DIY timer

CyberPunk

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Subang
www.cyberpunk.co.nr
Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
I don't think can lar, the fan blows towards the heat sink only, even u turn it on it has no effect on venting the heat off the engine.

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
can lar jaywat... i think just buy count down timer module from the electronic shop. then use relay to tap to the batt and the module. then you think some more on your own lar.... thats is my opinion only... if don't understand the wiring of the relay, you can ask acc shop to do for you lar... but you must diy the module yourself first. ;)

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
u can opt to get an aftermarket turbo timer... for the looks, style and convenience of installation.. but wiring maybe you'll have to refer to a technician. nowadays timer cap ayam pivot look a like is only around RM98

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Okay, after i read it another time i got the point already. Cyberpunk, u should state that u wanna vent out the heat through air con fan mar...yea, it's possible lar, like kruger said, get a countdown module with relay to kick start the fan when it detect ur engine off and count from 20 to 0 sec to off the fan maybe. How? don't know also. If not sure, get ftzone's suggestion i think he is selling related stuff :D

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
yeah he's selling that stuff... nice guy also if you talk to him... ;) can get more discount ma... if i puji sikit... hehehe ;):D

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
apala... eventho i'm selling those stuffs.. but it's your money and choice mah... kruger will meet u today after my boss finish screwing me.. hehehe

sometime people like to DIY instead of buying straight ma. i understand 1... but if u fed up DIY already u can consider my product pulak.. hahahahaha

CyberPunk

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Subang
www.cyberpunk.co.nr
hahaha... yeah but i heard a car without tourbo installing turbo timer is a waste of money and it does nothing much... as we know turbo will heat up the engine and the exhaust and anyplace that connects to exhaust or something... then with turbo timer it will let ur engine run for a little while to release the heat from inside to outside via exhaust.
but what my point now is to blow off the heat in the engine compartment and not inside the engine... so air-con fan will do... my car has 2 big air con fans so i thought it would be useful if i can activate those fans without turning on my car to blow off the heat from my engine bay...
well i got this idea from my aunt's old accord 2.0i...
if anyone knows the circuit can share share hor... =P
thanks guys! u guys rules....
ftzone... haha.. that's a last resort to go for u =P

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
no la cyber punk.. what i mean is use the turbo timer to connect just to the fan la... not the ignition... aiyo.. u misunderstand liao. but how to wire it to function that way.. i dunno liao.. have to ask a professional.

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
if you build your own timer, you should know where to connect it lor... but if you buy the aftermarket timer they will give you the wiring diagram, so you will know some of the basic of the connections that you can use. like ftzone said, timer pivot cap ayam brand now a day will cost you just rm98 with good looking lagi tu.... :p

Jul 30, 2005
kl
hai.. i'm newbie here. we can diy simple timer less than rm20. buy part and assemble. but no brand and box lar...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifus,

1st of all, my car only done minor upgrading such as exhaust system, intake manifold, and using ECU ralliart .
here the situation:

1) been use E9 almost 1year and never pump 95 only 97. my fc is about MYR 50/90km:banghead:
2) last night i decided to pump 95:thefinger:. what is the cons of using 95 on mivec turbo?

please advise me.

Tq:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience