Satria Neo CPS problem

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
is it normal for new car to have problem like what happen to the NEO CPS or it only happen to NEO CPS ( I mean proton) ...there's lot of debate and argument about proton qualities..when someone bashing proton then someone will defend proton, then another one defend the other one bashing..hahaha...btw i never had or bought brand new car...twice i bought 2nd hand car..thinking of Neo CPS now but getting scared of all the problemss..might delay my intention huhu...btw i think proton made a good handling car

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
is it normal for new car to have problem like what happen to the NEO CPS or it only happen to NEO CPS ( I mean proton) ...there's lot of debate and argument about proton qualities..when someone bashing proton then someone will defend proton, then another one defend the other one bashing..hahaha...btw i never had or bought brand new car...twice i bought 2nd hand car..thinking of Neo CPS now but getting scared of all the problemss..might delay my intention huhu...btw i think proton made a good handling car

Errmmmm.... I am not complaining but just want to know what might be the cause. Honestly I am happy with what I got. Honestly many of us forget the other part of car ownership.... that is to know it heart and soul. You know what makes the car happy~ you know how much throttle more you can give before the front or back gives way.... you know exactly how much force you need to close your hood shut....it's the tiny tiny characteristics that all us forget about what it actually means to own a car.

Now all must be perfect~ buy Jap car expect German tough engineering. Buy sedan want hot-hatch handling but fuel economy of a hybrid and millage of a diesel. Where can brudder~ Some people complaints just dont make sense.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i got what u mean..but whats the point if we buy new car but the car itself acting like a 2nd hand car...ironically it happen most on 1st batch production...someone might say it also happen to others manufacturer not only proton..if that the case maybe car manufacturer got ISO for 1st batch production line where problems are normal to certain extent... anyway white neo CPS looks cool hehe

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
i got what u mean..but whats the point if we buy new car but the car itself acting like a 2nd hand car...ironically it happen most on 1st batch production...someone might say it also happen to others manufacturer not only proton..if that the case maybe car manufacturer got ISO for 1st batch production line where problems are normal to certain extent... anyway white neo CPS looks cool hehe
Ok...valid reason but the problems of 2nd hand car is definitely more severe then what most have complained about. Like me I was driving a '96 Satria 1.6 (A) for the last 5 years and trust me when i got it, the millage was just 59,000KM...after 5 years and 200,000KM later the problems I had was insane~ 2 gearbox, 1 radiator, 1 top overhaul, 3 thermostats, 3 sets of engine mounts, 4 sets of tyres, 3 sets of rims, 6 blown fuses, 2 starters and 2 timing belts..... but guess what the aircond never gave up!

So....yes Proton has to certainly improve but they are much better now than 10 years ago. The best part~ the Neo is the most fun to drive in the whole price bracket. You want that in other marques you have to spend at least triple that amount. Think of it like how the Golf MK1 GTi was to the time it came out.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
hehe agree with u..but the best part of 2nd hand car is when something broken(which we expected) we can change to performance part....got an excuse to upgrade the car haha...btw how neo cps engine perform compared to city and swift (if u know)

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah..I have no regrets in getting the Neo and I truly enjoy driving it then my other car. Sometimes I just cant wait for the weekends just to take it out. :stupid::stupid::stupid:

And modding it is so much easier and cheaper as time goes and more competitive products in the market.

there may be kinks in our local cars and as Acmed has mentioned, once you have them ironed and familiarizing with its moods..its cool.

As for the price, its way cheaper than the City and Swift and handling is better I humbly say.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
im not saying this to be an as$ ,what you guys said above i wont deny...but protons safety is always questionable...and i think every1 will agree,when you buy a new car...you dont want to spend the 1st few months going in and out of the SC repairing the new car you have purchased.

i find that really unfair..paying a very high price too.This whole issue about protons is ridiculous..they have been in the market since 85 i think...and till today,their 1st batch of cars still have problems? how can they use customers as test dummies? it is unfair !

and just because the G wants the nation to support the local car industry..they overcharge import tax?? when all the other cars from japan are being sold at the same price and also cheaper at times compared to our local cars? to top it all off....they cant even sell a car that performs well at least for the 1st year without problems?not to forget how strong their body is in terms of safety during an accident and their braking system.

For us guys who knows how to ask around about cars or even have the time to go down to service centres most of the time,to get their car fixed,it might not seem so bad...how about others? who relies on the car everyday to earn a living and dont have time to repair the car.Or how about lady drivers? who dont have any1 to rely on to help them with all these car matters? how about mothers?

i think proton is really selfish and greedy...i rather buy a 10 year old jap car anytime then buying a new proton...ive owned a saga knight,waja,perdana,wira se.i think i had enough of protons.

im sorry if i offended any1.its not my intention.i just wish to share how i feel about protons and what i think about protons.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually there are problems with new cars, not necessary proton. somehow there are due to human error, machine error, mechanical failures etc etc etc...but car maker usually comes with a minimum warranty of 2yrs or 50000km(taking care of all the concerns). hassle in proton sc due to high volume of cars in & out daily from the sc. i believe appointment are made earlier will solve alot things easier.

i am grateful there are some who says proton air cond is great, proton handling is good, proton parts are easy to get and reasonable priced, proton built quality has improved etc...

generally ppl are saying proton quality sucks, proton is unfair, proton is selfish, proton is cheating etc etc etc, to me, the only ppl that can say that are those really experienced the hassle and the nonsense that happened to their cars. but it turned up, word of mouth are greater than media/press coverage........so many ppl even small kids can brag about how bad is proton....seriously its a great damage to our NATIONAL ICON......but somehow, most of the ppl who are blowing trumpets are not those who owned proton cars....they juz merely listening to ppl complaining and then start blowing their bloody trumpets around, i do encounter some, when i ask have u own a proton b4, no, riding a bike, driving a 120y, driving other make of cars....so is it fair? is it accurate or is it definite that proton is such inferior in product and quality?

some bro says ppl are damaging proton image and some are defending....its true...but if u see the volume of proton cars sold in malaysia vs other make are scale of 1:10, so the % of problematic cars are definitely higher compared to others...some sold bout 5k to 10k unit of cars a year..of coz la u don hear so much problem. proton owner usually wil thrashed their car hard, not changing the oil on time, ATF fluid never change then blame poor quality, gear spoilt la bla bla bla....

perodua also malaysian made, they do have problems, dont tell me their quality are so great until zero defects....ya, they can brag they got lowest defect/ error but its bullS**T, coz i knew ppl in perodua, proton big bosses are from perodua.....

honda, toyota, nissan, naza,hyundai, other marque..no prob? i don think so...but the mentality of ppl here are more nearer to "kiasu", my friend bought a honda city 1.5 vtec E spec...wow, rm90k wor....very glamour wor...one nite cannot start, dunno wiring or immobilizer, rescue team came and dunno wat to do, send to workshop, then troubleshoot still dunno...then change the whole alarm system....

naza peugeot no need to say more la..u guys can read thread in here....i personally listen to the frustration and anger from a happy but turned sad owner...

toyota unser, so thirsty and under power..nobody complaint...
naza ria - engine gasket burnt resulting in water sips into engine, nobody complaint..its a known fact....
honda city CVT - 7 speed.....fails after 100,000km and cost of changing one is rm27000.00
toyota vios - discounts been given more and more and more from month to month and outlet to outlet ended up selling bout price near to waja cps....if so selleable why throw prices?
nissan latio - problem with their engine mounting....defect which they are quietly calling back their customers...nobody knows rite?

all the above summarize that ppl who bought other cars, especially "LOCAL ASSEMBLED JAPANESE CARS" and not CBU/JDM cars.......always think their are more superior, so got problem of coz "diam diam la" coz "sudah beli" in chinese called "am tui liao"

those cars are assembled in malaysia too by who? by ppl in msia too..so the quality still very much similar.

proton offering 175000km warranty and if got problem go to them la....i believe it can be solve...for economical wise, comparing apple to apple, u can save easily rm10k to rm20k for purchasing a higher cc or even similar specs of car compared to other giant car maker.

toyota. honda, nissan are well known company, i don deny they made good quality cars...but to condemn proton is not the right solution...

work harder and if u r lucky guy, u can own good quality & luxury cars...but what about other average wage earner who need mode of transportation? they depend on proton to supply them lower/reasonable priced cars to fulfill their needs...so its one man meat and another man's poison...

juz my 2cents....no intention to flame anyone...saying what i need to say, being using proton all my life....u name the model, i used/drove before..so far so good..no problem at all....some minor minor problem i think its not anything to hoo haa about.....lets concentrate on work and improve our standard of living and buy ourselves a lexus, jaguar,mercedes, volvo and bmw......then the pampering starts....cheerz

Last edited:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
im not saying this to be an as$ ,what you guys said above i wont deny...but protons safety is always questionable...and i think every1 will agree,when you buy a new car...you dont want to spend the 1st few months going in and out of the SC repairing the new car you have purchased.

i find that really unfair..paying a very high price too.This whole issue about protons is ridiculous..they have been in the market since 85 i think...and till today,their 1st batch of cars still have problems? how can they use customers as test dummies? it is unfair !

and just because the G wants the nation to support the local car industry..they overcharge import tax?? when all the other cars from japan are being sold at the same price and also cheaper at times compared to our local cars? to top it all off....they cant even sell a car that performs well at least for the 1st year without problems?not to forget how strong their body is in terms of safety during an accident and their braking system.

For us guys who knows how to ask around about cars or even have the time to go down to service centres most of the time,to get their car fixed,it might not seem so bad...how about others? who relies on the car everyday to earn a living and dont have time to repair the car.Or how about lady drivers? who dont have any1 to rely on to help them with all these car matters? how about mothers?

i think proton is really selfish and greedy...i rather buy a 10 year old jap car anytime then buying a new proton...ive owned a saga knight,waja,perdana,wira se.i think i had enough of protons.

im sorry if i offended any1.its not my intention.i just wish to share how i feel about protons and what i think about protons.
i know what ur feeling man..sometimes we need to change our taste,not about new or old car..

it is about the car maker,long lasting,technology,maintenance cost and our satisfaction..

different makers,different problems..

but the main is,problem still there..:thumpdown:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yep...everyone has their valid points....but comparing to naza Kia or Hyundai...Proton service would seem good I feel. I have a Naza Ria and with the problems it has I dont know whether to burn it or keep hoping someone would steal it so I can claim insurance.

Horandous service, expensive parts and the waiting and waiting...sorry off topic....:boring::boring:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i know what ur feeling man..sometimes we need to change our taste,not about new or old car..

it is about the car maker,long lasting,technology,maintenance cost and our satisfaction..

different makers,different problems..

but the main is,problem still there..:thumpdown:
yup.....somehow agreed with u....but they have to be there to co-exist with other marque..at least ppl have choices...in term of budget and needs.

Bump:
Yep...everyone has their valid points....but comparing to naza Kia or Hyundai...Proton service would seem good I feel. I have a Naza Ria and with the problems it has I dont know whether to burn it or keep hoping someone would steal it so I can claim insurance.

Horandous service, expensive parts and the waiting and waiting...sorry off topic....:boring::boring:
the naza ria problem actually known even b4 its been re-badge from kia karnival, repair of the engine will cost you bout rm8k to rm10k from outside workshop.......sorry bro to hear that.

i seen improvement in proton not to say i so PRO proton...but to handle about 80 -100 cars a day in every branch service centre.....with complaints, service and repair...not easy task....somehow ppl juz cant get over the past bad experiences they had...come on, move on........

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Bro Evo,

You have raised some very interesting points on your post above which i wont deny.And i can assure you my post is based from experience. and i know how to take care of a car.about perodua im not sure,ive never owned a perodua.Im not saying other manufacturers 100% 0 defects,its just that if you buy a proton you EXPECT a defect.Defects aside,protons safety is something questionable right bro EvolutionZ?Have you gotten into an accident before in any of your protons? or has the brake failed you many times before?If it hasnt i truly think youre very lucky.
I still think their car is overpriced for what they offer compared to import cars.

Anyways, i hope just like most of the malaysians,proton will improve,and hopefully revamp their cars in the aspect of safety especially , then reliability.

Take care bro's...please forgive me if i offended anyone.

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
continental car makers got their record for common problem for every model they sold..

if dat problem is frequently happen on a same model,same thing spoil..

the dealers will give a call to customer to check depend on chassis numbers..

and change for customer for free even the problem still not occur!..:questionmark:

if proton practice dis,sure customer will love them eventhough the car have a problems..:rock:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of either buying a new BMW320d M-Sports @ BMW525 M-Sports (used) @ Fairlady 350z (used)

Can anyone share some opinion which car would you choose and why?

Reason for me to consider 320d M-Sport was because:
1- Fuel consumption vs high torque
2- Sporty
3- Bimmer
4- iDrive

Reason for me to consider 525i M-Sport was because:
1- Beautiful 6 potter
2- iDrive
3- My dream car

Reason for me to consider 350Z was because:
1- I want to try driving a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience