Need help on Satria 1.3gli

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ok , im sure this thread been discussed before but there were too many different views and i still did not get a clear picture. Therefore please enlighten me on this.

I drive a satria 1.3gli year 2001, my car gives me average 10.5-11km per liter. What i want to do is increase the pick up and performance as i feel its very underpowered during pick up. I am using castrol magnatec 10w-40 engine oil. Please give me proven technics as i dont intend to waste money.

Also there are a few confusing things i need to clear.

1. If i remove my cat-con and replace with bullet some people say that the increase preasure in exhaust pipe will result in engine seals leaking and white smoke from exhaust eventually , is this true.

2. All those performance air filter k&N , simota and zenden , do they work or just gimmick.

3. What about voltage stabilizer , many ppl recommend pivot raizin original unit.

4. What is the best petrol to use , i feel my car delivers best consumption with shell ron 95 / ron 97, between ron 95 and 97 i dun notice any differents

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
get a lighten crank pulley......

1.never heard of this.

2. k&n is no gimmick.

3.This i have my doubts.(honestly,this is a waste of money)

4.different cars seems to react differently towards petrol....for me,best mileage/performance is from Esso.(ran many tests on all petrol,and not just for one full tank....close to 4 tanks each brand)

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
1. HUH??? The white smoke could be water vapor during cold weather..
2. All better than stock filter, but they also bring in more dirt to engine..
3. Does hv a bit help to car, but you will get numb after 2 days..
4. GOOD!! then you no need pay more for 97 :biggrin: i use petronas97,it's suits me well than vpower or other brand...

Cheapest way to enhance pick up is decrease car weight, you can interpret in many way like throw unnecessary items away... use smaller/lighter rim and tyre.. and many more.. if you not afraid of troublesome then take out power steering and aircond, sure got feel and save fuel at the same time : )

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
1...cold engine?
2...KNN
3...No idea...using china mega raizin...better radio even wit HID turn on
4...I personally tested BHP is the best...everytime fill up with it sure can feel diff...the prob is
too little station...even my wife can notice the lightness when fill up with BHP

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ok so i guess the removal of the cat-con will not effect my engine lifespan , so it should be ok to replace with a bullet and unleash at least 5-7 hp.

well im thinking of getting simota , knn seems a little too pricey, why isit taht it will get more dirt in engine bro,

voltage stabilizer , well im not hoping for it to reduce consumption and increase power , just want it to stabilize my electrical's like it is suppose to do . lol i will stick with pivot raizin blue.

well for me using shell ron95 is good enough, il stick to it for now.

Well thanx for all the info guys , so best bet is to get a lightened crank pulley , what about the other pulley better to change that also ??? .

well my car suspension is weird i can feel every single pebble on the road , what is wrong , it feels so hard , isit because my suspension is gone or not functioning at all , i feel like i dun have a cushioning effect towards the road.

pick up , im trying to gain a more responsive pick up with my satria 1.3 efi ,manual. What are the most effective ways.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. yes, better remove your cat converter, it wont work after 2-3 years, replace it with normal piping.
2.it does work, better get original drop in replacement.
3.it does work, im using pivot raizin blue, last time was expensive, now can get bout rm70. better to include grounding cables.
4.of course better to use shell vpower, but ron95 will do.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
okies cool , so best bet is to remove the cat con and replace with bullet i guess , get a drop in air filter , a pivot ori vs and then monitor the results. Any other comments, i am looking to increase pick up and engine smoothness

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey, though this post has been here fr quite awhile. but i just got myself a 2nd hand satria gli 1.3 as well. it's a lil underpowered n the top speed is arnd 120-130 km only.. is it normal? or does my car has the similar prob as u had be4? btw, how's ur car doing currently?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
top speed ive tried 160kmh.....

i recommend u to upgrade
1. open pod air filter
2. HKS spark plugs
3. bosch plug cables
4. lightweight cam pulley
5. high cam
6. lightweight crank pulley.

sure got better responce :)

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
raiff17 > hey bro , congrats on your purchase on one of the nicest cars on malaysian road today, well im serious when i say that as i love my satria with a passion. Well firstly , sori took a while to reply, anyways, my car is fine doing great , i have done some mods here and there to get me to where i want comfortably , well you said u feel its sluggish, it will definitely be as the car is not meant to go fast in the first place, but its highly potential.

My car does a max speed of 170-180km/h comfortably , i get about 10 km/liter of fuel (not the best but i am a heavy foot driver, i floor the pedal everytime)

My mod list

1. Full exhaust system (estimate RM1000)

First setup ( used only for 4 months )
4-2-1 extractor , straight flow center bullet , STRAIGHT FLOW MUFFLER (Bullet or Cylinder type) and 1.6 inch galvanized steel piping.

Results - good pick up but power is only above 4000rpm , high end torque meaning have to rev above 4000rpm to feel full power, very loud and fuel consumption at 9km/liter as i drive my car hard as i am a spirited driver. Overall was satisfying but i dont intend to drive at high rpm all the time and the noise was getting very annoying as i use the car daily , fun for a while, ok for weekend car. No torque at low rpm so car feel sluggish.

Second exhaust setup ( using for the past 7 months and very very happy )

4-2-1 extractor , straight flow center bullet , S-FLOW MUFFLER (Looks like original muffler but bigger box and tip) and 1.6 inch galvanized steel piping.

Results > The only difference in the setup was my muffler box , earlier was STRAIGHT FLOW now is S-FLOW, after changing i notice a drastic increase in low end power , meaning now i feel the torque kick in at low rpm which is good bcoz i dun have to rev to high to get power. High end torque drops , this setup is meant for city and daily driving where you dont have to rev so high and push the engine too hard. The S-FLOW muffler is also more quiet, only smooth bassy sound , not loud and ear tearing. Fuel consumption also decrease to 10-11km/liter depends on my driving style but i normally drive hard but dont rev so high. Top speed was better as i can touch 150-160 easily.Overall i got better fuel and better response.

( my car is manual therefore i can use any setup, if ur car is auto , pls go for 4-2-1 extractor , center bullet for auto car and S-FLOW MUFFLER. AUTO CAR NEEDS BACK PRESSURE. )

2. Intake modification

K&N drop in air filter, thats it , Simota is also ok , dont go for open pod as it suffers during daily driving , stick to drop in, its best. Better pick up and car feels lighter during acceleration.

3. Rims and tires

Im using original ENKEI CDR9 racing performance rims, the rims are light and durable. My rims are sized 15 inch with tires measuring 195/55/r15. Yes i agree my tires are a little big but with my exhaust and rims done , the power is more then enough for daily driving. Try and get original JAPAN made rims, as TAIWAN rims are cheap but they are also heavy and if you hit a big pot hole it will dent easily. Japan rims sell for above 1.2k 2nd compared to TAIWAN made rm600 - rm800 new.

More money but better quality and lighter, stick to 15 inch , its the best size seriously. Dun loose too much power just for looks with big rims. Best if you dont mind 14inch rims. With bigger rims and tires i get good grip and handling at high speed around corners, i am a very spirited driver , i usually test the boundaries of my car at corners and so far it takes sharp corners well, i have not installed any anti roll bar or stabilizer bar yet , but planning to add them soon.

I service my car every 7000km with

1. Castrol magnatec 10w-40 semi synthetic oil
2. bosch spark plugs (normal 1)
3. since my air filter is lifetime usable i just service it at hotbits pj for rm10, they clean and wash for you with K&N original air filter cleaning oil.
4. Proton original oil filter
5. Every 20000km i change my gearbox oil.

My car runs fine with the above stuff, i have no complains. Its a really good car and its fun to drive, handling is better then most cars out there. My next mod will be to lowered with sport springs as i feel its a little high now.

Anything else bro , i have learn a lot from my car and willing to help with anything u need.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Oh yea , the trick to driving a satria 1.3 gli manual properly is to shift gear above 5000rpm if you want to get good top speed because the car uses a short ratio gearbox unlike the 1.5 or 1.6 or other models of proton :

1st gear > 40km/h
2nd gear > 80km/h
3rd gear > 120km/h
4th gear > 150km/h
5th gear > 160+ km/h

All this is shifting at 6000rpm. I achieve a top speed of 185km/h before with no problems but please make sure ur engine and gearbox is running well with proper service.

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
sell it off and go for the satria neo R3 limited edition...68units only bro..no need mod...just put petrol and drive...got warranty some more...just my 2cents.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well , i guess to late now since he has purchased his car , ils till go for the older satria, better looks and more mods, the new neo r3 is ok , but again being limited with rare parts , it will be a thiefs target , i wont recommend it 4 sure , paying over 1k a month and having a beefed up neo.

Better option is satria gti r3 , that is the real malaysian sports car, 2nd choice satria gti.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Newbie here. I plant to install 4G92 MIVEC to my 2005 Hyundai accent. Does anyone of u done/seen this kind of transplant? I'm not sure whether it'll fit the chasis or not.

What should I do? need your advise. thx! a picture of a succesful transplant into a Hyundai Accent would be helpful.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience