Satrio Neo CPS engine mod ~~

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
anyone got try to upgrade their engine CC ??? wat is the way u all do it ??? stroker kit or izzit we this kind of engine have any other block tat we can use to upgrade the CC of it...like mivec cna use 4g93 block......

coz i really love the shape of my car but i really hate the engine performance....so under power~~
any advise or help ????
oh yeah i prefer NA then turbo ~~

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Why concentrate on the CC? air intake, fuel, high comp, pnp can make change on power~ why want go for bigger cc? Just curios...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Why concentrate on the CC? air intake, fuel, high comp, pnp can make change on power~ why want go for bigger cc? Just curios...
no replacement for displacement la..by changing the I.H.E(intake,header and exhaust), how much can u gain only..

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

anyone got try to upgrade their engine CC ??? wat is the way u all do it ??? stroker kit or izzit we this kind of engine have any other block tat we can use to upgrade the CC of it...like mivec cna use 4g93 block......

coz i really love the shape of my car but i really hate the engine performance....so under power~~
any advise or help ????
oh yeah i prefer NA then turbo ~~
super charge it..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
supercharge gives linear power, unlike turbo..

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
Best solution is supercharge it using a twinscrew or roots charger. This way you won't lose the NA characteristics and yet get more power.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

supercharge gives linear power, unlike turbo..
Not really, only twinscrew or roots give linear power. centrifugal one is just like turbo. Very little boost at low RPM.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
If you want to increase engine capacity, cheapest way is to swap the engine with a more powerful and bigger cc engine like K20A. If you insist on playing with Campro, then you need to be prepared to spend insane amounts of money and down time getting custom hi-compression pistons, longer con rods and lightened crankshaft. Not to forget uprated bearings. But that said, most of the power of the engine really lies in the head and valvetrain. After all, volumetric efficiency and thermal efficiency is the name of the game. End of the day, the amount of money spent on this kind of modification could easily get you a better ride, like a 2nd hand Evo or something. But you do get bragging rights and satisfaction if you do go ahead and mod a Campro to such extremes.

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
No more other engine?? Why many ppl like to change GSR and Mivec? Izit because the engine mounting are same with Neo?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
For GSR, need to mod the mounting, mivec i dunno..these are the common engine transplants to satria neos..wat engine do u want?..4age or vtec?..

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
I also dont know want to change what engine. Just doing some research.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hmm.... Its hard to find mods...

Perhaps

Billet crank,
forged pistons and rods.
cylinder sleeving.

Then run super high boost?
If u wish to mod like dat, wat hp r u targetting then?..

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
Hmm.... Its hard to find mods...

Perhaps

Billet crank,
forged pistons and rods.
cylinder sleeving.

Then run super high boost?
If i mod like that i scared i will very busy finding another engine for standby. I am thinking to change the gear ratio and put in standalone. But the money for this 2 items already can buy one better engine then CPS.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you use other engine (not the CPS or campro) in Neo... then IMHO its no point... because why bother buy Neo in the 1st place?

So IMHO its better to mod the stock engine than transplant other engine~.. well that just my 2cent

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
because the money spent to mod the stock engine to give such high output (which requires heavy mod) is enough to transplant a significantly better engine such as a GSR... not only do u gain significant amount of HP over the stock engine...but also gain displacement....best part is...u still have room to mod (both minor or heavy mod) if u want to. if the stock engine... ur probably at its limits already

the engine is definitely NOT the biggest selling point of a neo... the looks and the chassis is wat makes the neo a car thats nice to drive.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
because the money spent to mod the stock engine to give such high output (which requires heavy mod) is enough to transplant a significantly better engine such as a GSR... not only do u gain significant amount of HP over the stock engine...but also gain displacement....best part is...u still have room to mod (both minor or heavy mod) if u want to. if the stock engine... ur probably at its limits already

the engine is definitely NOT the biggest selling point of a neo... the looks and the chassis is wat makes the neo a car thats nice to drive.
I second that..

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what kind of engine is street legal for neo ?
the mounting and all is it even similar ?
transplanting a diff engine on neo is hard isnt it ?
the whole thing is different .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota's new Corolla Cross arrives Malaysia. It is built on the TNGA-C platform just like the Corolla sedan and C-HR, a well acclaimed chassis which almost always deliver. This is also evident in the recently introduced and fully imported Toyota RAV4.

1.8L NA 4cyl 2ZR-FBE / 139ps / 172nm / 7 speed CVT transmission / 1.8G RM124k 1.8V RM134k...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience