RPM went wrong.HELP~!!!

pheonix_comet

Aug 9, 2006
Dear all Sifu,

Please help. My situation is like this.

I drive my car on Saturday night. Drive on heavy foot cause rush to airport. (all gear change is at 5k RPM)
When i almost reach airport, i change my gear to free (Neutral). Suddenly i notice that the RPM went crazy... is like jumping up and down, then the engine went dead.... (RPM 1k to 4K, then to 2K, then 5K, then 0.)
All the way to home i cannot free gear, once free, the RPM went crazy again.
When i got home, i try to start the car when its hard to start. i left it for a while .. able to start, then i try to push on the pedal to 2-3k rpm, still ok, when push to 5-6k rpm, the same issue happen.
I went to mechanic, they say is the carburator stuck, my fren tell me is the distribtor problem.
On sunday morning, i start again still ok. went out for a run, everythings went fine. i try to push the padel till3-4k rpm, things went well. then i went crusing around my neighbourhood, the problem comes again.
This morning still ok.
Its like once then engine got hot, it will have the problem.

Please help.

Thanks

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wahahahahaha sounds exactly like my old twin carb. the problem was the carb itself. was totally deteriorated so the right mix of air/fuel wasnt happening...funniest thing is when i went to pump petrol...i turned off the engine and it was still running...i went to pay for petrol and the fuel attendant said "can please turn off the engine? sounds like yr engine a little wierd" and i showed him my keys in my hand and showed him my ignition key hole empty he just ternganga only....cos the engine was still running and idling irreglularly

then in the mornings i had to warm the engine to normal operating temps before even going into D to move on or it'll die off...i used to have to put it into N and rev to stop it from dying...

so the morale of the story is...check yr carb assy cos its most prolly there...another morale of the story...dun ever ever touch twin carb engine hahaha

pheonix_comet

Aug 9, 2006
so far after i change my fuel filter. things seems like ok.. still monitoring.

Thanks all sifus

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i was on ebay looking things for my car and i was wondering do "resistor chips"actually work? i dont want turbo on my 240sx because too expensive.. the chip only costs 15 american.. buy or no?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience