4G92P cranking problem

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Am using ori satria 1.6 year 97 engine 4G92P SOHC
currently facing problem cranking up my engine when it's hot.

cold start is ok just a few crank will do
but after a few hours drive or spirited driving, my starter won't crank at all.
FYI, battery is good, my rsm meter showed 12.4v when engine is not on and I have additional relay for my starter dy.
The starter made tik tik sound or low groaning but the engine just won't crank like normal ek ek ek sound. sorry for the low grade kind of description here.

Any possible cause and solution ?

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Check your key ignition switch and starter motor. Mine was due to the starter motor. Cost RM100 to change the motor & service the starter as well. Hope this helps.

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
is it because of grounding problem when the engine run hot or the carbon brush in the starter motor need a change ?

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Mine was due to the small switch beside the starter carbon brush.
Got rusted cause went through flood few weeks back. Changed the switch and its back to normal now.

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
rase nye mslh kita sme, bulan 1 lps sye tukar starter lps xblh nk start..sblum 2 starter baru sbb konvert manual oct/2012 tp mse hujung tahun 2012 ade redah air dan mungkin punca starter rosak...lps pkai starter bru mslh selesai...kemudian xbrpe lme enjin xblh nk idup wlaupon crank byk kali...pe lg, g tukar starter...settle mslh, tp 2 minggu kemudian mslh dtg smula...anta kdai yg sme check terminal (-) kurang current.. bacaan rendah...psg cable bru dan ground kan ke gearbox..setle mslh..tp minggu lps mslh dtg jgk smula, 2 hari lps sye sambungkn smula cable lme ke bateri..so jd ade 2 cable (-)...sehari je mslh settle arini jd smula...ptg td sye pasang smula wire grounding cap ayam 3 wire.. tgk lh mcm mne ari esok....
easier to explain in malay :)

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
mslh sye pon xsetle jgk..ari ni 4 kali buat mslh xblh nk start
check on the grounding and the wiring socket connector
then if still cannot, try to knock the starter with a hammer but don't too harsh :biggrin:
this means the carbon brush is wearing out or too many carbon dust inside the starter
dah nak kaput hehehe

the trick works for me as I don't have time to change the starter yet :thefinger:

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
just change the starter about a month ago..from jan 2013 until april 2013 two times change the starter...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previously, i had installed adjustable cam pulley on 4g93t..on the same time,i installed e-manage,sard fuel regulator and wallbro fuel pump.
i was on a standard boost (0.6bar) before installing those parts..and after installing,my mech set the boost to 1 bar as i insist...
the power i felt after testing on pickup(1st,2nd gear,cause the road not so long)was like same as 0.6 bar...or maybe is just my imagination...and after a long period of driving of my modification above,i got the feeling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience