Seriously, Why Feed "Protons"?!?!

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
As u know, Proton took Mitsubishi Parts and assemble here as Proton, the Quality is really bad compare the Japs who assemble it. The most problem proton cars will happen not only the engine, is their interior and exterior, this break la, that drop la, go to their Eon service centre like they dun give a damn bout ur car la, services really bad.

I myself a proton driver, i'm disappointed what proton had gave me such big headache. Most people buy protons, why?...their cheap and reliable, right? but do u see the quality ahead u, Toyotas, Hondas, etc (other japs and europeans brand car) ...these brand have some sort of company/goverment approval about their technology to the higher standard and rated in quality, design, safety. What do Protons have? a crap from the past?..Mitsu cars? Mitsu is good, Mitsu only in fame when u guys saw EVO III in medias. Lotsa rumours saying Mitsubishi are no longer concentrating in making automotive area, some other say they bankrupt and bought by someone. Sorry, i'm not promoting other japs cars, i'm concerning about the typical and stupity happen to most Malaysian who buys Protons. Seriously, this is true, and we dun realize it. A Saga/Iswara, a technology for 20 years ago or more, and still selling today while other carmaker selling new technologies.

When u stop at one traffic light, a two or three lane traffic light, u'll see SO MANY PROTONS AROUND U!!!!......this make the protons market straight down according to market becoz is TOO MANY. Now people are start buying other carmaker brand, most of them are EX-Proton driver, if proton 2nds dosent go cheapest for selling.....where do u think they will go? i know, Proton will get them back most of it or not throw them into junk. And do u know why in Japan and Europe got so many junk yard?!?!?! .....find me one junkyard here in Malaysia with full car intact? If u see thing differently, 2nd cars dealer shop is tha"JUNKYARD"...only cleaner.

i tell u the truth, i can buy 2nd Proton Persona year 99(Wira in Malaysia) under RM 800 or maybe less in United Kingdom/London and condition is immaculate good. BUT HERE, who get the extra RM for sellin Wira 99 for RM 15K-18K, can u please tell me who get those Extra RM?!?!?!....cant tell, right?...or u think the market price is like this?....thats bullshit man, Remember Market Price due to people greeds, it goes up and down according to one man or many mans greed.

A very obvious example that Protons is goin thru bad times is NOW ladies and gentlemen. Do you see whats their offering now?..free this and that, free almost everything u need, respectively free RM 400petrol voucher for example and their discount can up to 6-8k, it draws attention and temptingly for those who 5% knowledge about cars.

Protons has been in 20 years, only now they have their OWNS, Gen2 and the new Neo, i asked u can trust these cars?...since protons for last 20 years only assemble parts from Mitsubishi and they give lotsa problems, now they are trying the all new made Gen2 and Neo, do u trust their engineering and technology? Atleast they under guidance by Lotus but Mitsubishi Parts are ready made and just plug and play also they can give problems...i know u worried if u had those cars. For typical humans being who dun request much and decent, Proton are the choices. For the enlighthen ones, u know what car to buy.

Theres lot more to say about Protons and which other area they have changed in automotive Malaysia they involve in, l just tired to type anymore, hope u guys figure it more on whats happening in automotive Malaysia out for yourself. Seriously, theres a lot more to say......hope u guys give or guide us an useful opinion. Jeremy Clarkson said it all.

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
This is just another repeat of many MANY other proton complain threads in this forum. I am not against you venting out your frustration/anger/etc. on protons but honestly, here are my views, in order of your paragraphs.

1- Everyone already know about the quality of Proton products. So, I guess there isn't a real need in putting it out on the thread again
2- Everyone already know about the lousy service in most proton service centers. What more the over priced parts and services.

3- people buy proton cos it's one of the most affordable car around. Ask around and almost everyone would opt to have a non-proton car.
4- we also have quality control bodies who govern the quality of products in malaysia. However, this IS malaysia, so please remember that corruption is a life style here, not a practice. With this said, quality control can be bought.
5- I don't think Mitsu is only famous for EvoIII. Their elder generations like the Galants, mirage, etc. (correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't study the history of mitsu) are also popular. And Mitsu also does other products like building lift's as well.
6- Rumours on whether mitsu is bankrupt or taken over by some other company or whatever, is proving to be just rumours and it doesn't matter what those rumours are as well. Bottomline is, Mitsu is still coming out with new vehicles anyway.
7- If you are so concerned about many stupid malaysians who buys protons, why don't you give them the money to buy a NON-PROTON product. Not everyone can buy a NON-PROTON product.
8- New or old technology, some people only want to travel from point A to point B. As long as the vehicle can move without any or much problems, then they are satisfied.
9- Seriously, this is true and MANY people DO REALIZE IT. It's just that you don't realize that many people realize it.

10- Again, because proton is one of the most affordable cars around, and the parts are not as expensive as other car manufacturers, so it wouldn't be surprising to see so many protons at a traffic light, or even in a housing area.
11- 2nd hand cars are even more affordable to those who are really poor but need a vehicle to move around in, safely.... so to speak.
12- It may be a cleaner junk yard, but "recycling" cars means that they would be less new cars on the road, which means less traffic, which means less jams (or slower increase in jam rates).
13- Again, junk or no junk, there are still people who buys 2nd hand cars, because... (refer to point 7).

14- Yes, I believe that 2nd hand cars or even brand new cars in UK are affordable, if we to consider it dollar to dollar. But this is only good for comparison only. You can't apply the life style there, to the life style here.
15- Wherever the extra RM of those 2nd hand car goes to, we will not know for 100% sure. But think about this, wherever it is going to, is certainly not in our pockets and we certainly do not have a say in it.
16- Yes, market price may be controlled by human greed but majority of the humans are greedy. Would you be able to change ALL their minds to be NOT greedy? I highly doubt so. As such, this price trend will continue on for generations on end.

17- Yes, many already know Proton is slowly suffering because slowly, those who can't afford a NON-PROTON are starting to buy NON-PROTON cars. Some would rather even buy a 2nd hand NON-PROTON car.
18- Those who know 5% about cars, are probably those who are not interested to know 6%, or more, about cars. Perhaps it is because of ..... (refer to point 8)

19- There are many who don't trust proton, even myself. Trust and reputation is earned, not gained. proton has killed their own reputation and thus, trying to revive it again. It seems to be a very hard thing to do.
20- I personally don't know why proton bought Lotus so I can't comment on this.
21- Yes, Mitsu parts seems to be plug and play but would you really know whether those parts are new, or reconditioned? There have been inside stories of proton selling reconditioned parts, as new ones.
22- As for just plug-and-play but it still gives problems, it's the quality control that's at fault. Please refer to point 4.

23- Yes, there certainly is a lot more to say about proton
24- And No, Jeremy Clarkson didn't say it all. He only said all of his own opinion. So do get that right and remember that when a person speaks, he speaks based on his own opinion. Until such time that EVERYONE agrees with him, then only we can say that he has said it all. Hope you could grasp that understanding.

25- Just a friendly comment, you need to improve your english in certain areas. Or else, people may not know what you're typing.

Peace.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Well... no offense, but what do you suggest a person who wants a brand new, 4 door, 40k+ sedan car buy?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Why people buy proton(rollakid edition, simplified):
1. you need a cheap car
2. you need something bigger than kancil/kelisa and with a rear boot
3. you are superstitious and think old recond toyota/honda might involve in accident before and got ppl die in that accident, or similar reason for not buying second hand car.
4. do i need a 4th reason?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Well... make it simple. Proton is cheap and cheerful. What else?

Mitsu cars have their share of problems too ok... so, no car manufacturer is perfect. Even BMW is worse than Toyota is many aspects!

Take my mom's E32, 730i... engine has too many weird problems! The car even stalled on the LDP for no reason. After spending so much money to fix it... it still give lots of headache! I swear if the car breaks down again, I will dump it to the scrap metal fella n recycle it! Piece of SHIT!!!!

Or even my own Galant Super Saloon converted to VR4... wiring prob la, gearbox prob la, this n that but in the end, I still keep it around for the sake of identity.

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
i remember theres is a quote in Top Gear, there is no cheap n cheerful, cheap and XXXX , expensive and cheerful , wakakaka forgot wads the XXXX d

syaZ13

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
i own a proton. falling apart.. literally.. but of coz, if i had a choice between a 2nd hand honda or toyota and my iswara, without hesitation, i would choose da 2nd hand car. dun like proton, but then sum of us no $$$$ to buy nice nice car.. wut to do?

AIDS

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
social theory

thanks Satria 95 for ur useful opinion, i dun get good grades in english by the way, but how come u understand my 1st thread?....:regular_smile:

For what ur definition/opinion is, definitely do refer towards typical Malaysian road user. U tailored their needs in a very intellectual and understanding form of words, thanks.

but if u got more money, please buy other car for quality. We are not living in 80s or 90s, i'm sure everyone is heading for good pleasure of quality today has offered to ensure for better living environment and stress free.

if i spend 40plus k for another new proton, driving it in a month and ur cup holder fall, is just not right for me. :sad_smile:

Malaysian has lotsa lasting loves, their trust and good reputation to Proton last for 20 years and still counting, respect that! but i'm done with proton, i work harder, struggle more for better car.

Satria 95, people gaining experience and knowledge day by day and people who knows 5% knowledge about cars will increase more if they realize the other potential/personal needs in them and due to their capabilities for having better options for choosing the goods. We do need good stuff, right? ......but for some people who never learn or cant learn, then feel free to stay back in the crowd. i respect that!

According for what u said if they realized it, then please make a wise choice.

i dun look down on Malaysian among their specific preferences, i think/believe Malaysian can do better if its not for now, then for future! :regular_smile:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
AIDS,
No worries. Was just sharing my opinion with you, with totally no harm meant. If I have more money, I won't even think for a 0.00001 second about buying proton stuff leh. Straight to buy other manufacturers cars already. hahaha Yes, I agree that people are gaining knowledge day by day. The thing is, other than knowledge, attitude is also required for them to put those knowledge to use. Actually, this discussion is way to wide, as there are many types of people in malaysia. Some just want to buy proton as a "chin-chai drive around car, don't take care so much as long as the car can move" car. Some buy it for their own reasons, some buy it for that reason, this reason, etc etc etc. The possible reasons could be endless. Proton is known nationwide as a crap quality car manufacturer. Now, the final decision belongs to the customers who buy their car. If they choose not to buy, proton will close down, and vice-versa.

Honestly, I don't like proton as well. My satria has lots of noises here and there. However, all in all, since the satria neo has garnered just that little bit of positive response, I guess I'll give proton one more chance to see more improvements in their cars, especially their prices. I still think RM51,800 for a satria neo 1.6M H-line is over priced. Anyway, I'll leave it to them to decide on what they think is best for themselves. heh heh

Last edited:

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006
since everybody blaming PROTON again, i would like to say 'juz giv proton 1 more chance'.....as i knew, they are trying 2 do better or harder towards the future!!!

for personal opinion, i am not only driving one, but two proton cars. wat i hav experienced was, quite an improvement compares 2 old models, at least hav it's own designed engine, dun expect how fast they can make it well, but expect they are try to be better in the future.....

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
DK99,

You sure have faith in a so-called automotive manufacturer that's been around for 20 years now, but still could not sort out the power-window issue since day one!

You got two protons .... I had 4 (from Saga, Wira, Wira and Waja, and thank God I did not get a V6 after some due consideration) and I believe I know.

I agree with you, technically they are getting better (with Lotus behind their back, who wouldn't), but the darn tidak-apa and hantam-saja-la attitude on quality ain't gonna make the cut, my fren.

Cheers.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Oh man.... here we go again..... Soon it would mutate to become government bashing. Then some more unrelated items like MAS, Britain sports center, blah blah..... Damn..... i'm bored. Can someone pass me the octane booster?:angel_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
i'm a newbie in this forum...
asking all sifu where can i get this mild cams for my waja 1.6M which are mild modded? how about their reliability? price? brand?
tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience