Why???

hardcorecar

Known Member
Jan 10, 2013
Sabah
hallo guys...wanna ask you guys...why a...if u wanna buy racing camshaft u need to trade your ori cam with cam that u wanna buy....is it they use da ori cam to built da racing cam oo what???:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hallo guys...wanna ask you guys...why a...if u wanna buy racing camshaft u need to trade your ori cam with cam that u wanna buy....is it they use da ori cam to built da racing cam oo what???:smokin:
Yeah they can take your cam and regrind it, but that's not recommended and only if you're desperate since no aftermarket cams available at all for your engine. If there are after market cams, then no need to trade with your stock cam.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
better buy from aftermarket shop, when getting it installed, informed your mechanic before hand
that u will be taking back your old camshafts, tell him that u got buyer for it.
but just keep it incase u wanna install the std cams back.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There are two types of aftermarket camshafts - regrinded and billet.

Regrinded cams are just basically modified lobes on stock cams.
Billet are built from a solid piece of metal.

Personally I like billet since prices aren't really that significantly different and also there will be limitations to how much regrinding a cam can do.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've 1 HKS 3037 turbo need repair, the bearing come out oredi.. any workshop is the most recommanded or anyone here can pm me if u're doing repair turbo service..
roughly how much if repair this kind of ball bearing turbo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience