RON 97 or RON 95 for turbo?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
all the shell including all in PJ or KL..???:confused::hmmmm:
No lar... I think it's like what bvalve said. Out of stock!!!

Is all the shell station lock their ron97 pump or some shell station?

I think so...

reason i believe is out of stock coz i believe they are a lot of ppl pump full tank on the 31Aug b4 the pump price increase to rm2.05,that y make ron97 habis stock.
the ma add some RCL into ur petrol tank loo...
Bro, mind sharing more information about RCL... I dunno what's that...

How about them users in other countries? In d states some street tuned turbo vehicle (such as DSM) uses ron93, i read it in modified mag. Dunno bout the results/effects though... :biggrin:
Well, Maybe you are talking about AKI/RdON/PON 91-93 which is equivalent to RON 96-98. However, I've know ppl pumping in RON92 and mix it with racing methanol to increase the octane level of the fuel.

Or retune the A/F and ignition mapping of the ECU. But lazy wanna plunk in the wideband...

BTW, immediately finishing the RON95 and no boosting for 1 whole week... I pump in V-POWER RACING and start boosting heavily... Miss the Gss..... muahaha

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
actually, what sumbody quoted his mech has sum truth in his words. lower ron fuel burns hotter and quicker then higher ron fuel, the thing dat robs power is preignition dat occurs if u get the setting / tuning wrong. if u can get dat properly done, den i dont see y a lower ron fuel cannot provide more power. there r a lot of ways u can do to avoid preignition, so using a lower ron fuel isnt really a biggy.

ive been using the 95 for quite sumtime now, nuthing wrong wit my ride pun. power ade jer, the thing u need to is tune it to up to spec, tu jer..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
No lar... I think it's like what bvalve said. Out of stock!!!

Bro, mind sharing more information about RCL... I dunno what's that...

Well, Maybe you are talking about AKI/RdON/PON 91-93 which is equivalent to RON 96-98. However, I've know ppl pumping in RON92 and mix it with racing methanol to increase the octane level of the fuel.

Or retune the A/F and ignition mapping of the ECU. But lazy wanna plunk in the wideband...

BTW, immediately finishing the RON95 and no boosting for 1 whole week... I pump in V-POWER RACING and start boosting heavily... Miss the Gss..... muahaha
see for urself... how "HUGE" is the bluff there...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Even now i pump the ron97 dont know whether it the real thing.feels shitty and it feels like ron95.knn.ccb.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
actually, what sumbody quoted his mech has sum truth in his words. lower ron fuel burns hotter and quicker then higher ron fuel, the thing dat robs power is preignition dat occurs if u get the setting / tuning wrong. if u can get dat properly done, den i dont see y a lower ron fuel cannot provide more power. there r a lot of ways u can do to avoid preignition, so using a lower ron fuel isnt really a biggy.

ive been using the 95 for quite sumtime now, nuthing wrong wit my ride pun. power ade jer, the thing u need to is tune it to up to spec, tu jer..
Hmm... it's the thermal property of the fuel itself. No matter how much you retard the ignition timing and how rich u tune it, the flash point of the fuel is just lower as the RON goes lower. The pressure due to compression to cause premature ignition is lower.

see for urself... how "HUGE" is the bluff there...
??? I don't understand. Which part... Please specify...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I also wondering why suddenly jin tembak speed2horizon, can't find which part triggered it... hahaha
It's like common fuel addictive isn't it? Still got other user's review or not?
Even now also got malaysian made MINES SUSPENSION, brand name also cant be trusted...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I also wondering why suddenly jin tembak speed2horizon, can't find which part triggered it... hahaha
It's like common fuel addictive isn't it? Still got other user's review or not?
Even now also got malaysian made MINES SUSPENSION, brand name also cant be trusted...
hahahaa... technical prob....:adore::adore::adore:

the reallu HUGE Bluff is they claim that RCL is from USA, Made in USA... thats why i post a link inside there, the Torco official website... damn, u see onot, how that seller answer..?? walao ler... really big cock bluff...

YES, we are sure !
Its a SPECIAL FORMULATION which is not selling for direct consumer in the USA..

So, its a PRIVILEDGE for us as our DISTRIBUTOR has STRONG RELATIONS with TORCO USA !

TRY IT, NEVER TRY NEVER KNOW..
KAITENAZ RACING has plenty of USERS for the TORCO RCL ...

wat the hell...:banghead::banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hahahaa... technical prob....:adore::adore::adore:

the reallu HUGE Bluff is they claim that RCL is from USA, Made in USA... thats why i post a link inside there, the Torco official website... damn, u see onot, how that seller answer..?? walao ler... really big cock bluff...

YES, we are sure !
Its a SPECIAL FORMULATION which is not selling for direct consumer in the USA..

So, its a PRIVILEDGE for us as our DISTRIBUTOR has STRONG RELATIONS with TORCO USA !

TRY IT, NEVER TRY NEVER KNOW..
KAITENAZ RACING has plenty of USERS for the TORCO RCL ...

wat the hell...:banghead::banghead:
COMMON... We're living in a AUTOMOTIVE WORLD FULL OF COMPETITION... And fuel price is also being more and more competitive each and everyday... ALL PETROLEUM company have been spending billions of dollars trying to make their fuel as efficient/cheap as possible. And I believe that they have alsready done their best so far...

If adding these addictives from a company that is not even a UNFORTUNE 10000000000XXX, into the fuel and it'll increase the efficiency of the fuel, Why not PETRONAS being a FORTUNE 500 company thought of it..? They should have just bought it and include into their R&D and fuel formulation....

So... Same goes to the whatever fuel saver/ionizer/air charger etc etc etc...
If this thing really works... Automotive manufacturer would have done it on their last 50 models. Something that cost RM250 to be included into the engine bay and they can sell the car with a "FUEL SAVING CAR" moto and sell it for RM500 more...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Waa... suddenly from octane rating to oil additives?

just recently poured one additives into my engine.... so long being skeptical but after researching for this product for any false advertising claims, so far none whatsoever even in the US Federal Trade Commision website

p/s: i don't want to name the product because not risking to advertise here :adore:

Sep 12, 2009
Jakarta
Brothers/Sisters,
My posting is a little out of synch with the topic. I am a Malaysian but work & live in Jakarta. You know how bad the traffic can be...perpetual traffic jam. I am being provided with a Mitsubishi Grandis (mivec 2.4) and the car runs on Pertamax (Pertamina RON 92) without any problem. In fact it is the RON recommended by Mitsubishi Indonesia. It is only recently they introduced RON 95 (highest grade and they call it Pertamax Plus). I think we are being too overly concern with RON 92, 95 or 97 or V-Power in Malaysia. If cost per kilometer is the main consideration, then go for RON 92, and the newer engines can take it as good as the older engines.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Brothers/Sisters,
My posting is a little out of synch with the topic. I am a Malaysian but work & live in Jakarta. You know how bad the traffic can be...perpetual traffic jam. I am being provided with a Mitsubishi Grandis (mivec 2.4) and the car runs on Pertamax (Pertamina RON 92) without any problem. In fact it is the RON recommended by Mitsubishi Indonesia. It is only recently they introduced RON 95 (highest grade and they call it Pertamax Plus). I think we are being too overly concern with RON 92, 95 or 97 or V-Power in Malaysia. If cost per kilometer is the main consideration, then go for RON 92, and the newer engines can take it as good as the older engines.
maybe some of us who transplant engines direct from Japan hafkat built during Japan peak economy were worried...

think B16A (Honda EK model), 4AGE (Toyota AE1x1 model), JB series (Daihatsu Mira/Move L5/L6 model) etc.... were built during times based heavily on their RON rating (which can be as high as RON100)...

luckily my JB series engine were proven can run RON92 without a hitch! Read it once on a UK Daihatsu enthusiast website...

p/s: hope ur alrite there in jakarta when this crisis 'sweeping' there (pun intended). No need to reply this, afraid might throw dis topic off course.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Brothers/Sisters,
After sitting in air con bus for so long how to revert back to bus with open windows?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience