May 8, 2005
JB
Hmm.... Its hard to find mods...

Perhaps

Billet crank,
forged pistons and rods.
cylinder sleeving.

Then run super high boost?
If i mod like that i scared i will very busy finding another engine for standby. I am thinking to change the gear ratio and put in standalone. But the money for this 2 items already can buy one better engine then CPS.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you use other engine (not the CPS or campro) in Neo... then IMHO its no point... because why bother buy Neo in the 1st place?

So IMHO its better to mod the stock engine than transplant other engine~.. well that just my 2cent

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
because the money spent to mod the stock engine to give such high output (which requires heavy mod) is enough to transplant a significantly better engine such as a GSR... not only do u gain significant amount of HP over the stock engine...but also gain displacement....best part is...u still have room to mod (both minor or heavy mod) if u want to. if the stock engine... ur probably at its limits already

the engine is definitely NOT the biggest selling point of a neo... the looks and the chassis is wat makes the neo a car thats nice to drive.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
because the money spent to mod the stock engine to give such high output (which requires heavy mod) is enough to transplant a significantly better engine such as a GSR... not only do u gain significant amount of HP over the stock engine...but also gain displacement....best part is...u still have room to mod (both minor or heavy mod) if u want to. if the stock engine... ur probably at its limits already

the engine is definitely NOT the biggest selling point of a neo... the looks and the chassis is wat makes the neo a car thats nice to drive.
I second that..

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what kind of engine is street legal for neo ?
the mounting and all is it even similar ?
transplanting a diff engine on neo is hard isnt it ?
the whole thing is different .

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I still dont see any point buying neo and using other engine... etc evo,mivec, etc etc~..

EDITED: well if you saying with the $$$ mode you can get better engine, then why bother buy the neo it self, why dont just buy other better car then (include $$ for mod or engine swap)?... wait...for the look... not enough cash? or maybe, new body/chasis because old chassis hard to rebuild (isnt engine rebuild will cost alot too?)

oh well that just me..

Last edited:

Terrychan92

May 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mitsu engine suits satria neo perfectly. Other engine fits as well like VTEC or 4AGE , but alot more work has to be done,drilling everywhere. If you wanna save your neo chasis , stick with Mivec (:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
LOOL why do people always think that engines 10 years or more is always the better "option" than the newer more reliable CamPro ?

Put in Mitsu 4G-series, you upset the weight balance.
put in vtec, you wont have enough torque to pull the bloody 1.2tonnes car
put in 4A series, same case as vtec.

Then go transplant, few months down the road..see the car for sale anywhere.

Be genuine guys, there's more into it than just enginetransplantmyproblemsgone.

Just my 2cent

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well katak....

to some...maybe because the nightmare of broken crank and snapped conrod still haunting them if they keep the campro engine....

to some...maybe due to the abundant of performance part for 4g mitsu engine so they can enjoy wide variety of choices for performance part....

to me....if money not really a problem i would retain the campro and mod accordingly to see the true potential of the CAMPRO engine especially the CPS (or perhaps the upcoming turbo-ed campro i-cps) << with intelligent variable valve timing (vvti) :adore:

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
some workers at proton tanjung malim tell me on 2012 the turbo engine will come out with the new proton car......price like inspira....(keep hoping it is true)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

this nvr happen to my new car last time...

but happen to my new kenari...

from time to time i find it hard to engage gears....strangely sometime is ok....

then reverse gear ...sometime got loud sond "Kraaaaakkk" eventhough i already fully press the clutch...is the sound when u engage reverse gear while car still moving forward. but my car was completely halt tht time.....

wat happen? new car man....sakit hati to hear the kraaakk sound :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience