Seeking advise from Toyota Sifus around! AE101 & AE111

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
Hi,

I'm new comer to this forum and Toyota as well :)

Currently, I'm looking for a used Toyota AE101 & AE111 SEG.

1) I've check out some AE101 (96`) & AE111 (97`), around RM42K. I wonder why the price in market for this two model are about the same (one new model, one older model!) Is that because AE101 is a better built car than AE111?

2) Is there 2 version of AE111? With crystal lamp and without crystal lamp?

3) With budget around RM52K, is that advisible to go for a Toyota SEG (crystal lamp) or better get some other cars like Waja/Gen-2?

Hope to get some valuable advise around....

Thanks.

Regards,
CK Chew

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
that a lot of budget
why don't you browse some of topics down there, got a few modded SEG ready to drive.

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
suma_ said:
that a lot of budget
why don't you browse some of topics down there, got a few modded SEG ready to drive.
Hi,

I prefer low mileage stock SEG. For me most important is the realibility. As I'm driving an old satria (11 years++) first batch, the maintenance & petrol consumption is quite high. Rather spending RM1K++ for top overhaul, might as well change to a reliable car - someone suggest me SEG, so that's why I'm here :)

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
ckchew666 said:
Hi,

I prefer low mileage stock SEG. For me most important is the realibility. As I'm driving an old satria (11 years++) first batch, the maintenance & petrol consumption is quite high. Rather spending RM1K++ for top overhaul, might as well change to a reliable car - someone suggest me SEG, so that's why I'm here :)
11years car. satria some more, ur pistons wear off, tats y ur fuel consumption is high man. dun do overhaul, go get a better car.

after than muz maintain ur engine owes, keep it cool. if dunno. can ask.. use Q8. sure perform better. seg is a good car. specially the twin cam 20v. not a weak car at all.

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
my SE(G) also 14years since it built end of 1991. What can I say is ... realibity of the car quite good ..... although it was 14 years old, but the quality is better than some of the proton .... no offence to proton, it just my comments

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
I think he's looking for stock standard AE101 or AE111 Corolla.
Don't racun him, he just want to drive reliable car.
You won't go wrong with above mentioned car if you looking for reliability.

Welcome to the family!!!

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
dreamy: I'm not good into car, so I guess a stock car will be the easiest to take with, right? Anywhere i'm not in urgent, so can spend my sweet time hunt around :)

gloss: That's the feedback I got from my friend (play car), besides the interior also time to 'die' so no point overhaul :) That's why I'm hunting around for a good one, but he recommend me for AE101, but I like AE111. He says AE111 got a common spring/absober problem. True?

Raymond: This is true, even I'm not a toyota owner, but I can see their market value is quite high! so must be something good with them :)

EG9: Yes, I'm looking for a well maintain AE111 only, the problem is I'm not sure I should go with AE101 or AE111 since my friend warn me on the common AE111 suspension problem :( The oldest model of AE111 (no crytsal lamp) is the same price with AE101! Around RM42K, but I think the newest version of AE111 (with stock sport rim) cost ard RM50++

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Ae111 no suspension problem la..gf's car 5 years alr suspension still nice nice..
SEG is a good car..my car Ae101..year 92..already 13 years. In this 13 years, no major engine problem and never "mati engine" b4. Reliable..!!

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
if you dont want your car "terbakar" while driving (Gen-2)... if you dont want your meter, suspension "kong" in a year (Waja)...

then take toyota lor... i also dont want buy new proton because say "Tak Nak" campaign against talak kualiti car

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
ckchew666 said:
dreamy: I'm not good into car, so I guess a stock car will be the easiest to take with, right? Anywhere i'm not in urgent, so can spend my sweet time hunt around :)

gloss: That's the feedback I got from my friend (play car), besides the interior also time to 'die' so no point overhaul :) That's why I'm hunting around for a good one, but he recommend me for AE101, but I like AE111. He says AE111 got a common spring/absober problem. True?

Raymond: This is true, even I'm not a toyota owner, but I can see their market value is quite high! so must be something good with them :)

EG9: Yes, I'm looking for a well maintain AE111 only, the problem is I'm not sure I should go with AE101 or AE111 since my friend warn me on the common AE111 suspension problem :( The oldest model of AE111 (no crytsal lamp) is the same price with AE101! Around RM42K, but I think the newest version of AE111 (with stock sport rim) cost ard RM50++

For your information EE90, AE92, AE100, AE101, AE111 all sharing the same suspension.
There is no such thing that AE111 got suspension problem, maybe your friend mentioned about different bushing at the front crossmember, the durability is proven and if it's tear off, you can look for replacement in most of the spare part shop.
Your friend really have to understand the car properly and not just listen to those ppl comment and simply give misleading information.

In this forum, you can get the information that you're looking for.

Last edited:

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
dreamy, fritz: Okie, seems like AE111 is a good buy then. According to jun kit, there are 3 version of AE111:
1st=non crystal headlamp & non crystal rear lamp
2nd=front&rear wif crystal lamp (i'm drivin wan)
3rd=is wif original sportrim & antena bhind da boot (som wif ORIGINAL
BODYKIT)
So, the 3rd version is the latest I guess, should be around year 1999, am I right?

4agze: Seems like a 5 - 6 year Toyota AE111 has a better realibility than a new Waja/Gen-2? COrrect me if I'm wrong!

EG9: Alright, thanks for your info, maybe I got my fren's msg wrong, as I'm not good into car. If that's the case then AE111 3rd generation is the best choice, based on my budget <RM52K? Thanks.

BlurBlur

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
KL
im driving 96' ae111, FYI, 96' & 97' AE111 is the same, 98'-00' are the ones with crystal lamps, :wink:

btw, now im driving a front crystal lamp with non crytsal rear lamp hahahaa.. (mods) :tongue:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hmm...I knw tis is about car crimes and security post but my story is not relate 2 car crimes n security 1...jst wanna share a story which experienced by myself...

hmm...i was studied at penang n which my hometown at sungai petani which at kedah state...it happend at the sunday night which i m going 2 penang...i was b with my fren with my fren drive another car...here is the story..whn i was at the highway,the traffic gt abit jam...so only can 100km/h at the 2nd lane...whn i see rear view...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience