proton wira 1.6XLI

yswong67

Mar 27, 2006
To all bros here,

I have a prob here on my wira 1.6 because 1 day I noticed the engine eat up engine oil nearly to dry. Because I nt using it frequent since was my ex-wife using.

Is it the engine K.O. already? since I notice at exhaust pipe outside there was like a black mud something, might b engine oil came out from it.

Before I off other places, I added the X1R engine treament + semi-syn engine oil into, dont know it works or nt.

Any bro can give suggestion?

Thanks a million!:love:

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
do try check on ur Engine if there is any leakage around the block/head gap, where the gasket is. Most probably ur gasket is giving out, and leakage of engine oil there.

Usually if eat engine oil, either is change the gasket( if u notice got leakage) or need to overhaul already. Anyhow, do bring it to a few mechanics to verify the problem.

yswong67

Mar 27, 2006
dear bro xin,

Thanks for the info, usually for this model as i thought might b more reliable than 1.5 model but then hard to believe 1.6 engine can come to this prob.

Also my monthly fuel almost used up nearly RM400, no rev jus normal drive as tis car is totally without modify or upgrade anything. Also sometime I can felt my gearbox also choking to 3th gear for 1-2 sec after back normal drive.

So jus wan to ask u bro, wira 1.8 engine n gear box wil it b more reliable compare to 1.6?

I had in my mind whether wanna upgrade for this model or not, since thy cant tahan tis car eat fuel like drinking water.:confused:

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
I am not sure about the reliability but i own a 1.6satria manual too and was driving it with normal service and did not pose any problem for the first 2-3years. The following year would be normal wear and tear such as bushes, timing belts, clutchset, aircond service and etc. So according to my opinion, 1.6engine is a reliable engine to me with moderate fuel consumption, as for now latest clocked is rm50 could get me 250km plus or minus.

About the choking part, did you serviced your TB? Cause the airflow sensor would also make the car chokes. So my advise is to better get it checked by mechanics and let them list down the problems. Try ask a few different mechanics to makesure first. Estimate the cost needed to repair it. If it is over your budget, then may consider changing car to save the hassle.

About 1.8engine, basically 1.6 and 1.8 shares most of the same parts as they comes from 4g9x based block. So they are actually the same and the differences is just on the displacement and the cam (sohc or doch). Thus the maintenance for a 1.8 is fairly the same as a 1.6. IMO, 1.8 would be a reliable engine if kept well maintained.

boy...

Known Member
Sep 19, 2007
I am not sure about the reliability but i own a 1.6satria manual too and was driving it with normal service and did not pose any problem for the first 2-3years. The following year would be normal wear and tear such as bushes, timing belts, clutchset, aircond service and etc. So according to my opinion, 1.6engine is a reliable engine to me with moderate fuel consumption, as for now latest clocked is rm50 could get me 250km plus or minus.

About the choking part, did you serviced your TB? Cause the airflow sensor would also make the car chokes. So my advise is to better get it checked by mechanics and let them list down the problems. Try ask a few different mechanics to makesure first. Estimate the cost needed to repair it. If it is over your budget, then may consider changing car to save the hassle.

About 1.8engine, basically 1.6 and 1.8 shares most of the same parts as they comes from 4g9x based block. So they are actually the same and the differences is just on the displacement and the cam (sohc or doch). Thus the maintenance for a 1.8 is fairly the same as a 1.6. IMO, 1.8 would be a reliable engine if kept well maintained.
yeah bro....agree what u saying....actually 1.6 is a good engine....depend the condition only:proud:

yswong67

Mar 27, 2006
bro replay,

well although i seldom drive wira due to my workstation in brunei. So mostly is my mom in law n my wife. Well, thy did change auto oil about 20k once n engine oil 5k once, so overall thy did maintain basic service.

As bro xin jus mentioned to me tat if normal service routine checked will keep in good condition.

Since tis wira was never do any upgrading so tat why til masih tahan-tahan. tis wira almost more than 13 yrs running at 130,000km til now

yswong67

Mar 27, 2006
Since I jus add the engine oil recently becoz the engine eat up the oil, so mayb running another 1k c how its goes. Becaoz I remember I service my car nearby workshop by myself so I knew it well. Possible if change air filter wil slove it? Wel, mayb I tel mechanic c how its goes..

Usually gear box seldom KO if jus normal drive is it? Since I knew proton had their gearbox prob all the time.

peliknye

Known Member
Jun 21, 2007
sharing info..

mine also 1.6engine.
badlly to say coz i also change transmision to manual coz standard Auto gearbox so problematic.

mine also hv a problem with head leaking..

huh.. :mad:

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
sharing info..

mine also 1.6engine.
badlly to say coz i also change transmision to manual coz standard Auto gearbox so problematic.

mine also hv a problem with head leaking..

huh.. :mad:
izzit cam cover or metal gasket leaking? if cam cover that ok lor just replace the rubber, but if metal gasket check ur pocket la bro, maybe rm400 buck fly away... hehe:biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently visited a muffler shop in sunway and realised that i was spoilt for choice, there are just so many types of mufflers available. i already have an extractor and mid section installed (2.3) on my 1.8 putra. could someone tell me what i should be looking out for/consider before purchasing a muffler?
and what are the main differences between imported ones ($$$) and locally produced ones ($)?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience