opinion on this Satria Gti R3

Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hye guys,

i've been searching for satria gti r3 for quite a while and manage to find this seller. i need some opinion on this satria gti r3.

Proton Satria GTR -R3 1.8 -Manual 04 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

i've seen the car, and was quite satisfied with overall look and what's under the hood (strutbar, extractor, double welded chasis). seems to be 'ori'. but the only part that make me suspicious is the LEV number slot at the engine had been removed.

does it worth to consider purchasing the car?

thanks in advance dear ZTH forumer.

Attachments

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
rm38.5k is quite cheap, mostly i see ppl seling rm40k++..if it's an ori r3 and the car is in excellent condition, it's definitely worth buying..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
chasis plate VIN for R3 was there or not?

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
yup for me i think this car already worth to buy...if accident free lar...

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Just wondering. If it's a R3 car, would the registration card say "R3"? Maybe can check with Proton Edar.
I guess there is a simple explanation for the missing R3 decal. Probably the previous owner(s) took if off as momento or something.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
chasis plate VIN for R3 was there or not?
seconded. maybe you can check the VIN against R3/Proton. Highly suspicious that the LEV is not there. maybe somebody stole an R3 and transplant everything to a GTi

hasnolh

Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Proton Satria 1.8 Manual GTI R3 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

This looks like the same car. Even the sticker on the rear glass is the same. But with a different mileage. And the handbrake doesn't look like the one belongs to a Gti. This might be a converted one.
actually yes, an the the mileage stated on both advert is actually different when i saw the car. the car's mileage is only 8000km. and i can only test drive the car if i give them deposit first! oh well, i think i have to search for another car.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Just wondering. If it's a R3 car, would the registration card say "R3"? Maybe can check with Proton Edar.
I guess there is a simple explanation for the missing R3 decal. Probably the previous owner(s) took if off as momento or something.
could be one of the reason too!

stuffx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
sorry to interrupt or spoil your mood.. i think it does not worth to invest for this car at all considering the risk of being stolen is very very very high especially if you leave in KL

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
hye guys,

i've been searching for satria gti r3 for quite a while and manage to find this seller. i need some opinion on this satria gti r3.

Proton Satria GTR -R3 1.8 -Manual 04 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

i've seen the car, and was quite satisfied with overall look and what's under the hood (strutbar, extractor, double welded chasis). seems to be 'ori'. but the only part that make me suspicious is the LEV number slot at the engine had been removed.

does it worth to consider purchasing the car?

thanks in advance dear ZTH forumer.
There are a few important things you have to look out for a Original Gti R3 besides the badges, spoilers, seats, interior etc.

1) Double stitch welded chassis (Open the door, take off the rubber lining and u can compare with another satria, wira and u can see the difference)

2) The year manufactured must be 2004 or 2005

3) The R3 VIN badge/tag (no 1 to 150)

4) Condition

5) Are all the original R3 parts still in the car. Especially the Rear CF Spoiler, The wheels with AD07 tyres

And No is the answer to your question of the Registration Card stating it is a R3 GTi. Trust me I have sold a few of the babies.

If the these above criterias are not met, I dont think it is worth investing your money on the car. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
[QUOTE The R3 VIN badge/tag (no 1 to 150).[/QUOTE]

Tomei- where is the R3 VIN badge located? Is it located on the cylinder head's valve cover? I saw a photo in one of the 'for sale' ads here where it does show the valve cover with the R3 tag.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think its abit wee too cheap for an original R3. that's more likely the price of the GTi. Speedo can be changed, so dont trust the mileage shown there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

those 620kg and 500kg measurement is not the weight of the rim
itself(of course la hehe).

actually it's the maximum weight for a single rim can withstand
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience