Problem with Proton Exora

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Dear Forumers,
Thank you all for the comment and suggestion, to be honest I agree with some of the positive comment in this thread regarding Exora, they are the main points that supported my decision for this purchase, but the point I want to make here is, if you can accept the fact that you probably have to end up as one of those unfortunate owners(like myself), I would still support your decision because this car is really a winner in many areas.

I called the i-Care again today during lunch, the answer is that the Customer Service Officer name Amin will call me back by today, but he did not.

I feel that I have no choice but to be dependent on the Proton Service Center, reason because I bought it brand new and I do not want to void the 5 years warranty, I have heard so many stories of idiotic reason e.g. Blame the owner upgraded the CD player for causing idling not stable and some other weird stories just to void your warranty. My family have the history of owning 1 Saga(new), 1 Wira(new), 3 Satria(2 new), 1 Putra(new), 1 Perdana, and now Exora(new), so I know how the Proton warranty works.

I tried to follow-up with Norbaini the i-Care Customer Service personnel that situated in the M****** D******* Branch via email, she advice me to call the guy(Tun Zikir) who is from Proton directly and have personally experience the wobble ride in my Exora, I guess I will just have to do this tomorrow.

It is not possible for me to send the car all the way to their 'Center of Excellence' in USJ as suggested by Amin few weeks ago, because it is simply too far for me(I have a day job), I insist to send it back to the Service Center where the car is purchased and I will leave the rest to them, I am not sure if this is the bottle neck of the issue but if it is to be follow-up by Proton directly then I think whichever Service Center to go is not the reason why they can't fix the problem.

Wish me luck.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
actually...u don't really hoping that i-care would remember evry single person they promised...since it was their allday long job to talk with ppl..and human,tends to forget...

so....i think your option to left it at the dealer might help u out a bit in term of working hours barrier....

gudluck :itsme:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
owtaman....maybe you can try changing to another service center...a more reputable one..

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Made several calls to the 'Chief Technical Head' in the past few days, he did not answer the phone.

Called the i-Care line again today, a lady on the other side said the Customer Service representative from the 3S center will call me back to follow-up, but no body from Proton calls me today.

There are two points I want to make here,

1. It does not make any difference for follow-ups if you buy from a Proton's own 3S center compare to a 'Just another Proton dealer'.

2. The i-Care line is just setup for show, they will just point you back to the 3S center that you bought the car from, basically is a call center to answer your call and that's it, it does not 'Care' for your problem of owning a Proton, there are no proper escalation paths to help the customers who caught in the scam of Proton.

PS: Good decision for copying the Lancer as Inspira though, Proton will have lesser problem with better margin.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
feel pity for u bro.....heard lot of this kind of stories b4....not only in proton but to others car svc ctr.....juz keep on trying bro,try to go to other svc ctr also gud choice maybe different place different attitude and more willing to help u out......

chongch

Oct 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
well debated...rationally, like proton brand, we were born in Malaysia and if we do not support our own things, who else will...think rationally...just hope our gov is sensible enuf to give more incentives for Malaysians to own our own makes...cheers...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
well debated...rationally, like proton brand, we were born in Malaysia and if we do not support our own things, who else will...think rationally...just hope our gov is sensible enuf to give more incentives for Malaysians to own our own makes...cheers...
Mindset like this... Give incentives to local car buyers... This is the thing that destroys the market balance, give an unfair advantage, make our local carmaker too comfortable and uncompetitive, and make them rob the rakyat, and indirectly forcing rakyat to buy cheapskate quality cars.

I believe i supporting local. But if after 20 over years the performance still like that, or even worse, it clearly shows that they are taking advantage and being comfortable with incentives. Earlier models or proton, such as saga, wira, and perdana even have better build quality than some models today.

I believe in supporting them when they just started. We should support and be proud. At least let them get established first. But if after 20 years still f*ed up, hey... Isn't it clear that something is wrong?

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

owtaman...

Sure hope you get to resolve it soon. Maybe you can try service centre in other areas?
Do update us when your problem is resolved and let us know the cause of the vibration....

Feb 11, 2011
Selangor
Sorry to hear about your problem....

I'm also using exora.... First Batch.... not much problem except Thermo amp....

After 2 month used i BOT to my exora....

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
I made several follow-up calls in the past few days to both i-Care and the Proton 3S center after waiting for the 'Official Letter' for months to explain the issue(which never arrived). I call up and requested the Proton customer service to explain to me what is actually contained in the letter so that I dont have to continue waiting. I was then told that the letter was actually to inform me that this issue is actually not an issue, well atleast to Proton officially. That made me furious and contacted the 'Chief Technical person' from the 3S center, which I told him that since he does not have a solution, I suggest to replace the wheel bearing as part of solution, he said he will check and reply to me as soon as possible, but it turn out that he was merely trying to buy time and he has now stop answering my call.

Any suggestion ?

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
Proton knows Malaysians will definitely buy their products coz of the price compared to Japs or Koreans. That's y they don't reli look into QC. Their mindset is more like 'Mau beli, beli. Tak mau beli, tak apa'. I've been a Proton user myself. My 3rd car, NO MORE Proton. Good luck in your case bro...

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Sorry to hear about your problem....

I'm also using exora.... First Batch.... not much problem except Thermo amp....

After 2 month used i BOT to my exora....
What's a 'Thermo amp' ?

Last edited:

prototype_x0

Sep 15, 2007
actually...u don't really hoping that i-care would remember evry single person they promised...since it was their allday long job to talk with ppl..and human,tends to forget...

so....i think your option to left it at the dealer might help u out a bit in term of working hours barrier....

gudluck :itsme:
in my opinion, if they promise to call you, they should call you back. but having similar experience with proton before, they are the one that will never bother to call you at all except for

1. to tell you car ready to be collected

2. to tell you car finish service and ask you to come and pay

other than that, if they say will call back later, please help yourself by thinking that is their empty promise

haha..dun worry...i've no relation with proton or proton didn't pay me to help them out....

but i'm just a positive thhinking and a DIY person..so normal la me would search for best solution....(yes..don't need to depend on i-care...they are 0% of knowledge about mechanical thing on cars..just 100% excuses..)

same like i-care on TM.... hahahahaha.... :biggrin:
off topic, but honestly my experience with TM careline is pleasent one. two times having problem with streamyx and they professionally handle my problem. you can compare proton i care with astro care line, both are bad.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Oh yes I have to agree that Proton i-care is comparable with Astro care line, both are equally bad.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm new in using car sticker. I've attached a picture to show the problem I faced when sticking car sticker. Pls any SIFUS can help me...Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience