4G92P check engine light and jerking when idle

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,

my satria mmc ecu version 4g92p engine check light was on afte engine started and jerking when idling.
previously was ok. afte i let the foreman fix my gear linkage bushing, as lack of spaces he open up my ram pipe.

The problem is he forget to screw back the ram pipe tie with the throttle body. I do drove a round and found out the engine jerk and cel was on, go back tie the ram pipe up. start the engine ok.

the problem comes back when i was on my way home. i guess is the intake leaking cause the afr prob but why the same problem still occurs after this?

would like to fix this....

symptoms is like rpm suddenly drop.

fyi, i already have toyota ficd since ages and no prob. idle w/o ac, 800+ rpm, with aircon,1000+rpm. or do i need to do a ecu reset by pulling off the battey connector

thanks for helping, otai otai satria.......

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
sudden drop in rpm could indicate improper air fuel mixture, in this case most likely air leak somewhere between the air flow sensor and intake manifold. try to search for any other leak including vacuum hoses. also if possible try and retrieve the fault code in the obd

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Done.
Checked the hoses all are tighten and no leaks, reset ECU and everything become fine again...

Just one doubt, let says the afr became lean after the ram pipe tie not tighten and air sucking into throttle body not through air flow sensor. Even after fix back without reset the ecu to remove the error, the ecu will follow the faulty afr and makes the engine jerking ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any product can do DIY touch up?...coz my door had a few paint chipped down due to my door protector rubber's steel which contains in it, and it chipped down my door paint, i guess i need to do something before it rust...so is there any thing can i do wit it now?...

and is that possible i can do DIY touch up for my bodykit? since there slightly a few scratch on the kit...dun wanna spend money to repaint whole thing, waste money -_-"
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience