Visit site
good work for the Waja R3... next up?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
faisal said:
The R3 Street Shoot Out in Batu Kawan was sponsored by Proton Edar, Yokohama and many others.

Proton through R3 is doing it's level best to promote Motorsports by bringing Time Attack and Drift Challenge to the public.

The Waja FR was to showcase the engineering abilities of R3. It also creates an exciting image for Proton cars.

For those without any ideas of the car business/ marketing would say it is a waste of money. It is not. If it was, companies like BMW, Daimler Chrysler, Honda Malaysia wouldn't be spending millions through motorsports to build their brand.

Peugeot and Citoen compete in the WRC. Are there 4wd turbo charged Citroen Xsara and Peugeot for sale to the general public? NO

People like 4AGZE and Bridgestone RE711 should just keep their mouth shut if they do not have comments that are worth posting.

And the cost of the Waja FR is lot cheaper than you think. A waste of money it is not.

Well said. Well said.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Khorne said:
Like you mentioned about Citreon and Peugeot, I hardly believe that Hyundai and Skoda have road going 4WD turbocharged sports sedan's for the general market...
But Hyundai got Accent RX-S wooo :tongue: ...HUGE airscoop means got BIG turbine inside...huhuhuhu sure can do 0-100 in 5 seconds I'll bet my kucing kurap on it...

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
prozac said:
But Hyundai got Accent RX-S wooo :tongue: ...HUGE airscoop means got BIG turbine inside...huhuhuhu sure can do 0-100 in 5 seconds I'll bet my kucing kurap on it...
How about Honda with their limited edition Civic 2.0 Automatic Merdeka Millenium Endurance overall champion edition ??? Did they manage to sell them all off cause they sure can't bank on their Overall champion status anymore cause R3 Lotus Exige 300RR won this years race... no PUN INTENDED...

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Khorne said:
How about Honda with their limited edition Civic 2.0 Automatic Merdeka Millenium Endurance overall champion edition ??? Did they manage to sell them all off cause they sure can't bank on their Overall champion status anymore cause R3 Lotus Exige 300RR won this years race... no PUN INTENDED...

if honda bring in NSX-Rgt?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
TypicalGuy said:
if honda bring in NSX-Rgt?
Then good loh...
But the sad thing is Honda Malaysia don't sell NSX...
The Civic is a marketing thingy...

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Khorne said:
Then good loh...
But the sad thing is Honda Malaysia don't sell NSX...
The Civic is a marketing thingy...
wah u no sleep yet wan ar..
hebat.....

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
faisal said:
Peugeot and Citoen compete in the WRC. Are there 4wd turbo charged Citroen Xsara and Peugeot for sale to the general public? NO
i tought for a car to compete in WRC, the have to go thru 'homologation' process (not sure bout the spelling), like having at least 1000 units of the same basic specification.

just like what happened to celica GT4 last time, they withdrew it during it glorious time because no such model available on the market and later they replace it with corolla.

but like proton pert wira 4wd, the model is considered a close cousin to mitsu lancer, so it share the homologation of lancer evo

any one can clear me on this homologation?

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
in WRC nowadays u dun need to build 1000 units of cars to homologate it. as long as the base car is derived from a production car, its very loose interpretation.

example, suzuki doesnt need to build 1000 units of its swift in 2.0 turbo 4wd version, but it can still enter WRC next year. and its probably still gonna be called a Swift WRC

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
suchap69 said:
i tought for a car to compete in WRC, the have to go thru 'homologation' process (not sure bout the spelling), like having at least 1000 units of the same basic specification.

just like what happened to celica GT4 last time, they withdrew it during it glorious time because no such model available on the market and later they replace it with corolla.

but like proton pert wira 4wd, the model is considered a close cousin to mitsu lancer, so it share the homologation of lancer evo

Your reffering to the old Group A where an exact model of 2500 must be produced to compete in Group A and N.

For The WRC regs it's slightly different .

To quote the FIA Article 255 -" A World Rally Car is a variant of a fixed model car, previously homologated in Group A and must therefore be assembled like a Group A vehicle."

In other words as long as manufacturer has a family of car, it can add turbo, 4wd and go WRC. Sounds simple but all the add ons must be homologated, powertrain, drivetrain, aero and so on.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
suchap69 said:

the celica gt4 ran under the GROUP A rules, which did require manufacturers to build road going versions of their cars.
Btw, toyota didnt withdraw under "Glorious" conditions. They got banned by FIA for cheating. After the ban, the corolla re-entered under the new WRCar rules, to encourage more manufacturers to enter, which is why we never saw a 4wd turbo corolla.

proton could get mitsu to homologate their evo as a proton pert because of the relationship between proton and mitsu. Of course, quite a bit of of money had to be paid to mitsu i'm sure. This allowed proton to get away without building the 2,500 prod. cars required for grp. A.

Last edited:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
prozac said:
Yeah man. Power and looks. Damn I want one. Freaking awesome.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
no offense but i still think it would be more appropriate to call it an r3 nissan waja... :)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Hawke said:
no offense but i still think it would be more appropriate to call it an r3 nissan waja... :)
You don't see the Yamaha-designed 2ZZ Toyota-engined Lotus Elise 111R being called a Lotus-Toyota-Yamaha do you??

The Waja FR was designed-engineered-built by RaceRallyResearch hence the unofficial name of R3 Waja. In the future the car will be known as Waja SSO in the vein of the Satria, Putra and Elise SSO vehicles.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys n gurls need your information and opinion..recently i just read an advertisment on hypertune magazine(january) thats GAB can repair our absorbers standard using src technology is it worth it...or i just bought a new absorbers which one you all prefers ? sorry for my writing ...my english is not good hehehe......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience