proton wira 1.6Xli

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
i'm interest & plan 2 get a wira 1.6 A/B!mayb in coming few mths, mayb a ME (millenium edition)

so wish 2 do a bit survey on it!

is it worth 2 get it???

any problem on it???

a/b or salon better???

any problem on either the car body or the 4G92 SOHC ???

for conversion later to a DOHC, any hassle???

or direct get a DOHC (conversed by previous owner)???

Last edited:

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
i'm also on the hunt for this...but sedan model la...a/b model very berat...or so i was told anyways :)

I was wondering...has enyone been to these car auctions b4?? i always see auction notices in the NST...

where do those cars come from? i mean is it like repo cars, or....really trashed crap that couldnt possibly sell.....haha!

would appreciate comments on this.

thanks!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
anyway, i managed to get a Wira 1.6Xli instead, cost me Rm30k in Kuching. Overall, much much better than what the Wira 1.5 had to offer but sadly it is in Auto Tranny form but the great thing is that it has 4 speed tranny as opposed to the stupidly developed 3-speed auto for the 1.5 Wira!! Acceleration is much better, it spotted also electronic adjustable side mirror, but no flip function, over drive button, power and economy button, glass holder, 14" sports rims, rear disc brakes YEEHAAA!!. But the downside, the auto tranny gear box need intense care as I had heard most Wir 1.6 owner had their gearbox blown due to less maintainance. Best is to change the gearbox oil and filter together with engine oil everytime you send for servicing.

But this car has a weird steering feel as compared to Wira 1.5

bob apexi

May 23, 2005
kepong
i own an aerobek 1.6.....change the gearbox to perdana after gearbox kong for the second time....watch out for the gearbox la....dont use the overdrive to often....

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
don't use the OD?? why??

one of the weak parts in the 1.6 autobox is the torque converter...damn teeth always hancur...leaving u wondering why u suddenly have no drive when u wanna move off from a traffic light.......urgh...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
i still finding for the Thomas Cup edition for the wira 1.6Xli.
So few.

TheGunner

Mar 4, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
I used to have a 1996 1.6A at home, and I can say it was hell of a good car. It may only be a humble Wira, but she can run. I have been driving her eversince I got my license in 2001, and the car was passed on to me after my parents got an Iswara 1.5A in 2003.

The car felt very powerful, picks up speed and cruising is effortless. Stopping power is also impressive, thanks to the 4-disc brakes. She didn't feel like an aging car.

However, my parents decided to trade her in last month for a Waja, leaving me with the Iswara.

With that, I not only downgraded to a less powerful car, I also downgraded to one that is falling apart.

Before this, I already knew I had a damn good car in the 1.6A. Now I appreciate her even more.

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
johndoe said:
i still finding for the Thomas Cup edition for the wira 1.6Xli.
So few.
got any idea how many car available last time for thomas cup edition!!!
i oso interest on this edition!!!!apart from millenium edition!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just bought an used gen2 2 weeks ago, and i've installed front and rear strut bars, that makes the handling far better. k&n drop in filter and tufoil oil additive, makes the acceleration more responsive. any other recommendation for daily use? thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience