Noticable difference using bodykits

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
That means if you keep it to below 3k rpm during driving, then the car won't surprise you with it's sudden acceleration and power? If that is the case, then it should make city driving easier. Imagine if during traffic jam and the car suddenly jumps forward when you release the clutch a bit too early...
the case is when going WOT.....haha

but normal drive also u will feel a bit the transition change of torque at around 3k rpm......during traffic jam also nobody rev past 2500rpm.... :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the case is when going WOT.....haha

but normal drive also u will feel a bit the transition change of torque at around 3k rpm......during traffic jam also nobody rev past 2500rpm.... :driver:
Ah, during WOT is it. I thought like maybe half throttle you can feel the powerful torque.

During jams or at traffic light, I usually let the car infront move a bit further first if I am driving a car that I am not familiar with because sometimes I don't know how fast the car will move forward after I release the clutch. There are also many cases that the fellow in front just decides to stop suddenly after moving a little which is dangerous if my car accelerates a bit too fast.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
U need a huge fan. Stick those paper is a good idea but u need a really really big table fan :rofl:

If only got such Wind Tunnel test in Malaysia only see how. Maybe will ask my friend again for the exact name of the shop and location since he plan to mod his FN2R into a monster with widebodykit...
I can supply table fan only.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

Even if have wind tunnel, not worth to pay go test ah beng body kits right and more over on jetta, kelisa and your SLK which mostly not driven at high speed....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

ej got massive torque....but not as low as most street tuned car....normally around 3k rpm above will the massive torque arrive mashing u to the seat... :driver:

but below 3k rpm i prefer NA engine torque and response....
Yup, of course after 3k rpm the turbo comes in, it is a different beast, but even below 3k the torque good enough to go round town. I drove my ex colleagues sti out for lunch and with 2 passengers can easily drive around in 4th gear at low speed.:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Even if have wind tunnel, not worth to pay go test ah beng body kits right and more over on jetta, kelisa and your SLK which mostly not driven at high speed....:rolleyes:

Yup, of course after 3k rpm the turbo comes in, it is a different beast, but even below 3k the torque good enough to go round town. I drove my ex colleagues sti out for lunch and with 2 passengers can easily drive around in 4th gear at low speed.:driver:
Ya if expensive then not worth it. I think Supra will be a better car to do such test. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

That depends on how much that the wind tunnel test costs. Too expensive then not worth it.

Hehe, you can drive STI easily because you're already used to high power turbo cars like your VR ma. :biggrin:

Ya if expensive then not worth it. I think Supra will be a better car to do such test. :biggrin:
Supra is already aerodynamically superior than our normal cars. Looking at the shape can tell. Or bring a hybrid car like Prius, Insight, CRZ. I heard they are designed to be aerodynamic in order to have less air resistance.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From a book about toyota, the engineers from toyota have put a lots of thought during the development of Supra. Even the windscreen wipers are designed to be non-interfering to the aero when the car is driven at high speed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That depends on how much that the wind tunnel test costs. Too expensive then not worth it.

Hehe, you can drive STI easily because you're already used to high power turbo cars like your VR ma. :biggrin:

Supra is already aerodynamically superior than our normal cars. Looking at the shape can tell. Or bring a hybrid car like Prius, Insight, CRZ. I heard they are designed to be aerodynamic in order to have less air resistance.

From a book about toyota, the engineers from toyota have put a lots of thought during the development of Supra. Even the windscreen wipers are designed to be non-interfering to the aero when the car is driven at high speed.
True true...the car design is already meant for that...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There are type of Supra altogether. The most famous one is JZA80 Supra Mark IV. Back in 1992, I can say that JZA80 is on par with supercars of those days when it comes to performance. Pinnacle of Toyota's sports car technology in that time.

Another similar high tech car like this during that time would be Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT. I heard that the initial batch came with electronically adjustable aerodynamic parts, 4 wheel steering and electronic suspension... I think most of these are cut out during later batches to cut costs....

Then there is Z32 300ZX which is one of the first production cars designed by a supercomputer... NA1 Honda NSX is also born around this time. Mazda came out with their own luxury sports car as well which is the 3 rotor 20B engine Mazda Cosmo. Another high tech car back in those days...

Damn, it seems that I find it hard to stop when it comes to talking about the glorious days of Japanese manufacturers back in early 90s...

True true...the car design is already meant for that...
No point making Prius looks sporty when it can't go fast. Those rims totally defeats the purpose of a fuel saving hybrid car. Increase fuel consumption. :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
There are type of Supra altogether. The most famous one is JZA80 Supra Mark IV. Back in 1992, I can say that JZA80 is on par with supercars of those days when it comes to performance. Pinnacle of Toyota's sports car technology in that time.

Another similar high tech car like this during that time would be Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT. I heard that the initial batch came with electronically adjustable aerodynamic parts, 4 wheel steering and electronic suspension... I think most of these are cut out during later batches to cut costs....

Then there is Z32 300ZX which is one of the first production cars designed by a supercomputer... NA1 Honda NSX is also born around this time. Mazda came out with their own luxury sports car as well which is the 3 rotor 20B engine Mazda Cosmo. Another high tech car back in those days...

Damn, it seems that I find it hard to stop when it comes to talking about the glorious days of Japanese manufacturers back in early 90s...

No point making Prius looks sporty when it can't go fast. Those rims totally defeats the purpose of a fuel saving hybrid car. Increase fuel consumption. :rofl:

During the glorious days in the 90s, there are even active aero being used in Skyline R31...such as movable front spoiler that activate when the car reaches 120km/hr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sArLR04ABg

Toyota also resorted to complement their aero package with active suspension in their TEMS.
State of the art at that time.

Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those were the exciting days.....

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

I'ma volunteer :rofl:
If no wind tunnel, then a chase car with and a camera man would do.....

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I want to share a story of mine,

Last few years all my 4 standard absorber went out before my return trip from kl to ipoh. I was using promote bumper and that time, the gap from my bumper to ground was only 1 ciggy box thick (plus i had front full diffuser)

Although 'super lowered' at highway.. i did felt the difference. Smoother glide and more 'sticky' to the ground. I also have universal rear spoiler which height is almost half the rear windshield. The speed that time.. well.. not 'standard' :p

Conclusion.. the right setting of bodykits will only give effects at high speed...not noticeable at city speed.. or in most case below 100kmh..

Some get bodykits to improve efficiency with less drag..some get bodykit to have a huge downforce, which also need huge horsepower to do so....so..which one are you ?

*Undertray is a good idea too :)

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But most of the local body kits I see on the car either scratched, cracked, broken....:thefinger:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Bodykit/aerokit most of the time...well..in malaysia can only be used safely on track...or on the road of japan.

Well u know malaysian roads..bumper like camel hump..potholes like a pond hehe

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahaha, our GPS shouldnt just warn us about AES hotspots, but also include pothole ridden roads/area & big-ass road humps too.

Really funny seeing those lowered cars, with bodykits that had to drive diagonally when encountering road humps.
Thei drivers' butt sure kecut when hearing scraping noise at underside of the car.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, true. But nonetheless Prius with the extra battery power assisting it makes it more powerful than my ride. Just like CR-Z, which is the opposite, the hybrid is not meant to save fuel but more for the extra power to the car. Still once battery drained, it will be back to normal 1.5L. But latest CRZ have to boost button (S+ button) which somewhat like NOS hahahaha!

I want to share a story of mine,

Last few years all my 4 standard absorber went out before my return trip from kl to ipoh. I was using promote bumper and that time, the gap from my bumper to ground was only 1 ciggy box thick (plus i had front full diffuser)

Although 'super lowered' at highway.. i did felt the difference. Smoother glide and more 'sticky' to the ground. I also have universal rear spoiler which height is almost half the rear windshield. The speed that time.. well.. not 'standard' :p

Conclusion.. the right setting of bodykits will only give effects at high speed...not noticeable at city speed.. or in most case below 100kmh..

Some get bodykits to improve efficiency with less drag..some get bodykit to have a huge downforce, which also need huge horsepower to do so....so..which one are you ?

*Undertray is a good idea too :)
Undertray yes it is, but still havent get one due to the price. For me is more for improve efficiency and less drag..not for more downforce since I dont need that.

hahahaha, our GPS shouldnt just warn us about AES hotspots, but also include pothole ridden roads/area & big-ass road humps too.

Really funny seeing those lowered cars, with bodykits that had to drive diagonally when encountering road humps.
Thei drivers' butt sure kecut when hearing scraping noise at underside of the car.
Thanks to our government. Make so many dumb high bumps....some is just so high until no skirting and not lowered also can kena undercarriage...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
During the glorious days in the 90s, there are even active aero being used in Skyline R31...such as movable front spoiler that activate when the car reaches 120km/hr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sArLR04ABg

Toyota also resorted to complement their aero package with active suspension in their TEMS.
State of the art at that time.

Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those were the exciting days.....

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

If no wind tunnel, then a chase car with and a camera man would do.....
Woah, I'm surprised with that R31 video. Din't know that they started using active aerodynamics since so long ago. I feel like half the purpose of that advertisement is to promote that front lip spoiler. :rofl:

Yes, true. But nonetheless Prius with the extra battery power assisting it makes it more powerful than my ride. Just like CR-Z, which is the opposite, the hybrid is not meant to save fuel but more for the extra power to the car. Still once battery drained, it will be back to normal 1.5L. But latest CRZ have to boost button (S+ button) which somewhat like NOS hahahaha!
Prius more powerful than your ride? Yours is 1ZZ-FE... Your car is also lighter isn't it? I thought yours should have the advantage. But torque is instantly available in hybrid cars as soon as it starts to move.
CR-Z got manual variant. Considerably less power loss from engine to transmission...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Woah, I'm surprised with that R31 video. Din't know that they started using active aerodynamics since so long ago. I feel like half the purpose of that advertisement is to promote that front lip spoiler. :rofl:

Prius more powerful than your ride? Yours is 1ZZ-FE... Your car is also lighter isn't it? I thought yours should have the advantage. But torque is instantly available in hybrid cars as soon as it starts to move.
CR-Z got manual variant. Considerably less power loss from engine to transmission...
How u know what is my ride suddenly :rofl: Jetta dont run on 1zz-fe :rofl:
Specs wise in numbers already lose adi and yes, torque surely cant beat that. But if i were to say I convert it to use battery power as well then I guess I'm dumb :rofl:

Rather for SC or Turboed.

K back to bodykit topic again :rofl:

I'll still check with my pal on the wind tunnel. Which I at 1st hard to believe they have such machine in Malaysia yet.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How u know what is my ride suddenly :rofl: Jetta dont run on 1zz-fe :rofl:
Specs wise in numbers already lose adi and yes, torque surely cant beat that. But if i were to say I convert it to use battery power as well then I guess I'm dumb :rofl:

Rather for SC or Turboed.

K back to bodykit topic again :rofl:

I'll still check with my pal on the wind tunnel. Which I at 1st hard to believe they have such machine in Malaysia yet.

Okay okay. You are running on 1.4 Twincharged engine then. :biggrin:
Waste money to convert it into hybrid. Straight away source one manual gearbox from other Toyota then is enough. Maybe 6 speed manual from Celica?

Actually your car is using what bodykit?