Regarding neo cps front strut bar

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, thats what I heard too. Cps have wider track. Wide front track surely will help to prevent oversteer. T1R not a good tyre for touge (im using it currently). Inflate it around 28-32psi will help it grip a bit but u'll lose the steering feedback (since the sidewall is too soft). If u set at 33-35psi, u will get better steering feedback but u will lose the grip.
You might want better suspension for more "fun". Just my 3 cents though.
Currently for this 195/50R16 size, T1r can consider as the best in the market d as compared to the current conti MC5. Cause if I were to take 205/45R16 (more choices of UHP tires), the wheelgap will definitely increase and I wont be getting an adjustable so soon due to warranty issue. Tough choice for me.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
actually front track of neo cps is narrower than rear....previous neo is more balanced track width......

narrower front track = understeer

because less mechanical grip at front...

especially with such short body car (old satria and myvi applied to this also) any mid corner lift-of will prone to oversteer.... plus since neo suspension is stock tuned using lotus method...it will show more mid-lift oversteer effect which can be dangerous to normal/basic driver....
sure for more advanced driver this we called factory downgrade and boring....

so in my satria (1st gen) utilize the already big front arb just swap the arb linkage from lower arm linked-type into absorber-linked type...as well as rear 19mm arb upgrade....

the car changed so much that i had to reduce my adjustable suspension spring rate from 6k front/4k rear with 4k front/3k rear...... now my carhandle and comfort like a proper lotus... :biggrin:

fast in= pure grip,too fast in will induce understeer...just lift off, the tail will correct itself killing the understeer and induce 4wheel sliding....just add throttle input to regain neutral control and exit the corner.......BUT...it was no easy task...require practice on track and proper learning guide....

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
actually front track of neo cps is narrower than rear....previous neo is more balanced track width......

narrower front track = understeer

because less mechanical grip at front...

especially with such short body car (old satria and myvi applied to this also) any mid corner lift-of will prone to oversteer.... plus since neo suspension is stock tuned using lotus method...it will show more mid-lift oversteer effect which can be dangerous to normal/basic driver....
sure for more advanced driver this we called factory downgrade and boring....

so in my satria (1st gen) utilize the already big front arb just swap the arb linkage from lower arm linked-type into absorber-linked type...as well as rear 19mm arb upgrade....

the car changed so much that i had to reduce my adjustable suspension spring rate from 6k front/4k rear with 4k front/3k rear...... now my carhandle and comfort like a proper lotus... :biggrin:

fast in= pure grip,too fast in will induce understeer...just lift off, the tail will correct itself killing the understeer and induce 4wheel sliding....just add throttle input to regain neutral control and exit the corner.......BUT...it was no easy task...require practice on track and proper learning guide....
Great sharing you have there.

There was once I took a right 180 deg turn with half throttle and the moment i lift off, it felt as tho my car was gonna buang and then I quickly add a little throttle to gain back some grip.

Hoping a change to better tires would improve my handling limits lol

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Currently for this 195/50R16 size, T1r can consider as the best in the market d as compared to the current conti MC5. Cause if I were to take 205/45R16 (more choices of UHP tires), the wheelgap will definitely increase and I wont be getting an adjustable so soon due to warranty issue. Tough choice for me.
Go for tyres first, if you don't mind the looks, handling will greatly improve on 205/45R16.....:driver:

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Go for tyres first, if you don't mind the looks, handling will greatly improve on 205/45R16.....:driver:
Yeap, currently opting for either t1r, eagle f1 d5 or nitto neogen since year end tire promotion is coming soon :burnout:

Hopefully the extra 5mm gap wouldn't be too obvious

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeap, currently opting for either t1r, eagle f1 d5 or nitto neogen since year end tire promotion is coming soon :burnout:

Hopefully the extra 5mm gap wouldn't be too obvious
The Nitto looks awesome......:driver:
Yah! close one eye first until can get full adjustable.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ermmm..if u afraid to test tyre brand to brand...

or next after upgrade the tyre, i highly recommend u to upgrade front and rear anti-roll bar (a.k.a sway bar) take two step bigger than stock....even with stock suspension also it will work wonder....especially if u afraid when using adjustable suspension would make the comfort gone...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well,the car is not that comfortable to begin with.
For me,i will avoid adjustable as i cant live with a super firm car everyday.ARB is enough.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
And T1R is from Japan but way cheaper. I might opt for eagle f1 d5, sounds promising :biggrin:0
Toyo tyres have to start checking where they are made from as Toyo now have factory in Malaysia, and they are producing some models here already....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

or next after upgrade the tyre, i highly recommend u to upgrade front and rear anti-roll bar (a.k.a sway bar) take two step bigger than stock....even with stock suspension also it will work wonder....especially if u afraid when using adjustable suspension would make the comfort gone...
He more worried of voiding warranty......:biggrin:

wwilliamm

Jul 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Well,the car is not that comfortable to begin with.
For me,i will avoid adjustable as i cant live with a super firm car everyday.ARB is enough.
Toyo tyres have to start checking where they are made from as Toyo now have factory in Malaysia, and they are producing some models here already....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

He more worried of voiding warranty......:biggrin:
Actually I don't intend to replace the stock ARB because the stock ARB size is well suited to match Neo's chassis.

Regarding the warranty issue I might actualy take back my words haha..just waiting for enough budget to go for adjustable.

But at the meantime Imma learn how my car handles in stock form first before upgrading.

Like the saying goes, there is no point driving a stage 3 car without proper driving skills lol :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually I don't intend to replace the stock ARB because the stock ARB size is well suited to match Neo's chassis.

Regarding the warranty issue I might actualy take back my words haha..just waiting for enough budget to go for adjustable.

But at the meantime Imma learn how my car handles in stock form first before upgrading.

Like the saying goes, there is no point driving a stage 3 car without proper driving skills lol :driver:
Yup, know your stock handling first then can tell difference later when change.....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
stock car can be fun on the track too...atleast nowadays there is plenty of trackday at affordable rate... where we can push our car to the limit without worrying too much breaking road law...