kill tat b18cr lah...i will recommand b18c coz the crankshaft is the best one u can get in the b series..conrod all tough enough for u to hantam until 9krpm....i recommand hondata s300 management. i got a fren who can do all this or maybe can discuss with him wat kind of setup and budget u got ...pm me if u got interested...

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
lets say if use back my b16a and use b18c gsr block can mod till same like b18cr? If can how much will it cost and wat to replace?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Wah sounds tempting but will it still be reliable for daily drive? Lets say if i mod jun/toda cam and emanage can it beat b18cr stock?
thats just depends on who tune where u go to tune ur car....ofcos u can bro.... easy job ma....:biggrin:

lets say if use back my b16a and use b18c gsr block can mod till same like b18cr? If can how much will it cost and wat to replace?
GSR complete bottom is just a few hundred till a thousand cheaper than Type-R complete bottom, then why must consider the GSR..?? a complete bottom with paper is bout rm4k-4.8k... then just get a new Ex for new block...

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
thats just depends on who tune where u go to tune ur car....ofcos u can bro.... easy job ma....:biggrin:

GSR complete bottom is just a few hundred till a thousand cheaper than Type-R complete bottom, then why must consider the GSR..?? a complete bottom with paper is bout rm4k-4.8k... then just get a new Ex for new block...
Lets say if i choose b18cr engine kosong wat other parts i need to buy beside intake manifold to fit my ek4?

SC79

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Im currently driving civic ek4 with b16a. Now still using auto but already order ek9 gearbox set from Bro simon aka sasuke. Will be changing my intake manifold to sk2 with 70mm tb soon.

Now im planning to change to a more powerful but reliable engine that can rev to 9000rpm safetly but still can use for daily driving. My budget only rm5-6k. Pls give me suggestion....ls vtec, b20b, b16b,b18cr???

Currently wat internal mod hv u done on ur B16A engine? Wat's ur current ECU?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
but IMHO,gsr combustion chamber is much smaller than b18cr's which is same as b16a's.and ive read an article that a GSR can produce as much as 220bhp with toda parts.

m just giving out my opinions.
m guessing that u want to make poor man's type r.hehehe,thats wut they called it in US.

owh,dont use back b20b crank.heard that it cant be fully balanced.from a pomenlah.
but pushed my car.ok je.not top speed.but drag here ne there.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Currently wat internal mod hv u done on ur B16A engine? Wat's ur current ECU?

My current mod only full 2.3inch exhaust system with rsr muffler, fgk extractor 4-2-1, hks intake, and vafc still using auto gearbox. I already change to manual b16a cam but others still stock.

Next month will change to ek9 complete gearbox + spoon rechipped p2t ecu.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Lets say if i choose b18cr engine kosong wat other parts i need to buy beside intake manifold to fit my ek4?
the B16B/B18C's Extractor/Exhaust manifold...

SC79

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
My current mod only full 2.3inch exhaust system with rsr muffler, fgk extractor 4-2-1, hks intake, and vafc still using auto gearbox. I already change to manual b16a cam but others still stock.

Next month will change to ek9 complete gearbox + spoon rechipped p2t ecu.

may be u can use b20b block with b18c internal (conrod/crankshaft/etc)

SC79

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Ohh okok, does engine kosong come with distributor? Or i can use back my b16a distributor?

mostly engine kosong dun come with distirbutor..

What is the dif if use b20b block with b18c internal and b18cr block? Is it the same?
b20b block +b18c internal give more to power than b18cr block. but if u wanna get b18cr then it's better for u to get a b18cr engine with gearbox le..cost more cheaper..the price for b20b block+b18c is more expensive and will be over ur budget.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all of ZTH'ers.

In this thread I gonna show I've replace brake master pump with the repair kit.
I've perform this operation on my wife myvi 1.3 AT with ABS.
The symptom is the brake pedal will go straight away to floor when press the pedal while driving. Everytime has to pump it 2-3 times until can feel the brake operate.

Tools needed
1- C clip plier
2- 12 mm spanner
3- 10 mm spanner
4- 8 mm spnanner
5- tubing
6- bottle
7- 10 mm open end hexagon spanner

1- Contain of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience