Seriously considering a ITr

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
WOW. 2.5k is wayyy out of my budget. having bought the car for the first month...its not viable for me to install a 2.5k alarm system....

oh well...guess i'll need to find an alarm system for my 1k budget...any recommendations?

A normal 2 way alarm is good enough already. Should cost u around RM 500 - 600 for good ones, with shock sensor.

thats exactly what i was looking at. whats a good 2 way alarm brand? not very sure since all my cars had alarm systems. :confused:

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
bro, go get steelmate. product from china, 2 way alarm. been using for years. no problem or wutsoever. paid em for rm500 only :biggrin:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
any acc shop. they might hav it .. ranging from rm400-600.
I just checked out the Steelmate series yesterday.

Theres one 2 way with autostart going for RM650. Now sure whats the name of it...but it has the autostart feature and a screen on the key alarm to tell you whats happening with your car.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I just checked out the Steelmate series yesterday.

Theres one 2 way with autostart going for RM650. Now sure whats the name of it...but it has the autostart feature and a screen on the key alarm to tell you whats happening with your car.
you can get it cheaper without the remote engine starter feature!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
yup. the one without engine start is only RM400....

but remote start is soooooo coool....haha. :rofl: anyone had problems with engine start functions?
yes it is cool but surely if it is not installed correctly or by competent staff problems are bound to happen?

steelmate comes with 1 year warranty. that should make it easier for you to decide. heh heh

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
yes it is cool but surely if it is not installed correctly or by competent staff problems are bound to happen?

steelmate comes with 1 year warranty. that should make it easier for you to decide. heh heh
oh im definitely going with steelmate. just a question of with or without remote start.

well if any problems come up, just bring it back to the accessory shop and kasih "tiao" sama dia. :rofl:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
oh im definitely going with steelmate. just a question of with or without remote start.

well if any problems come up, just bring it back to the accessory shop and kasih "tiao" sama dia. :rofl:
you might want to consider a GSM car alarm system.

2-way's generally operate of FM (frequency modulation) , some also operate on AM (amplitude modulation) , they dont transmit particularly well through concrete, so you might not get signal when you park at shopping complex car parks.

gsm's are quite efficient, in the sense that most car-parks have in-built relays and antenna's.

it might cost a bit more, but after all, you can't place a price on safety :biggrin:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005

2-way's generally operate of FM (frequency modulation) , some also operate on AM (amplitude modulation) , they dont transmit particularly well through concrete, so you might not get signal when you park at shopping complex car parks.

gsm's are quite efficient, in the sense that most car-parks have in-built relays and antenna's.

it might cost a bit more, but after all, you can't place a price on safety :biggrin:
whats the price of a GSM alarm.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5

totally agree with you on this. i had used steelmate alarm system on my DC5R and totally useless when i parked in basement or at shopping complex. you simply cant get the signal.

if you park on open space the most you can get before the signal is lost is about 300m. that is based on my experience.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am thinking to DIY a new set of pedal pads based on the Razo design using thick aluminium sheets

Only problem i have is mounting it.
Do i mount it on my original pedals or take out the original and replace it?
Slip in or screw on?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience