Questions about ECU

error0024

Dec 17, 2013
Johor Bahru
Dear ZTH members,

I would like to ask regarding the ECU. I recently had just did a remap and reached about 164.5BHP Wheels power which is on dyno. Before the remap was around 140BHP+ wheels power.
The current car I am using and driving is BMW X1 xdrive 20d, which they state 184BHP engine I guess, so my current concern is that it seems my car is abnormal before remap. I think i lost the remap settings too, seems like power went down as I tried 0-100 on that day of remap was 7.4s, but it dropped to 8.5s now which is even worse than the stock/factory 0-100 which is rated at 8.1

Thanks,
please look at the dyno chart below for my before and after.

Cheers, hope someone will reach me and clear my doubts.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since this is a BMW, I'm pretty sure the remap costed you an arm and a leg. Why not go back to the fella who you paid so much to do this and ask them?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
first of all...

HP/TQ rated by manufacturer was all from flywheel...

which if u get your calculator ready...just around 75-80% from that amount gets delivered to the wheel.... the rest goes missing as sound, friction and heat in the transmission....

184hp X 0.75 = 138hp which when dyno u got around 140hp was absalutely spot on.....

a remap usually comes with increase of boost, more fuelling and more injector firing timing..perhaps u need to double check your new map....maybe too aggressive and losing power

error0024

Dec 17, 2013
Johor Bahru
first of all...

HP/TQ rated by manufacturer was all from flywheel...

which if u get your calculator ready...just around 75-80% from that amount gets delivered to the wheel.... the rest goes missing as sound, friction and heat in the transmission....

184hp X 0.75 = 138hp which when dyno u got around 140hp was absalutely spot on.....

a remap usually comes with increase of boost, more fuelling and more injector firing timing..perhaps u need to double check your new map....maybe too aggressive and losing power
@Izso

Hello Izso,

I will check out with the remapper. I did ask him though but he told me that there's no way remap will be changed or something. So it could be different, and each dyno costs me 250 >.<

@pomen_GTR
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, woah that's really a big decrease though but i guess I have to live with it. Somehow, I will check with the remapper ..

Thanks alot for everything :wavey:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How actually did you remap your ECU, using piggy back ECU or direct mapping into the original ECU?
If using piggy back, then it might be possible that your ECU relearn back the original mapping hence in practice bypassing the modified map from your piggy back. That's why now it returns back to like before.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My VR4 have 3 ECU variations. 240, 220 and 200bhp model. My base is the 200bhp model but broke down after 1 year. Got another unit which is the 220bhp model and this ECU can add chip but did not do it. 240 one not compatible with my 200 engine....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need war game air gun, pls pm me the cheapest price i can get. i interest to own 1 of this. i wan to shoot theives la.

war game expert pls come in

i also wan to buy the backup siren or something that can prevent alarm works even disconnect the battery.

pls pme me where to get and who got sell also can pm me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience