• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Crash said:
I have to agree with you there la, bro. There's always some negative party that tries to put you down no matter what you do, out of spite and envy.

People who can't wait to see you fail or fall. Who'd laugh and say "I told you so". And these are people who merely watch from the sidelines all the while.

Sad but true. Grr.

Oh wtf, let's bash some more!
Ya , Bash Bash Bash...

You have to lurve these people don't ya??

People do, they bash. People don't do, they bash. People do and when they fail they bash even more.... all while sitting in the sidelines...
Didnt' anybody tell these people Life is not a spectator sport.

As Tiresmoke says " that's y many Malaysians don't innovate . Takut kena kutuk."

Quite sad really...

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
Crash said:
Eh, Hawke. Why are you being so defensive? The statement was NOT directed at you. It IS NOTHING personal and I DO NOT have an argument with you.

I was merely supporting TireSmoke's comments and making a general remark.

Cool down ok? The language thing is kinda much for a public forum too.

Besides, if you understand sarcasm, I'm really not one of the bashers. And especially not blind bashing!
My apologies then... just that i really m interested in r3 cause they do really interesteing stuff n i dun know much about labellings n stuff... so if i sound a bit doozy n timewasting on this, i m sorry...

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Hawke said:
My apologies then... just that i really m interested in r3 cause they do really interesteing stuff n i dun know much about labellings n stuff... so if i sound a bit doozy n timewasting on this, i m sorry...
Apology accepted. Just chill man. It's a public forum and debates are healthy no matter how much bashing there is. We're all here to learn and to share knowledge.

Faisal, gary + tiresmoke are the right people to talk to about R3-related stuff.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
hehe... it's just that at one time, this guy was going around condemning n using vulgar language n spitting on other ppl... n i don't agree to that behaviour... like wanna b bully in the forum so ppl will think he is tai koh... so a bit overreact when it sounded like u were bashing... :redface:

totally agree wif u about sharing... that's y we r here :D

but a lot of thanks to abang faisal for the info... :D

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Hawke said:
hehe... it's just that at one time, this guy was going around condemning n using vulgar language n spitting on other ppl... n i don't agree to that behaviour... like wanna b bully in the forum so ppl will think he is tai koh... so a bit overreact when it sounded like u were bashing... :redface:

totally agree wif u about sharing... that's y we r here :D

but a lot of thanks to abang faisal for the info... :D
Sometimes it's all about hearing both sides of the coin. As usual, all it takes is a friendly chat or a TT to clear things up. Just be glad that the pioneers of R3 are willing to come down to earth and talk to us once in awhile. You definately won't get that with BMW-M or TRD, right? :smile:

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
prozac said:
Sometimes it's all about hearing both sides of the coin. As usual, all it takes is a friendly chat or a TT to clear things up. Just be glad that the pioneers of R3 are willing to come down to earth and talk to us once in awhile. You definately won't get that with BMW-M or TRD, right? :smile:
usually, the self proclaimed experts and fulltime bashers in any forum will never ever show their faces, or even their identities in reality.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi all..
anyone got the pictures of the interior of the car plz?
i wan to reference how they cut enough space for the gearbox.

thanks. :D

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Just a question, is R3 funded by proton or it's a self sustained company which has nothing to do with proton?
R3 should be a stand alone company started by some of Proton's selected staffers. I believe they have their own income, company description and all. And bank loans to start a company. Even if they did (i duuno la) recieved some loans from Proton, does it mean they can be classified as Proton as a whole? They are selling tuning goods for the Satria range and that means there is income. How they started out is not much of our business anyway, unless there is a documentary or book about R3's history and exploits. (Hey R3, this one makes good money!)

Come look at this. Toyota has TRD, Nissan has Nismo and Mazda has Mazdaspeed. Honda is closely associated to Spoon and Mugen. And Jun makes almost everything for everyone.

It is fair that R3 is associated with Proton. And if u look really closely there is no really a local tuning firm than work closely with Proton and make products for it. Nismo? Kah motor does that but only recently. TRD? Wing Hin does that. But they sell stuff more than tuning. Less can be said about many other aftermarket brands, which mostly reside in Sunway.

But actually its too early to tell. R3 is still young. 5 more years down the road then we can see how it goes. It is only common for a company to recieve flack because of rumours.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
netmatrix said:
It is fair that R3 is associated with Proton. And if u look really closely there is no really a local tuning firm than work closely with Proton and make products for it. Nismo? Kah motor does that but only recently. TRD? Wing Hin does that. But they sell stuff more than tuning. Less can be said about many other aftermarket brands, which mostly reside in Sunway.
Unless I'm severely uninformed, the "Nismo" of Kah Motor (or is it Tan Chong?) is bit of a joke selling nothing but branded cosmetics. Little or none of the actual Nismo pedigree is inherent in local Nissan models.

It's also right that having a manufacturer tuner presence is more than just selling parts off the shelves. The expertise should also be brought in, via actual tuners/staff from the manufacturer themselves or training of local technicians. This is the only way to ensure that the parts are installed/tuned correctly and avoid any tarnishing of the brand's image due to incompetent installers.

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
netmatrix said:
R3 should be a stand alone company started by some of Proton's selected staffers. I believe they have their own income, company description and all. And bank loans to start a company. Even if they did (i duuno la) recieved some loans from Proton, does it mean they can be classified as Proton as a whole? They are selling tuning goods for the Satria range and that means there is income. How they started out is not much of our business anyway, unless there is a documentary or book about R3's history and exploits. (Hey R3, this one makes good money!)

Come look at this. Toyota has TRD, Nissan has Nismo and Mazda has Mazdaspeed. Honda is closely associated to Spoon and Mugen. And Jun makes almost everything for everyone.

But actually its too early to tell. R3 is still young. 5 more years down the road then we can see how it goes. It is only common for a company to recieve flack because of rumours.
For your info, R3 is creme de la creme handpicked from Proton's stable and also externally – be it R&D and product engineers, marketing personnel and etc... The 20++-man strong team is a dedicated, committed team with plenty of experience, with racing roots.

Temporarily speaking, R3 is still pretty much part of Proton (being Proton Motorsports division) and funded by the mother company. However, in future, R3 WILL be independent, a profit-making, self-sufficient, full-fledged tuner. Like you said, like Nismo, Ralliart, TRD, Lotus Sport, MazdaSpeed, Mugen, yada yada...

ShadowBurner

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Kepong
Visit site
Well, that answers it. If proton bungkus in 5 years time, it'll be a pity for R3. But what the heck, R3 is doing so well, they might as well do mods for old-skool cars when the time comes. R3 doesn't have to be funded by proton then, maybe to japanese cars for more profit yeah! Imagine R3 on your Toyota or Honda :D

Strip off a unser kao kao and give it a 17" inch with AD07, wow i wanna see that

Keep up the good work R3. May the force be with you.

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
damn right its a waste

faisal said:
The R3 Street Shoot Out in Batu Kawan was sponsored by Proton Edar, Yokohama and many others.

Proton through R3 is doing it's level best to promote Motorsports by bringing Time Attack and Drift Challenge to the public.

The Waja FR was to showcase the engineering abilities of R3. It also creates an exciting image for Proton cars.

For those without any ideas of the car business/ marketing would say it is a waste of money. It is not. If it was, companies like BMW, Daimler Chrysler, Honda Malaysia wouldn't be spending millions through motorsports to build their brand.

Peugeot and Citoen compete in the WRC. Are there 4wd turbo charged Citroen Xsara and Peugeot for sale to the general public? NO

People like 4AGZE and Bridgestone RE711 should just keep their mouth shut if they do not have comments that are worth posting.

And the cost of the Waja FR is lot cheaper than you think. A waste of money it is not.
Hi there,

looks like u know a lot about the car business/marketing in Malaysia.

good to know that at least some money from "legally cheating" the malaysian public is put back to the community.(note "legal" cos they make the rules, "cheat" cos its true..why in UK or any other country can buy fully loaded BMW 3 series for 25kpounds and for that money we getting the perdana in m'sia. plus, bmw is not local UK product)

raise the image of proton thru motorsports?

why not start with the quality of their road cars. its crap to say the best. pls dun deny.

why not use a proton made engine and transmission if wanna showcase R3 expertise? even my mech can do this conversion if got time and "public money" to sponsor.
heck, he can and have even put TWO engines into a car and have it run well(but thats really sick and a waste of money)..and all this is done wif VERY basic tools(can laugh or cry i dunno) and very little funding oni......Also, to justify this whole exercise as "RnD" is laughable cos there is very little real RnD involved. Its just a "simple" exercise of shoehorning an RWD engine into a car capable of smoking its tires around a track for 5 mins or so...wanna showoff ur RnD skills? turbo or supercharge a generic proton engine (preferable campro cos its proton designed and build) and marry a RWD tranny from some truck or van or whatever...then theres some real progress.......

does proton really need image boosting?

even if absolutely NO marketing was done (or R3 was never formed for that matter) proton still would sell in Malaysia cos of gov protection. dun talk abt selling overseas as then u need to organise SSO overseas too right?

so its true, its a waste of money...seriously, whether u like it or not....(maybe u work for R3 i dunno..but wake up and smell the bad basi exhaust fumes...time is up when afta comes into play..so milk whatever u can from the company NOW)

just wait for AFTA. proton WILL die a slow death like cancer(please place ur bets here). and all their "motorsports victories" (read waja FR wif SR20 can driff woooo or proton pert wira evo rebadged so obvious) can throw down the drain and forgotten like a bad case of syphilis. scratch...

my 2c. if wanna really boost the image of proton. just kamcheng wif all the car mag editors. give them a big "package" they wont forget for the next 2-3 years and there u go. instant rave reviews. save more money. its normal and its done all over the world.

then again...money, proton have a lot......damn they even operate a bank. which car manufacturer can say, hey i offer u loan to buy my car. pls pay double the price after 7 years k.........

personal opinion-R3 is avenue for mushrooms to thrash some cars and call it a hard days work. promoting proton and all. what a waste man

140dB
trying verrry hard to abstain from obscenities

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

WBW7827

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
KELANTAN
greetings guy..

why use waja? i thought gen2 already got transmission tunnel for 4WD or RWD system..

it good to see that waja dancing. To me..u can pasang engine any engine as u like in that waja..anything as u can afford. modified ur chasis to get job done..BUT!!

How many dude can do REALLY GOOD JOB..ENGINE FITTING ANY POMEN CAN DO.. accurate measurement for engine position must be done to make sure weight distribution balancing. suspension system some more.. i bet its not easy to fit and tuned that SR20DET powered WAJA as shown in that short trailers... good job R3.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
ixeo said:
WARNING: Don't Post if you have nothing to say

i think R3 is headed towards the right direction, hope to see how the R3 Gen.2 is received. man if the Waja FR was produced and sold to the public it'll be superb.
dun think it'll b sold as fr cause it's running an sr20 but u r right... if it were produced, it would really b kick@$$.

so, faisal, next proton car = fr? ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a roaring super rare exotic ....on our streets.......we are very blessed again to be able to detail and alien coat this rare monster

What was Ducati thinking??? Ducati is known for their superbikes, right? Well that is what attracted me to this so-called cruiser..........very dear ones indeed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience