Satria Neo CPS problem

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Bro Evo,

You have raised some very interesting points on your post above which i wont deny.And i can assure you my post is based from experience. and i know how to take care of a car.about perodua im not sure,ive never owned a perodua.Im not saying other manufacturers 100% 0 defects,its just that if you buy a proton you EXPECT a defect.Defects aside,protons safety is something questionable right bro EvolutionZ?Have you gotten into an accident before in any of your protons? or has the brake failed you many times before?If it hasnt i truly think youre very lucky.
I still think their car is overpriced for what they offer compared to import cars.

Anyways, i hope just like most of the malaysians,proton will improve,and hopefully revamp their cars in the aspect of safety especially , then reliability.

Take care bro's...please forgive me if i offended anyone.
no worry bro, its an open forum and ppl here should be free to say what they wanna say and what they has to say.....except provoking or offensive remarks la...

i agree with u bro AD_EG, previously proton really sucks...i am lucky one coz i am a bit fussy comes to car coz i drive a lot and i will get irritated when got sound or any minor defects/damage here and there..so i rectify it b4 it get worst...so thru my experience...if we take care/maintain our ride well, it will serve us well...doesnt matter its a proton or what....

prices i agreed too, buying a lancer GT in singapore is same price as buying a waja in singapore....its a true facts....somehow, its G policy, we are unable to do anything..legacy from dunno when...even b4 i was born i guess......anyway its a great discussion topic and i am glad some of u taken my point positively....lets discuss and maintain harmony...cheerz guys

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
no worry bro, its an open forum and ppl here should be free to say what they wanna say and what they has to say.....except provoking or offensive remarks la...

i agree with u bro AD_EG, previously proton really sucks...i am lucky one coz i am a bit fussy comes to car coz i drive a lot and i will get irritated when got sound or any minor defects/damage here and there..so i rectify it b4 it get worst...so thru my experience...if we take care/maintain our ride well, it will serve us well...doesnt matter its a proton or what....

prices i agreed too, buying a lancer GT in singapore is same price as buying a waja in singapore....its a true facts....somehow, its G policy, we are unable to do anything..legacy from dunno when...even b4 i was born i guess......anyway its a great discussion topic and i am glad some of u taken my point positively....lets discuss and maintain harmony...cheerz guys
Cheers Bro,

thank you for understanding my point of view.

PS:Im also extremely fussy about sounds and squicks in my car.Usually DIY this kind of stuff...hehe...one thing i love about my wira last time...nice to DIY.and the air cond is superb.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
hehe agree with u..but the best part of 2nd hand car is when something broken(which we expected) we can change to performance part....got an excuse to upgrade the car haha...btw how neo cps engine perform compared to city and swift (if u know)
Urmmmm....had no opportunity to drag yet lah. But from the feed back from some of my friends whom drives City and Swift they say the NEO CPS certainly feels more kick and they love the handling. Some complain City too soft if unmodified ~ of course cannot beat swift sport lah~

Bump:
hehe agree with u..but the best part of 2nd hand car is when something broken(which we expected) we can change to performance part....got an excuse to upgrade the car haha...btw how neo cps engine perform compared to city and swift (if u know)
Urmmmm....had no opportunity to drag yet lah. But from the feed back from some of my friends whom drives City and Swift they say the NEO CPS certainly feels more kick and they love the handling. Some complain City too soft if unmodified ~ of course cannot beat swift sport lah~

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
The virgin seal is officially broken! I topped 185KM/h before traffic held me back again~
Good to hear that...means ur car no problem hahah...
now my car at COE for 3 days :(
They loan me a wira for the mean time.....

Bro, wat color is ur car? White wit no plate WSR???

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Good to hear that...means ur car no problem hahah...
now my car at COE for 3 days :(
They loan me a wira for the mean time.....

Bro, wat color is ur car? White wit no plate WSR???

No No not white~ BLACK with WSN registration. Mostly in Shah Alam / Subang area.

Why is your car at COE for 3 days? They forgot to attach the engine kaa???:hmmmm:

Bump: No doubt there are operational problems. Which can be eradicated not from the engineering aspect alone. I think it is the whole package.... the management should find a better and more efficient way in producing cars. Easier said than done and definitely changes cant be done overnight. I do think Proton is heading in the right direction. Look at the bright side.... Proton s not Flopping like the continental giants are they?

BTW~ I solved my keyless entry problem. Weak battery is the problem which is not surprising since I was a way for a month plus. That Captor thing sucks the main batt when it's back-up is low on juice. Damn~

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
No No not white~ BLACK with WSN registration. Mostly in Shah Alam / Subang area.

Why is your car at COE for 3 days? They forgot to attach the engine kaa???:hmmmm:

Bump: No doubt there are operational problems. Which can be eradicated not from the engineering aspect alone. I think it is the whole package.... the management should find a better and more efficient way in producing cars. Easier said than done and definitely changes cant be done overnight. I do think Proton is heading in the right direction. Look at the bright side.... Proton s not Flopping like the continental giants are they?

BTW~ I solved my keyless entry problem. Weak battery is the problem which is not surprising since I was a way for a month plus. That Captor thing sucks the main batt when it's back-up is low on juice. Damn~
Complain again on the enigne jerking..so they took my car for 3 days to investigate and they gave me a smelly wira for replacement car :(

Eh bro, the captor rite...is a stupid system. I've run for two time testing and they cant detect my car.....wtf...

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Complain again on the enigne jerking..so they took my car for 3 days to investigate and they gave me a smelly wira for replacement car :(

Eh bro, the captor rite...is a stupid system. I've run for two time testing and they cant detect my car.....wtf...
That bad ah the jerking~ Happens to me only when quarter throttle in gear 2 around 2.8k rpm~ it is less evident after the first service. I am not complaining yet.

I did my Captor test last Monday~ Suppose to get my results by today. Perhaps I'll call them in a bit.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
That bad ah the jerking~ Happens to me only when quarter throttle in gear 2 around 2.8k rpm~ it is less evident after the first service. I am not complaining yet.

I did my Captor test last Monday~ Suppose to get my results by today. Perhaps I'll call them in a bit.
Yap tht bad...even after my first service. Mine happen in 2nd gear also around 3-4k rpm...

Haha sure captor will call you....sorry sir, we didn't received any signal from your car, can you sent to our office to check?.....knn this happen to me twice

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Yap tht bad...even after my first service. Mine happen in 2nd gear also around 3-4k rpm...

Haha sure captor will call you....sorry sir, we didn't received any signal from your car, can you sent to our office to check?.....knn this happen to me twice

Captor called me back today and said everything was all OK. Apparently I have to do another test in 6 months. The customer service actually detailed where my car traveled and it was pretty accurate in less than a 2km radius. For something using radio frequency that is pretty good.

BTW~ be careful when you send your car to the car-wash. The alarm module is apparently underneath one of the front seats and while vacuuming the innards they must have knocked the socket loose. So to save a trip to the SC just check that first. I think I am going to tape it up with PVC black tape.

Last edited:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
for me, i more like wira, putra, ex-satria n perdana. both quality n trouble free is make me like previous proton. if i wan buy a new car, proton is not of my choice.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
for me, i more like wira, putra, ex-satria n perdana. both quality n trouble free is make me like previous proton. if i wan buy a new car, proton is not of my choice.
Well not all of us can afford other makes~

Bump:
Well not all of us can afford other makes~

jackrabbit

Jun 27, 2009
i was planning to buy neo cps before finally decided to buy gen-2 cps. all i know is that neo cps activated quite late compare to gen-2 cps. the former kicks in around 4.4k rpm while the latter is around 3.7k rpm.

so, handling wise issit the same? same lotus tuned tech rite?

btw mine is AT, which is boring. haha. my 1st AT car. :sleep:

Bump: i was planning to buy neo cps before finally decided to buy gen-2 cps. all i know is that neo cps activated quite late compare to gen-2 cps. the former kicks in around 4.4k rpm while the latter is around 3.7k rpm.

so, handling wise issit the same? same lotus tuned tech rite?

btw mine is AT, which is boring. haha. my 1st AT car. :sleep:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Aduh~ brudder obviously handling is different ler. Different chassis and weight. The tuning suspension tuning part i am not so sure. It is best to check LowYat Forum there is a thread there for everything CPS.:proud:

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
Auto Car Malaysia/singapore( 4got liao ) ( July ), rating for Neo CPS = 2.5/5....
if got chance...mayb go 2 MPH or Popular ....u can find out wat is their review of d car....!!

so...after u all owned Neo CPS...wat do u think abt d car...still good 2 own 1?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all...

Recently I just have my engine transplant..my car is nissan altima u13. i transplant sr20neo vvl with cvt 6 speed gearbox. Wonder what next should i do.. I not means those JPJ, Puspakom things.

The concern thing is should i do any tuning of that engine ? or any others thing.. pls advice me. tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience