eg9 radiator need top up water every 2-3 days PLS HELP!!!

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
:rofl: AS THE TITLE MENTION

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

hi all sifu ,the situation is when i rev high or drive fast or long travel the water from radiator seem like disappear to no where ,not a lot but like 1/4 or 2/4 then overheat. Really headache .....izzit the head gasket problem?if change propably how much + labour? Thanks:confused:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Possible causes:
Failed head gasket
Worn water pump seals
Lack of maintenance
Hoses leaking
Radiator core leaking
Radiator upper tank cracked
Radiator and/or block internally clogged with rust, scale, silt, gel, or externally blocked with road debris
Bad radiator cap
Bad thermostat
Radiator fins corroded and falling off
Water pump impeller corroded
Lower radiator hose collapsing

Good luck and have fun.

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
Thanks ixeo for your listing :itsme: But which 1 should i troublemshooting 1st ?scare of pocket burn hole lol

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
DanzEterna: thx i will try change the cap 1st actually i m using after market radiator and the cap pressure is 1.3 but i will try change.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If no leaks, likely head gasket gone case, since you mention dunno where it goes, I think all that water has gone into your combustion chamber. Sometimes, because head not torqued properly, gasket not sealed properly, so when normal driving, water loss is negligible, but when high rev, water disappears faster than you can say "Where all the water go?"

Of course, this assumes that there is NO OTHER leaks.

Last edited:

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
shiro: wow thx shiro good explaination there will find mechanic to check the problem....and i m curious how much that cost for changing head gasket...touch wood lol:rolleyes:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if you already overheated the engine, no point, need to skim the head and/or block deck. The head/block is probably already warped.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
changing head gasket is essentially a top overhaul.... since the head already come off.

ChyanHonda

Jul 6, 2011
PJ
hi all, my mech quote me the part for overhaul:

1)Honda overhaul set
2)Piston ring

Is this consider top overhaul or full overhaul?
If not what is the meaning of top and full overhaul?
What the part need to be change?

Thank you and please advice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driven: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) - CoTY material? We think so!

Time changes everything. A little over a decade ago, I picked up a local magazine and read a review of a Porsche 996 Turbo. At the time, the 996 Turbo was the most powerful variant offered and touted some massive numbers – 420PS/560Nm and only 4.2 seconds from Zerotohundred. I remember day dreaming...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience