Refreshing my EG9

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
My EG9 have just turned 20 this year. It's looking abit tired, so I'm planning to give it a fresh new look!

1. A 4 layer polish/wax. If still doesn't shine, will give it a fresh paint.

2. New seats? Or anywhere can I refabric the eg9 seats? Give me some recommendations guys.

3. New pairs of projector eyes, where can I get these?

4. New 15" SSR rims, or any other recommended brands?

5. New speakers

6. New door chrome trims, where can I get these?

Attachments

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Congrats bro!! Nice to see your car still in good condition.

Well, my suggestions: the seats, door trims still looks fine bro. Keep it. If the paint is damaged, then give it a new coat of paint. Or better if you can polish it. I'm sure the detailing guru's here can help you out with that. Rims, headlamps and speakers are really up to you bro.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
1/ fresh coat of paint would definitely be better if u have the budget.

2/ check for some dood with the nick putra something in the marketplace....but u didnt mention which area u from.. so hard to recommend...but any seat shop should be able to do it...or if u wanna change ur front seats, the recaro from the dc2 integra type r is a popular choice.

3/ i refuse to recommend this....coz the ones we have here are those angel eyes crap which is so so SO fugly...stick with OEM or non projector black housing lights. theres also Denji headlamps, but very difficult to find

4/ up to ur taste...since ur car is black... black rims would look sweet if the car is lowered properly. then theres also the current trend of bright rims like orange, yellow blue etc etc...would make ur car stand out as its not really a common sight

5/ up to u for this one

6/ if its not originally chrome.....pls dont.

oh yeah....another suggestion would be to clean up the engine bay as well.... avantech in sri kembangan has a package for wire tuck, and engine bay repaint (to colour of ur choice) for about 1.2k

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hey madman, the avantech package you mentioned... battery at the rear, no wires at all at the engine bay and can repaint the engine for 1.2k only? Damn I was quoted 2k in JB. Will they bring down the engine to repaint the engine bay?

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
Thanks DDV and Madman for your kind comments and recommendations.

For the seats, anyone of your tried central cushion in kepong? Are they good? I prefer to refabric my current seats if possible, maybe to red black?

HAHA, angel eyes ugly meh? Looks quite nice leh....

For RIMs, I'm thinking of bronze or gold...... a bit out of date?

Sorry about the door trims, I don't know what it's call, it's the chrome line near the exterior door windows, it's cracking already.

By the way, I'm looking for the compartment box on the passenger side too, it's broken and it's very noisy now.

Here is my engine bay, maybe no need to waste money painting gua....

Attachments

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
No probs man.

Actually, there are nice projector lamps but never seen a nice one in Malaysia. it looks ugly to me.

For the seats, you can refabric of course. I'm sure any cushion shop can do this for you. But to me, I would rather leave it as stock or upgrade to DC2 Recaro's. DC2 seats front and rear is more than RM2000. Refabric would cost a few hundreds I think. Anyway, I prefer the car to remain how it is, you know maintain its authenticity. Gives better value to your Civic.

Oh yeah, gold/bronze rims would look really good in a black car. Polished rims would also look nice.

The chrome thing you are referring to is not the door trim. Atm, I can't seem to get that word. Well, for that and your glove compartment, you can find in mudah. There are tons of eg stuff there that might interest you.

Once you do what madman recommended, surely would look nice already.

I see that you posted your gear knob. If you want, you can also get the type r gear knob.

Then again, it's your car. And my suggestions don't really matter.
Check out the pics attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
Your DB is one of my favourite too............. must be in mint condition?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Thank you. Mint? I wouldn't say so. Still got some work to do. I am also looking to change seats, some interior parts, this and that... still long way to go. I've told myself I need to stop work on the car for at least till middle of this year to fund something else. But now looking at your car and ideas, my hand is feeling the itch again. Hehe.

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
HAHA..........you know what... I didn't do any cosmetic for my ride for 4 years!!!!.......... So feeling a bit guilty here.........

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Slow slow do la boss!! But how you managed to do that? Like me, before I get my salary, I'm already planning what to do next.. Haha.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro.. your paint still looks ok.. i think clay bar, polish,waxing can bring it back to life.

headlamps why not change to those smoked ones..thats nicer... i used the glass type on my eg8 and it was really nice..mine was black as well...it matched the car pretty well...

re-fabric most seat shops can do for you... they will show you a few materials and ask you to chooose what you like...i used the recaro fabric..

rims up to you and budget

big no no on the chrome trim bro ...it will make it look very...... sorry to say but..cheap. ..maybe just repaint/spray will do fine and look like new.

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
Because my paycheck have to go for my loans............. now loan is finished....... got a little budget for my baby lor...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Oh, that's good news la. No more debts!! Can spend for your baby every month. Slowly do it up la.

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
bro.. your paint still looks ok.. i think clay bar, polish,waxing can bring it back to life.

headlamps why not change to those smoked ones..thats nicer... i used the glass type on my eg8 and it was really nice..mine was black as well...it matched the car pretty well...

re-fabric most seat shops can do for you... they will show you a few materials and ask you to chooose what you like...i used the recaro fabric..

rims up to you and budget

big no no on the chrome trim bro ...it will make it look very...... sorry to say but..cheap. ..maybe just repaint/spray will do fine and look like new.
OK, maybe I will go for the glass type. For the seats, I'm thinking of the recaro red fabric with black linings too.......

for the door trims, I think I have mislead you guys, I was talking about the exterior lining near the door windows, just want to replace it with original once.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yeah, door lining. That's the word.

Is this the one you are referring to, to confirm?

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience