Engine jerking when coming to a stop - what's the problem?

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
Experiencing this problem lately. Sent to Proton SC to check but they say "everything is OK" but the problem still exist. What could it be?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Describe the problem in detail like how you replicate the problem and stuff. For all you know you might have warped brake discs. How is the jerking? Describe a bit more or take a video.

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
It will happen once or twice a day. If it is brake problem then it might occurs every time I stop but it should be checked too. It feels like the engine is going to die off but so far it didn't perhaps because I will change the gear to Neutral.

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
Yes! I think that's the culprit. It's called "Purge control valve" and the "Canister assy" but the service center could not find any fault because perhaps they didn't check or they just don't know

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It will happen once or twice a day. If it is brake problem then it might occurs every time I stop but it should be checked too. It feels like the engine is going to die off but so far it didn't perhaps because I will change the gear to Neutral.
Since you mention putting in neutral is okay, probably your idle speed is too low, so when in gear the engine is vibrating in low idle....:smokin:

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
I have been recommended to a workshop in Taman Petaling Utama, P.J. Called the owner yesterday and he said to bring the car for checking.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Or it could be a clogged TB?
What is this & where is this thing located?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have been recommended to a workshop in Taman Petaling Utama, P.J. Called the owner yesterday and he said to bring the car for checking.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

What is this & where is this thing located?
TB aka Throttle Body, attached onto inlet manifold leading to air filter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone have any tips on how to solve an irritating rattle I have at my Satria Neo's lower dashboard area? Its located at the lower half of the dashboard immediately to the right of the ignition slot. Seem like there is a metal component immediately behind the plastic & it rattles like hell non-stop. My car is only 2 mths old!!! I have tried using heavy duty scotch tape but the rattle is still there. I am at a loss, PE says they have to dismantle the whole dash to solve it!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience