ECU electronic component question.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, Guys
I understand that for those normal electronic component life spand will stand at around 5 yrs , how is our car ecu ?? is it same ??
Capasitors inside ecu was the first commom part to faulty, is it have any idea to prevent or either to prolong those electronic component life spand ?
Can we exchange those capasitors before part go wrong ??
Pl advise .. thanks. :stupido2:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks master ...

Besides this method, is there have other way to prevent ?? Pls advise .. Thanks.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Well, electroni components quit dificult to tell, not like mechanic.

Perhap, change to "Local ECU" or prgrammable ecu, the stock ecu for the backup!

or change back to "Old System", carburettor version, contact point...ha..ha..ha

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
So, master Leow .

my engine is still stock, just go to basic upgrade for intake and outlet; what benefit can I gain if I go to local ecu ?? Pls advise .. Thanks.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
You quote
"my engine is still stock, just go to basic upgrade for intake and outlet; what benefit can I gain if I go to local ecu"

Depend, some body like to upgrade from one coil system to twin coil system( waste sparks system, like Mitsubishi ). This may increase some torque and power.

You can play on flat shift (gear change ignition, Motec M600) if you run on 0 to 400

If you have turbo system, you can play with anti-lag system.

You know, to get a use stock ecu is not easy and expensive ( not upgrade ), around RM 800.00 ( may be mivec version ) , RM 1000.00 - 1400.00 ( may be GSR version ).

Then, by the time you add AFC, ITC, you may end up a lot of money.

So, buy "Local ECU" . Mr. Manan (aliyatech) did mention it will cost something like Haltech ( programmable engine management ).

Should some one press the bell ("Morning Call") to Mr. Manan..he...he...he

He is slow....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Boyzone,
If you drive a stock engine, I think you need not bother with the engine ECU.

You might want to hop-up the hardware before going into the software.

ECUpro,
If the local programable engine ECU price is going to be similar to Haltech ,I think people would prefer Haltech.

For example, Hyundai Sonata and HOnda Accord. If both car same price, which car will the average M'sian choose? Answer is quite simple.

That is why Hyundai price is lower and with better specs in order to compete against Honda.

I do hope local ECU will be succesfully developed because imported ones do cost a pretty penny.

But again IMHO, if the price is same or just slightly lower, I'd prefer the imported one.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
my engine is mivec, is quite hard to get the aftermarket performance parts to replace, especially I'm staying in Penang.
BTW, I not perfer to 1.8 mivec due to my car chasis is under 1.3 category.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
You quote:
"If the local programable engine ECU price is going to be similar to Haltech ,I think people would prefer Haltech."

Bro, i am talking local ecu which is Benchmark M600 (Mr.Manan product) and support by his team ( in Malaysia ). If anything "kong", you only send it to K.L for repair, right, Mr. Manan. Joeker, hopefully, Mr. Manan can say something....

You quote:

" For example, Hyundai Sonata and HOnda Accord. If both car same price, which car will the average M'sian choose? Answer is quite simple.

That is why Hyundai price is lower and with better specs in order to compete against Honda."

Well, i think not much Hyundai on the road, and for second value....very bad,right.
For handerind and ivtec engine....it is GOOD and for long run...i think, he will safe a lot of fuel. You know, for next year, fuel will be......he...he...he.
By the time, engine become electrical motor.....ha....ha....ha

You quote

"I do hope local ECU will be succesfully developed because imported ones do cost a pretty penny."

Yes, you are right.

You quote
"But again IMHO, if the price is same or just slightly lower, I'd prefer the imported one."

Bro, again, Mr Manan's local ecu is benchmark M600, he should be more superior that imported one or Haltech or Microtech. What do you think, joeker.

For my product, off cause, far far lower than others ( 8051 family..ha..ha...ha ) and low price.
Anyway, it work...he....he....he

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Boyzone,
THere are alot of performance parts for MIVEC and they need not necesarily imported.

If you look around the car mod section, you'll find alot of tips on modding MIVECs using DIY and local expertise.

I think a very common mod for MIVEC is to use the Proton SOHC 1.6 Auto Piston which gives very hi-compression.

ANyway, ask around the car mod section.

Professor ECU,
Another example. Genuine Ipoh Kuey Teow "Hor Hee" RM3.00 / bowl. KL Kuey Teow Hor Hee copycat Ipoh style also RM3.00 / bowl.

I think answer to this also quite simple.

Anyway, I just curious to know how many of your Protech ECU you've sold so far?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
For older Mitsu ECUs (those in gold / bronze casing), the capacitors WILL LEAK! My A/T TCU caps leaked 3 times and fried it. Newer Mitsu ECUs (in grey casing) do not have this problem.

I've since replaced with ECU and TCU with newer grey casing ones (costs me a bomb because chop shop don't even carry them and have to place order and wait for 3-4 months). And... always get the Mitsu part number.

In my case, the ECU is MD169547 and TCU is MD740430. This means, ECU is VR4 220ps, 1993 model. TCU is for VR4 4WD A/T, 1993 model.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
casing will have a different ?? how about mivec 7035 ecu ?? what's color is it ??

Joeker,
Thanks for a advise... I will look for it at mod sectiuon.

BTW, actually have how many local ecu in our market right now ?? I know protect is one of the hot item , how about the other ?? Pls advise .. Thanks.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
You quote:
"Another example. Genuine Ipoh Kuey Teow "Hor Hee" RM3.00 / bowl. KL Kuey Teow Hor Hee copycat Ipoh style also RM3.00 / bowl.

I think answer to this also quite simple."

Well, i am not sure what you mean here!

But, KFC and MacDonald in Malaysia are the same price at all the branch,right....he....he...he

boyzone,

For local ecu, so far....only one. have to wait Mr. Manan (aliyatech) product which benchmark M600.

If i am not mistaken, 1994, i made for my own use, using microprocessor,Z-80,eprom and some logic gate for my Proton, Iswara 1.5 ( i will try do find it and take a photo and post it )
Then, i met friend's of friend, even better so call, using Intel 486. But so far, no news. ( you konw, every body like to "Blow Water" )

Then, pcb ( printed circuit board ) re-design again, still using Z-80 and again..( pic will be comming up...soon....he...he...he....my history )

Ar...let me check my spread sheet and let you guy know how many my product lying around....he....he...he....

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
ok, class, quiet please..

Protech-I, born in August,2002.
Due to friend....ask...story going on here.....and finally,,,,

Protech-I, May,2003 to 2004, qty lying on the market is 27

Protech-II, born in Jan,2005. From 2005 to 2006, qty is 17

I repeat, 44.......44........ar......include my self...is 45......

I repeat, is...45.....he.....he......he

Two more units going out.......men....Not counted.....I repeat....NOT COUNTed..
( he...he...he....not receive money yet )

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
if the price is in reasonable range, I think will become hot item in the market ... right ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I don't know how to explain this but I feel that my 4 wheels like went in abit .. that makes my car look abit weird .. the other day I park my car at somewhere beside there is a Wira .. I check his wheels and mine his of course look better and fierce .. because his wheels fit perfectly .. why is this? Different absorbers & springs combination different result? I also saw some satrias same as mine. I never done before any screw setting becos my front don't come with the screw.

can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience